APP - Open letter to republicans in congress

Smarter, I don't doubt they have an affect, I just don't think it stops people from hiring to the same degree that you think it does. I think it is about greed and the smaller picture and not the larger picture. Americans have become very self centered, they don't watch out for the other guy like they use to. My grandfather believed that if he kept people happy that they were more productive and in turn he was more productive. I don't see people wanting to invest in America any longer. They don't care because they can make their money in the stock market or overseas.
It is just my take on what is happening and the greed isn't limited to just the Republicans, it is what is sticking about all of America.

If I recall correctly, Wal-Mart initially was considered an example of a great company that watched out for its employees and was still able to amass huge profits. Then Sam Walton died and when the next bunch took over, they started to put profits before people and the company's rep took a dive.

Dear republican congress members, welcome to your newfound majority. But before you get too comfortable in those offices, there are a few things that you should be made aware of.

1) You're sitting in those offices due to hundreds of TEA party movements and members who will demand and expect certain things of you. It would be detrimental to your political security to turn your backs on us and revert back to your old GOP ways.

2) You weren't (re)elected to exact revenge on anyone or any group. There are disturbing reports that some of you are angry at a few corporations for their switch in allegiance from one party to the other. Need I remind you that you work for us, not them? Remember that well, for you could find yourself replaced in a few short years, or sooner.

3) Some of you are upset that a long time ally, the NRA, supported a bunch of Democrats over you and that you've promised retribution because of it. Word of advice.....do NOT screw with any more gun laws, period. You want to repeal some of them, fine. But any new gun laws that further restrict the right of the people to keep and bear arms will not be tolerated. There may be 4 million members in the NRA, but there are far more of us gun owners that are not and we will take great offense at any 'punishment' you decide to dish out.

4) The main reason you're now sitting in congress is to fix the deficit. It's complete insanity to continue the way this country has been, and yes, your party is half responsible for it, so fix it. No more compromise. Cut spending, lower taxes, audit the fed reserve, and then get your stupid noses out of the free market.

5) Don't forget that your jobs are temporary. Just because you spend 2, 4, or even 6 years doing what the people demand you do, you will be replaced by new blood eventually. The culture of career politics is dying, albeit slowly, so don't bother getting entrenched in special interests/big business political corruption. We will find out and we will take action.

good luck in there, you're going to need it.

signed,

The new American populace.

the main reason that they are in congress is they had more money and told bigger lies and will get the boot during the next election when voters discover that they lied - jobs jobs jobs now is what they want and screw the deficit

Back