Numerous dead at the Navy Shipyard

I blame Clinton for all the deaths, among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases.

clinton-disarm-bases.jpg

I blame Clinton for all the deaths, among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases.

clinton-disarm-bases.jpg

Well what do you know...just found out what Racist X and many other angry Righties claim is total bullshit:

The specious claim is in reference to a specific Army regulation, set in motion by a Pentagon directive issued on February 25, 1992 -- right around the time Bill Clinton came in second in the New Hampshire primary.

In other words, the right has decided to blame Clinton for a policy approved by the Bush/Quayle administration.

What's that?

Another Conservative lie?

How can that be?

When seconds count even the "military police" are minutes away.

Horseshit.

Now that actual details are coming out:

Washington, D.C. police chief Cathy Lanier detailed how local police officers arrived at the Navy Yard within two or three minutes of the first shots ringing out, and that even before that, "internal security" at the Navy Yard was firing at the gunman.

Indeed, we know that the apparent gunman's first victim was a Navy Yard security guard -- who was armed.

clinton-disarm-bases.jpg

:rolleyes: Ignorant rushbot.

[h=1] The Growing Myth Of Mass Shootings And "Gun-Free Zones" [/h] [h=2]Clinton Didn't "Ban" Guns On Military Bases[/h]"...By suggesting guns are banned at the Navy Yard, gun advocates want to paint the picture of an utterly defenseless, almost pacifist, facility; one where a gunman will have free reign over a completely unprotected community. News reports from the Navy Yard clearly debunk that claim.
Speaking to reporters yesterday, Washington, D.C. police chief Cathy Lanier detailed how local police officers arrived at the Navy Yard within two or three minutes of the first shots ringing out, and that even before that, "internal security" at the Navy Yard was firing at the gunman.

Does that sound like gun-free facility to you? Does that sound like the gunman didn't have to worry about anybody shooting back, as the Daily Caller absurdly claimed?

The attempt to blame Clinton is even more of a stretch, but it's also become a constant...

What these media conservatives are pointing to is not an executive order but a regulation issued by the Department of the Army in March 1993 regarding firearms on military bases. While that rule said most soldiers are not allowed to carry weapons, the Army certainly did not ban all guns in those facilities..."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09/17/the-growing-myth-of-mass-shootings-and-gun-free/195927

America is full of gun nuts, and anti social video game shooters!
Teabaggers are too fucking white trash stupid to realize we can improve
On the rules laid out to protect slave owners.

[h=1] The Growing Myth Of Mass Shootings And "Gun-Free Zones" [/h] [h=2]Clinton Didn't "Ban" Guns On Military Bases[/h]"...By suggesting guns are banned at the Navy Yard, gun advocates want to paint the picture of an utterly defenseless, almost pacifist, facility; one where a gunman will have free reign over a completely unprotected community. News reports from the Navy Yard clearly debunk that claim.
Speaking to reporters yesterday, Washington, D.C. police chief Cathy Lanier detailed how local police officers arrived at the Navy Yard within two or three minutes of the first shots ringing out, and that even before that, "internal security" at the Navy Yard was firing at the gunman.

Does that sound like gun-free facility to you? Does that sound like the gunman didn't have to worry about anybody shooting back, as the Daily Caller absurdly claimed?

The attempt to blame Clinton is even more of a stretch, but it's also become a constant...

What these media conservatives are pointing to is not an executive order but a regulation issued by the Department of the Army in March 1993 regarding firearms on military bases. While that rule said most soldiers are not allowed to carry weapons, the Army certainly did not ban all guns in those facilities..."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09/17/the-growing-myth-of-mass-shootings-and-gun-free/195927

What a surprise that once the true facts start to emerge, everyone who spent Tuesday making up bullshit, suddenly doesn't want to have anything to do with this thread.

Your first post was that all those people had concealed guns and that they didn't stop him. They didn't. Only security (guards) and cops have guns on bases. So far everything you have posted simply tells you that I was correct and that you ignorantly assumed everybody there was armed. That's BS. Now that you know it are you going to simply admit it, or will you try to move the posts again?

It tells me that I was right, it took minutes for the cops to get there, unlike the previous post where you posted some timeline and pretended that they never got there until the end. But I'm right again...because when seconds count, the cops are minutes away.

Although this is exactly what you promote, the only armed people were the cops/security, it underlines how ineffective the cops are as a means of prevention.

Everything, and I mean everything other than your ignorant "all those concealed weapons" blather, you've posted in this thread have so far borne out the points I have made.

Your first post was that all those people had concealed guns and that they didn't stop him. They didn't. Only security (guards) and cops have guns on bases. So far everything you have posted simply tells you that I was correct and that you ignorantly assumed everybody there was armed. That's BS. Now that you know it are you going to simply admit it, or will you try to move the posts again?

It tells me that I was right, it took minutes for the cops to get there, unlike the previous post where you posted some timeline and pretended that they never got there until the end. But I'm right again...because when seconds count, the cops are minutes away.

Although this is exactly what you promote, the only armed people were the cops/security, it underlines how ineffective the cops are as a means of prevention.

Everything, and I mean everything other than your ignorant "all those concealed weapons" blather, you've posted in this thread have so far borne out the points I have made.

Why do you believe an armed citizen would have been more effective?

Get a grip Damo. I only made one post on the thread and it consisted of info from Media Matters.

Your very first post claimed the base was a GUN FREE ZONE...and surprise...we have now proven that you were full of it once again.

Back