Nominations for greatest american poll

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I'm going to run a poll on the greatest American. You each get one nomination.

I nominate myself

EDIT: nominate as many as you want.

Last edited:
After significant deliberation i have decided to throw my weight behind, legendary Brighton and Hove Albion shot-stopper, Tony Meolas.

After significant deliberation i have decided to throw my weight behind, legendary Brighton and Hove Albion shot-stopper, Tony Meolas.

Well if Watermark can nominate himself I guess why not someone from Brighton?

Remember when AOL did this and they were embarrased cause a bunch of wingnuts who subscribed to AOL voted Ronald Reagan as the greatest American ever. LOL

Without question I have to give it to Franklin Delano Roosevelt, reading the history of the times - he may have made some mistakes - but his imprint on America created both a great and a fair nation.

would have to be someone in a field of technology or science. anyone can be president not everyone cures cancer or maps the human genome.

would have to be someone in a field of technology or science. anyone can be president not everyone cures cancer or maps the human genome.
What about Explorers? Neil Armstrong will be remembered long after people have forgotten who Washington or Lincoln were. Armstrong is the Christopher Columbus of our era.

But if we were to give that distinction to an American scientist, and I dont consider Einstein an American Scientist, I would have to go with Linus Pauling.

I think Einsten would be pretty much recognized as the greatest American scientist there, although it's somewhat of an obvious choice.

The guy who saved the most lives was the person who started the green revolution. He's saved over a billion from starvation.

I really can't think of many American presidents who weren't mediocre and didn't commit scores of unforgivable atrocities. Which is why I wouldn't nominate a president.

What about Explorers? Neil Armstrong will be remembered long after people have forgotten who Washington or Lincoln were. Armstrong is the Christopher Columbus of our era.

But if we were to give that distinction to an American scientist, and I dont consider Einstein an American Scientist, I would have to go with Linus Pauling.

he's just a figurehead. as much of an american icon as he is, if he didn't exist, someone else would have had his place. It's not like he singlehandidly made it to the moon...

Back