OMG - Damo you're completely right!

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
I just thought of something. My mom did teach my brothers to be like women when they were younger. I can't believe I totally blanked on this. Till this day they still complain about the day she taught them how to change their maxi pads.

I thought it was good hip pocket info, apparently the kids at school thought otherwise? :dunno:

More reductio ad absurdam. You pretend that none of the rest of the conversation happened.

This is the weakest fallacy you have yet presented to date.

More reductio ad absurdam. You pretend that none of the rest of the conversation happened.

How else was I supposed to get you to respond with Latin?

I just thought of something. My mom did teach my brothers to be like women when they were younger. I can't believe I totally blanked on this. Till this day they still complain about the day she taught them how to change their maxi pads.

I thought it was good hip pocket info, apparently the kids at school thought otherwise? :dunno:

What do you think he means by “we are taught to be ashamed of ourselves”?

Frankly, if it’s masturbation, I say, welcome to the club? That is not a boy thing. My parents were always on me to keep my hands off myself, but I never could. So this whining is just self-pitying rubbish.

my parents told me I'd go blind. needless to say they were right. My vision is like 20/600.

I don't know what he means by "taught to be ashamed of themselves".

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. "

Tyler Durden: We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.

Durdin is the man inside the man.

He represents the unutilized part of men this current society ignores. Most women will have a tendancy to feel insulted by the line "I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer".

We should be no more insulted by this line than if you flipped it. We are society created by men. I'm wondering if another man is really the answer we need".

We cannot truely free women until we truely free men. We both have to feel free and then we will be on the right track.

Last edited:
"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. "

:rolleyes:

- meme

I think the man leaving the family is a sysmptom of this sense of unbelonging. I think we will bring men back to families if we allow them to be men in society.

Again this does not mean any of the power and respect women have and deserve to display have to be squashed.

reactio ad douchebago for specifically pointing out logical fallacies as a retort

I think the man leaving the family is a sysmptom of this sense of unbelonging. I think we will bring men back to families if we allow them to be men in society.

Again this does not mean any of the power and respect women have and deserve to display have to be squashed.

I give up. I have no idea what you and Damo are talking about. Most of the guys I'm surrounded by don't seem to have a problem being men and I've never seen anyone stop them from being men.

Who's not allowing men to "be men"?

I give up. I have no idea what you and Damo are talking about. Most of the guys I'm surrounded by don't seem to have a problem being men and I've never seen anyone stop them from being men.

Who's not allowing men to "be men"?

We must have so unthinkingly emasculated the so-called “men” that we know and have known, that we weren’t even aware that they had been feminized.

Because I have no fucking idea what this is all about either, and other than the fact that I find such penis-gazing to be incredibly irritating, I really couldn’t care.

We must have so unthinkingly emasculated the so-called “men” that we know and have known, that we weren’t even aware that they had been feminized.

Because I have no fucking idea what this is all about either, and other than the fact that I find such penis-gazing to be incredibly irritating, I really couldn’t care.

Well, I did make my boyfriend watch 3 seasons of America's Next Top Model

Why do men love sports so much?

Its because they long to be challenged physically, they long to bond to each other and form a hunting pack. They long to use the physicality that millions of years of design have given them. I know many women who would benifit from such freedom also. You can encorporate physicallity into education. Imagine a football field as a classroom where the people use the space to learn their history. Imagine a football sized field where kids are told today you play the noun, now where are you in the sentance while Jimmy here is the pronoun. There is a reason why people tune out and get bored with a classroom setting. We need to fully engauge children with all their senses. This is why art and music are such great teaching tools.

Back