O'Reilly rippin mad

I assure you that the no-fly zones were indeed illegal. Look it up: I don't have time to do your remedial international relations homework for you.

In case you hadn't noticed it, the "Iraq War is Illegal" ninnies now outnumber you ninnies. Get with the program dudette.

Hey Ornot, I don't think this dmp character is dealing with a full deck.

Either you are ignorant or a liar. Ignorance of internation law is understandable.

Yes - On this board, they seem to. In reality - those who have a clue - stopped using that slogan once they opened their mind to law, common sense, and reality.

Hey dump,

In spite of what Rush Limbaugh instructed you to believe, the UN never specifically authorized no-fly zones. There was no actual legal basis for them.

But, since Britain, the US, and France were ostensibly acting as good samaritans, in protecting the kurds and shia, nobody in the international community gave a shit about challenging the legal authority.

And frankly, saddam was a thug. Nobody gave a shit about protecting his rights under international law.

As for the war, virtually everyone on the planet knows it was illegal, except for 30 million Bush cheerleaders. Heck, even top bush advisor, Richard Perle even let it slip out, at a talk in london. He admitted that, technically, your and bush's war was illegal.

Don't you think that with those troops on his borders and the inspectors having full access, that we would have discovered soon enough...

No, and at this point, it really isn't about would've. The debate over the war has been over for a while, the decision was made by Congress and the President, and we went into Iraq. Who's fault that is, who is to blame for bad intelligence, and what we could've done instead of going into Iraq, are all pointless discussions at this point.

Tuesday the American people gave you a shot to change Iraq. Go for it! Change Iraq! Make Iraq go away! Bring troops home! Send more troops there! Do whatever the fuck you think should be done to make it better in Iraq, just stop whining and bitching about something no one can change now. It's like I said a few weeks ago, nothing is going to make Iraq never happen, it's too late for that, no matter what Democrats do, you can't make Iraq not happen, it already happened. So, let's stop moaning and whining about what should've been done or what could've been done, or what would've happened if we did things different, and start figuring out what to do NOW!

no...the american people did not give us that sort of power. they will, however, do so in 2008. As of now, all we can do is advise and consent to the conduct of the president's foreign policy...and we can chose to withhold funding for all or part of his foreign policy initiatives.
Do they teach civics in alabama? you know..the state where separate but equal accommodations for colored children is written into the constitution...and you were one of the folks who voted against removing that racist language?

Don't you think that with those troops on his borders and the inspectors having full access, that we would have discovered soon enough...

No, and at this point, it really isn't about would've. The debate over the war has been over for a while, the decision was made by Congress and the President, and we went into Iraq. Who's fault that is, who is to blame for bad intelligence, and what we could've done instead of going into Iraq, are all pointless discussions at this point.

if it wasn't about "would" and "could".... then why did YOU say

"Yes, with 150,000 American troops on his borders, awaiting invasion orders, he allowed full acceess. Too bad he didn't allow it before then, maybe we could have avoided a war...."

MY point was that we COULD have indeed avoided war if morons like you were not the ones deciding how to run our nation's foreign policy.

no...the american people did not give us that sort of power. they will, however, do so in 2008. As of now, all we can do is advise and consent to the conduct of the president's foreign policy...and we can chose to withhold funding for all or part of his foreign policy initiatives.

Yes, that is precisely what the American people gave you the power to do! You can have Congress pass a bill to bring the troops home, you can withhold funding of the war, you can effectively end the war anytime you see fit, since war IS a Consitutional responsibility of Congress. If you think America is going to buy that you STILL don't have enough power to stop Bush, you will be in serious trouble in '08.

we do not have veto proof majorities in either chamber. Do you understand how government works?

The only thing we can do is withhold funding....

and for someone who has been so wrong in his prognostications about Terri Schaivo, and war dead, and the nuclear option, and especially on the results of elections....

you really should avoid saying things like "you will be in serious trouble in '08"

You have a proven track record of not knowing what the fuck you are talking about about anything, most certainly election results.

MY point was that we COULD have indeed avoided war if morons like you were not the ones deciding how to run our nation's foreign policy.

Oh well... whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks! What's done is done, Kerry and Hillary voted for it. No one cares now, that is the point. It doesn't matter if we could have waited, or if we should have waited, or even if we would have waited had it been a Democrat president. None of these things matter, with regards of what to do in Iraq now. Maybe you are still in shock from the victory, or maybe you are just a brain-dead clueless idiot, but sitting here moaning over the foreign policy decisions that got us into Iraq, is not going to fix the problem.

I am not partisan, like you and Prissy... I understand Democrats now control Congress entirely, and they ran on change in Iraq, so now they have won. Let's see some change! Rumy's gone, he's outta there, but I sort of think the people who elected you, are going to expect more than Rumy's head. I am anxious to see the Great Democrat Plan! The one you've kept a secret until you got your power back... let's have it! Let's get Iraq over with, and move on!

we do not have veto proof majorities in either chamber. Do you understand how government works?

yeah, I understand the Constitution gives Congress (controlled by your party) the Authority to Declare and Wage Wars, not the President. Go look it up! Veto? I don't give a fuck about no stinking VETO! America Spoke! Change! Got It?

The only thing we can do is withhold funding....

You better hope the fuck your bunch does considerably MORE than withhold funding, but that better be the very FIRST thing you do! The people have spoken, the people expect you to CHANGE IRAQ! Let's get going with it!

Oh well... whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks! What's done is done, Kerry and Hillary voted for it. No one cares now, that is the point.

actually, America cares now...and America punished your party for the fuck up in Iraq on tuesday...and they will finish the punishing in '08 when they refuse to send anyone who had anything to do with Bush to the white house...

ask youself how many of your presidential wannabes have ever had their picture taken with dubya.... you'll see those photos again in '08 in democratic campaign ads, I guarantee it.

Again... if you think you can just cavalierly wipe the blood of 24000 dead and wounded Americans off your hands and the American voter won't notice or remember, you are fucking deluded....but given your 100% failure rate at prognostication, we already pretty much knew that.

Last edited:
the only reason you'd put me on ignore was because getting your butt kicked by a superior intellect was getting embarrassing for the king of the bush asslicking gadflies

actually, America cares now...and America punished your party for the fuck up in Iraq on tuesday...and they will finish the punishing in '08 when they refuse to send anyone who had anything to do with Bush to the white house...

Oh America punished my party for Iraq, and they gave your party two years of Congressional control to "change" something. They weren't even picky about holding you to specifics there... just fucking CHANGE something! I don't think they will consider two more years of whining about Bush, as a real "change".

Back