Not Clear?

Cancel7

Banned
"Even if Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Byrd succeed in their effort, it is not clear whether President Bush would have to withdraw troops, or if he could resist by claiming that Congress cannot withdraw its earlier authorization but instead has to deny money for the war to achieve that result. "

I don't he will abide it, even if passed. You have two choices here, you defund the damned war, or you impeach him. And you can line up and call people who say this moonbats and left wing nuts, but the facts remain that there are two ways to stop this war. Impeach Dick Cheney and President Bush, or completely defund the war. If you defund the war, I think that Cypress is correct and he will leave the troops there anyway, and as the body count rachets up, he will say the democrats are killing our troops because they won't fund them. So, Impeachment, however "radical" someone might think it is (though I note it was not radical when someone got a FREAKING BLOWJOB) is the only route. Anything other than impeachment and people continue to die until January of 09, when we get a new President. That is a moral decision this country must make. They want the war done with, what are they willing to DO ABOUT IT. Because sitting around bullshitting in your living room...pretty much meaningless.

Clinton Proposes Vote to Reverse Authorizing War
By CARL HULSE and PATRICK HEALY
WASHINGTON, May 3 — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton proposed Thursday that Congress repeal the authority it gave President Bush in 2002 to invade Iraq, injecting presidential politics into the Congressional debate over financing the war.

Mrs. Clinton’s proposal brings her full circle on Iraq — she supported the war measure five years ago — and it sharpens her own political positioning at a time when Democrats are vying to confront the White House.

“It is time to reverse the failed policies of President Bush and to end this war as soon as possible,” Mrs. Clinton said as she joined Senator Robert C. Byrd, Democrat of West Virginia, in calling for a vote to end the authority as of Oct. 11, the fifth anniversary of the original vote.

Her stance emerged just as Congressional leaders and the White House opened delicate negotiations over a new war-financing measure to replace the one that Mr. Bush vetoed Tuesday.

Even if Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Byrd succeed in their effort, it is not clear whether President Bush would have to withdraw troops, or if he could resist by claiming that Congress cannot withdraw its earlier authorization but instead has to deny money for the war to achieve that result.

The question could prompt a constitutional debate over war powers that only the federal courts could resolve.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/04/washington/04cong.html?hp=&pagewanted=print

The idea of revoking authority for the war has circulated on Capitol Hill for weeks without gaining much ground. Senator John W. Warner, Republican of Virginia, had raised the idea because the original resolution did not envision the prospect of troops caught in a civil war.

This is interesting that Warner suggested it... a republican!

Darla,

I think I will need help answering that. It is my impression that you cannot knock them both out at the same time. If you impeach Bush, Cheney becomes President and appoints a VP. If you impeach Cheney first, Bush appoints a new VP.

I think the third in line only applies if both President and VP are killed togther.

But I am not sure, thus I will have to try to find out for sure.... unless someone else already knows.

Darla,

I think I will need help answering that. It is my impression that you cannot knock them both out at the same time. If you impeach Bush, Cheney becomes President and appoints a VP. If you impeach Cheney first, Bush appoints a new VP.

I think the third in line only applies if both President and VP are killed togther.

But I am not sure, thus I will have to try to find out for sure.... unless someone else already knows.

Yeah, I thought of that after I wrote what I did. I think you're right here. That is the catch-22 alright.

"Mrs tight face ?"

I think she is a Joan Rivers wannabe.

"How to frighten children in 12 easy facelifts"

Really? I seriously think she looks great. Not overly plasticized at all. In fact, I think you can more easily tell the work that Nicole Kidman, who is decades younger, has had, than on Pelosi.

Really? I seriously think she looks great. Not overly plasticized at all. In fact, I think you can more easily tell the work that Nicole Kidman, who is decades younger, has had, than on Pelosi.
I agree. She looks very good, especially for her age.

I was thinking of making some smartass quip about my being biased because I'm a San Francisco Nancy-boy, but thought better of it. That would be dangerous around here.

:cof1:

I agree. She looks very good, especially for her age.

I was thinking of making some smartass quip about my being biased because I'm a San Francisco Nancy-boy, but thought better of it. That would be dangerous around here.

:cof1:

LOl

I don't see this evidence of numerous facelifts and "tightface". Now Liz Dole, can hardly talk her face is so tight. But I suppose since she's a republican, then that's ok.

LOl

I don't see this evidence of numerous facelifts and "tightface". Now Liz Dole, can hardly talk her face is so tight. But I suppose since she's a republican, then that's ok.
I hope that, when the Bushes move out of the White House, Dubya remembers to bring Laura's remote control. Leaving it behind could be really embarrassing.

"In fact, I think you can more easily tell the work that Nicole Kidman, who is decades younger, has had, than on Pelosi."

She definitely looks better than she did. I was just going along with US. Hopefully she will not actually take it as far as Rivers did. But anyone who remembers Pelosi prior to the lift(s) knows what she used to look like and it is rather obvious. Those that didn't know her (or what she looked like at least) probably cannot tell on their own.

"In fact, I think you can more easily tell the work that Nicole Kidman, who is decades younger, has had, than on Pelosi."

She definitely looks better than she did. I was just going along with US. Hopefully she will not actually take it as far as Rivers did. But anyone who remembers Pelosi prior to the lift(s) knows what she used to look like and it is rather obvious. Those that didn't know her (or what she looked like at least) probably cannot tell on their own.

Oh. You know, I didn't see her much, if at all then. So that's why I probably can't tell.

"Oh. You know, I didn't see her much, if at all then. So that's why I probably can't tell."

The only reason I knew who she was is I used to take frequent trips to San Fran on business....it seemed like she was always on the news. While I am not a fan of most of her positions, she is a strong leader and has represented her district well. Unlike Clinton, you know where she stands. I respect that in a person, whether I agree with them or not.

That said, being an evil bastard, I will not hesitate to make fun of her Rivers impression. :D

How do you figure this?
Trials would not go on in tandem, they would be replaced with appointments and whatever is going on would continue unless the new appointee ordered it. Impeachment would be no guarantee that the war would end. That is just extrapolation from your own opinion.

Back