Not Clear?

Of course it costs something. They do get paid to waste their time there, and they get overtime above their salaries, they just have to file paperwork for it. Trials always come at a cost, and one involving a jury of 100 Senators is not cheap.

Are you f'ing kidding me? Those clowns get overtime? No way. They work three days a week on a good week. That's unbelievable.

Still and all, you don't believe that there is never a good reason for impeachment, do you?

Are you f'ing kidding me? Those clowns get overtime? No way. They work three days a week on a good week. That's unbelievable.

Still and all, you don't believe that there is never a good reason for impeachment, do you?
Of course not. I just point out that if there is likely no conviction then these are a waste of time and money for solely political gain, like Clinton's trial.

Of course it costs something. They do get paid to waste their time there, and they get overtime above their salaries, they just have to file paperwork for it. Trials always come at a cost, and one involving a jury of 100 Senators is not cheap.

They get OVERTIME!? Darn they only work about half the year and usually never a full week at a time...Salary plus overtime.....Darn government union.

If there is not a likely conviction it would be wasteful.

Well, that's why I want to start with the people. I'm not looking for a show impeachment, believe me. I want him out of office. I think that if there were a super-majority in the population who wanted it, the votes would be there. I think that's why Nixon had to resign actually, because the votes were there, and his party told him so. So now that I am working it through as I'm writing, if the votes are there, you don't even need the impeachment, he'd be forced out by his own party most likely. Although, with this guy, it's hard to say.

They get OVERTIME!? Darn they only work about half the year and usually never a full week at a time...Salary plus overtime.....Darn government union.

I'll tell ya, I still can't over that one. How many people know that? I didn't know it, and I think I'm pretty up to speed on politics. Moreso than the average citizen.

That's fine. I'd say that impeaching Nixon would not have been wasteful, and I say that impeaching bush would not be wasteful.

For sure no more wastful in life, world reputation and money than Bush's war.
Impeachment would cost about 1 weeks worth of war.

I'll tell ya, I still can't over that one. How many people know that? I didn't know it, and I think I'm pretty up to speed on politics. Moreso than the average citizen.

This would be great for the "liberal" media to run with...

I would love to see the reaction.

"I'll tell ya, I still can't over that one. How many people know that? I didn't know it, and I think I'm pretty up to speed on politics. Moreso than the average citizen."

I also was unaware of that. What a load of crap that is.... I guess it can be hard to get by on a quarter million a year (not counting the bribes of course... I mean money from lobbyists)

"I'll tell ya, I still can't over that one. How many people know that? I didn't know it, and I think I'm pretty up to speed on politics. Moreso than the average citizen."

I also was unaware of that. What a load of crap that is.... I guess it can be hard to get by on a quarter million a year (not counting the bribes of course... I mean money from lobbyists)

Yeah, and for a part-time job! Geez, we'd all be lining up for a job like that, if there were any.

I'm a heterosexual woman usc, no matter what Dano might say. So, rolling with swine? Pretty much part of my job description. ;)

I understand taht Darla. that is why I am so in demand as a good older gentleman :rolleyes:

There are lots of older women out there looking for a decent older man.

This was my reaction when I first found out about it. Also they get repaid for supply costs and other things. Sometimes "supplies" can be very expensive, especially if it is a prop for a speech on the hill.

This was my reaction when I first found out about it. Also they get repaid for supply costs and other things. Sometimes "supplies" can be very expensive, especially if it is a prop for a speech on the hill.

You know, you could say, well, if you cut all that out, then only the rich could be Senators, right? Poor people couldn't be because they couldn't afford transportation costs and supplies and all that. But of course we know, that only the rich become Senators anyway, mainly I guess because of the cost of campaigning, though I think that's only a part of it.

So I am really feeling like, we should cut their damned salaries, and they should work a full five day work week. They are overpaid and underworked. Especially compared to the average worker.

I think their salaries and benifits should be linked to the average wage and benefits. If the average goes up so does their by the same percentage or if the avg goes down so does theirs. Give them a vested interest to make things better for everyone.

I think their salaries and benifits should be linked to the average wage and benefits. If the average goes up so does their by the same percentage or if the avg goes down so does theirs. Give them a vested interest to make things better for everyone.

Good idea.

Works for me.

Back