NYC Mayor Eric Adams indicted by grand jury in historic federal probe

ziggy

Verified User
Mayor Eric Adams has been indicted by a grand jury on charges connected to a federal probe that has shaken his administration, sources told The Post.

The historic indictment is expected to be unsealed Thursday by US Attorney Damian Williams, according to the sources. The news was first reported by the New York Times.

Adams will surrender to authorities early next week, sources said.

Details about the exact accusations remained unclear, but are believed to be connected to an alleged kickback scheme involving the Turkish government illegally funneling money into his mayoral campaign, according to sources.

It’s also uncertain how the indictment is related to a sweeping set of Sept. 4 raids that targeted several high-profile Adams administration officials, which sent City Hall into a weeks-long tailspin as news reports emerged of investigations focused on alleged corruption by the mayor’s inner circle.

The indictment’s unveiling will come after federal prosecutors recently demanded City Hall cough up all communications between the Adams administration, Turkey and five other foreign countries amid the long-running probe.

Adams’ 2021 campaign had previously been served with subpoenas for information on its campaign donations — specifically those that had ties to Turkey, sources told The Post.

Sprawling record requests then came in a July batch of subpoenas seeking details on all interactions between admin officials and Israel, China, Qatar, South Korea and Uzbekistan, the sources added.

Adams, City Hall and his election committee were also hit with grand jury subpoenas that same month — with the feds obtaining text messages, documents and other communications and materials.

The US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York had remained tight-lipped about the probe ever since it burst into view last November with a dramatic raid on top Adams fundraiser Brianna Suggs’ Brooklyn home.

The raid — which sought evidence of straw donor kickbacks by the Turkish government and the Williamsburg-based construction company KSK Construction Group into Adams’ mayoral campaign — prompted Hizzoner to scurry back from a much-publicized White House meeting on the migrant crisis.

The feds subsequently raided the homes of City Hall staffer Rana Abbasova and Cenk Ocal, a former Turkish Airlines executive who worked on Adams’ transition team.

A week later, Adams had his own phones and iPad seized by FBI agents on the streets of Manhattan.

Meanwhile, another aide, Winnie Greco, had her Bronx home raided by FBI agents in February, though it wasn’t clear at the time whether it was tied to the Turkey probe.

Hizzoner has long denied any wrongdoing.

“It takes a great deal of discipline to not say something when you know you’ve done nothing wrong,” Adams said in August when asked about the mayoral campaign investigation.

The indictment marks the first time a New York City mayor has faced charges in 170 years, according to historical research done by THE CITY.

WOKE Death Cult is one and done when it comes to major transgressions.....there is no redemption in WOKE....are there are far too many people on the planet anyways.....those of us who refuse to do as we are told can leave life according to The Bus Drivers To UTOPIA.

"SHUT UP AND DIE!!!"

Eric Adams proclaims ‘innocence’ to The Post moments after becoming first sitting NYC mayor to be indicted​

Mayor Eric Adams told The Post he has become a target and will fight to prove his innocence after he reportedly became the first sitting New York City mayor to be indicted on Thursday.

“I always knew that if I stood my ground for New Yorkers that I would be a target — and a target I became,” Adams said in a statement to The Post.

“If I am charged, I am innocent, and I will fight this with every ounce of my strength and spirit.”

Eric Adams proclaims ‘innocence’ to The Post moments after becoming first sitting NYC mayor to be indicted​

Mayor Eric Adams told The Post he has become a target and will fight to prove his innocence after he reportedly became the first sitting New York City mayor to be indicted on Thursday.

“I always knew that if I stood my ground for New Yorkers that I would be a target — and a target I became,” Adams said in a statement to The Post.

“If I am charged, I am innocent, and I will fight this with every ounce of my strength and spirit.”

There is none of individuals standing their ground under the thumb of the Death Cult.....there will be obedience to the solidarity......OR ELSE!

Mayor Eric Adams has been indicted by a grand jury on charges connected to a federal probe that has shaken his administration, sources told The Post.

The historic indictment is expected to be unsealed Thursday by US Attorney Damian Williams, according to the sources. The news was first reported by the New York Times.

Adams will surrender to authorities early next week, sources said.

Details about the exact accusations remained unclear, but are believed to be connected to an alleged kickback scheme involving the Turkish government illegally funneling money into his mayoral campaign, according to sources.

It’s also uncertain how the indictment is related to a sweeping set of Sept. 4 raids that targeted several high-profile Adams administration officials, which sent City Hall into a weeks-long tailspin as news reports emerged of investigations focused on alleged corruption by the mayor’s inner circle.

The indictment’s unveiling will come after federal prosecutors recently demanded City Hall cough up all communications between the Adams administration, Turkey and five other foreign countries amid the long-running probe.

Adams’ 2021 campaign had previously been served with subpoenas for information on its campaign donations — specifically those that had ties to Turkey, sources told The Post.

Sprawling record requests then came in a July batch of subpoenas seeking details on all interactions between admin officials and Israel, China, Qatar, South Korea and Uzbekistan, the sources added.

Adams, City Hall and his election committee were also hit with grand jury subpoenas that same month — with the feds obtaining text messages, documents and other communications and materials.

The US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York had remained tight-lipped about the probe ever since it burst into view last November with a dramatic raid on top Adams fundraiser Brianna Suggs’ Brooklyn home.

The raid — which sought evidence of straw donor kickbacks by the Turkish government and the Williamsburg-based construction company KSK Construction Group into Adams’ mayoral campaign — prompted Hizzoner to scurry back from a much-publicized White House meeting on the migrant crisis.

The feds subsequently raided the homes of City Hall staffer Rana Abbasova and Cenk Ocal, a former Turkish Airlines executive who worked on Adams’ transition team.

A week later, Adams had his own phones and iPad seized by FBI agents on the streets of Manhattan.

Meanwhile, another aide, Winnie Greco, had her Bronx home raided by FBI agents in February, though it wasn’t clear at the time whether it was tied to the Turkey probe.

Hizzoner has long denied any wrongdoing.

“It takes a great deal of discipline to not say something when you know you’ve done nothing wrong,” Adams said in August when asked about the mayoral campaign investigation.

The indictment marks the first time a New York City mayor has faced charges in 170 years, according to historical research done by THE CITY.

He's going down for public corruption.

Your sig line asks " What will you do if Trump turns the U.S into a Fascist nation? The REAL question Dutch is what will YOU do? The obvious answer? You will do absolutely NOTHING. Nothing at all in fact.
WHATEVER.....U must turn up right somewhat on a regular basis for me to care what you think.

Which sadly does not tend to happen.

Get bent.

WHATEVER.....U must turn up right somewhat on a regular basis for me to care what you think.

Which sadly does not tend to happen.

Get bent.
I have had to deal with attention seeking Karens like you that I have shunned most of my life. They never seem to give up,....they take forever to be rid of. I have had a few beating on my door in the middle of the night? WTF! Karens for some odd reason take forever to figure out that " NO, Sorry,.. IM NOT INTERESTED" really does mean NO, Sorry,... IM NOT INTERESTED! I had one even track me down hours away in a new location I was living at. Came right to my house knocking on the door late at night. Same thing applies to you. Why do you continue making an ass out of yourself in an effort to gain my attention? Arent you ashamed and embarrassed for yourself? I would be. Act like a man instead of a shunned woman,...WTF!

I have had to deal with attention seeking Karens like you that I have shunned most of my life. They never seem to give up,....they take forever to be rid of. I have had a few beating on my door in the middle of the night? WTF! Karens for some odd reason take forever to figure out that " NO, Sorry,.. IM NOT INTERESTED" really does mean NO, Sorry,... IM NOT INTERESTED! I had one even track me down hours away in a new location I was living at. Came right to my house knocking on the door late at night. Same thing applies to you. Why do you continue making an ass out of yourself in an effort to gain my attention? Arent you ashamed and embarrassed for yourself? I would be. Act like a man instead of a shunned woman,...WTF!
Right/Not Right is what matters.

U Fail the test.

Back