oh the modern age!

I wonder that sometimes myself! But it's better than Florida, which is where she was working/living. She got a great job offer from a company in Atlanta and took it.

(You know, I didn't ban anyone from this thread because I thought surely no one would bother to troll it... guess I underestimated our BM troll. I assume he's saying stupid stuff as always)

Big Money is just one if legions manifestations. Legion is a really pathetic person who had no user account themselves, but just keeps on coming to with troll accounts to post under.

The information stream

how awesome that people can get information at the touch of a finger that you used to have to search out a source to get it from.

The information age.

Im so glad I lived long enough to be part of it.

We came up with books to store our recollections and stories, and lost our memories. We came up with tools to do our work, and lost our strength. So, what happens when we come up with a device that does our thinking for us? The Chinese term for a computer literally translated to "electric brain", I've always found that to be somewhat interesting.

The smartphones do. But I don't recall Tekky saying her sister had a smartphone. And are you claiming the mapping apps have no flaws or glitches and that their maps are 100% accurate?

True, any relative of Tekkys' having anything described as "smart" is an oxymoron. I stand corrected.

I suppose those "mapping glitches" would also never occur on the computer that Tekky allegedly checked on her siblings' behalf.

True, any relative of Tekkys' having anything described as "smart" is an oxymoron. I stand corrected.

I suppose those "mapping glitches" would also never occur on the computer that Tekky allegedly checked on her siblings' behalf.

The fact that you think it is stupid to call someone for directions is all this thread needed. Any attempt, on your part, to save face or divert attention, is secondary now.

The fact that you think it is stupid to call someone for directions is all this thread needed. Any attempt, on your part, to save face or divert attention, is secondary now.

WB, feel free to just ignore BM; I should have banned him from this thread. What he thinks of my sister doesn't matter to me in the least.

Apparently he would rather my sister access google maps on a smartphone while driving and stare at the interface trying to figure out where she was in relation to her destination(which is much likelier to cause an accident) than just dial me and have me do all the looking.

He'd rather my sister die than that she ask for directions. He's the stupid one, and I'm sure he realizes it every time he looks in a mirror.

WB, feel free to just ignore BM; I should have banned him from this thread. What he thinks of my sister doesn't matter to me in the least.

Apparently he would rather my sister access google maps on a smartphone while driving and stare at the interface trying to figure out where she was in relation to her destination(which is much likelier to cause an accident) than just dial me and have me do all the looking.

He'd rather my sister die than that she ask for directions. He's the stupid one, and I'm sure he realizes it every time he looks in a mirror.

Actually, he is amusing to me. I wouldn't care what he thought of your sister. But the fact that he claims it is stupid to ask for directions is hilarious.

LOL, Tekkygal wants to thank the big, strong M A N?

How was her sister going to die for lack of directions in Georgia?

Did she wander into an uncharted wilderness that only the brainy Tekkygal could help her out of?

LOL, I'm happy you give me permission to hold an opinion. How can I ever repay you?

Let me put it another way: If you are not sure about your directions, you need information. Why would you think it is stupid to use your cell phone to contact someone you know would have that information available?

Back