No country for old men

You will love it if you are a Coen bros fan. I dont think I have ever met anyone who is not though.

I'm pretty sure I'll like this movie. I still don't get all the hoop-la over Blood for Oil though. I thought it was a tad dry even though character studies usually are, I found this one to be dry the entire film.

hmmm, Iam sure I will watch it. I often like movies that ohter dont like though even when they are a little dry.

I like the slice of life shit more than most.

I need to be entertained on some level. I definitely need a climax and resolution on some level or the lack of a resolution to be integral to the storyline/plot.

I need to be entertained on some level. I definitely need a climax and resolution on some level or the lack of a resolution to be integral to the storyline/plot.

Oh, if I wasn't a gentleman, I could have had fun with some of the comments here.

My Mom saw that Blood movie, and she didn't like it either. And I usually trust her judgement on movies.

But wait, before you trot out your movie critic credentials, didn't you pay to see all the Resident Evil movies? ;)

NCFOM was great but as Grind said There will be blood is better almost on the level of The Godfather. I'd say it is the best movie since Raging Bull.

Raging bull was a good movie and so was the Godfather movies but I prefer movies that make me think and NCFOM is in that catagorey.

OT:

Hey Desh, do you like foreign movies?

I just recently saw an Iranian movie, called "Color of Paradise". It was excellent. I think it won some international awards.

NCFOM was great but as Grind said There will be blood is better almost on the level of The Godfather. I'd say it is the best movie since Raging Bull.

You're both crazy! And that comment is an insult to the Godfather. There Will be Blood was no where near as captivating as the Godfather. That was a timeless classic you can watch over and over again. Blood definitely was not!

Oh, if I wasn't a gentleman, I could have had fun with some of the comments here.

My Mom saw that Blood movie, and she didn't like it either. And I usually trust her judgement on movies.

But wait, before you trot out your movie critic credentials, didn't you pay to see all the Resident Evil movies? ;)

No, just the last two and for the record, I really only liked the 2nd one. I've seen 28 Days & Weeks Later though.

I just saw, "This is England" that was really good actually. It was about the earlier skinhead movement in the 70s and 80s in England centered around a little boy who's father had died in war and he tried to find his place amongst his peers. That was good because you learned something and the characters were highly engaging.

well, I'm not one to talk. I saw all the resident evil movies. How lame is that? I have some weird movie tastes; everything from cool ass british zombie movies (28 days), to foreign films, to documentaries.

No US it is a good movie and well acted. It leaves the viewer thinking. I think you would like it.

La Vie en Rose was awesome... No Country was also.... Blood was too...

bottom line: this was an exceptional year for movies. period.

usc and battleax, back in the day we didn't have movies on the go in a hand held gadget. Did he need binucla's???

you freaks need to lay off the gerital.

No US it is a good movie and well acted. It leaves the viewer thinking. I think you would like it.

If it is like the Godfather or raging bull I have no interest in it.
Sorry. For me the violence must be at a reasonable level and somewhat justified.
I watched the first little bit of Eastern Star and turned it off.
I go for good acting and a plot I like, or just a plot I like with poor acting, as much of Scifi is :D

I dumped one lady shortly after she told me Pulp Fiction was her fav film.

Last edited:
Back