Our First Restaurant Meal

Concart

Contributor
My wife and I took the plunge. Our favorite local restaurant re-opened their patio and bar area for dinner and drinks. The best way to describe the experience is 'surreal'. Everyone was wearing masks (including us, until the meal was serverd). Half of the tables were unavailable. The place was about 25% of the normal Thursday happy hour crowd. I think this is the 'new normal' I felt safe, but I'm just not sure how the restaurant remains in business. I left a 50% tip because those restaurant workers are in a really tough spot. They need to work, but there are people that aren't concerned about their safety. Bottom line, this model will work to keep people relatively safe, but I just don't know how the restaurant can survive with that model. If it was more crowded, we would have just turned around and gone home. Very strange experience.
'

My wife and I took the plunge. Our favorite local restaurant re-opened their patio and bar area for dinner and drinks. The best way to describe the experience is 'surreal'. Everyone was wearing masks (including us, until the meal was serverd). Half of the tables were unavailable. The place was about 25% of the normal Thursday happy hour crowd. I think this is the 'new normal' I felt safe, but I'm just not sure how the restaurant remains in business. I left a 50% tip because those restaurant workers are in a really tough spot. They need to work, but there are people that aren't concerned about their safety. Bottom line, this model will work to keep people relatively safe, but I just don't know how the restaurant can survive with that model. If it was more crowded, we would have just turned around and gone home. Very strange experience.
'

time for kids fairytales?

'

I went to a pizza place last week but we ate outside as well (to go).. The patio area was blocked but we found ways to make ourselves comfortable from our hike..

I did a a 50% tip & my friends were commenting the lady running it was kinda gruff.. It was empty inside(usually packed on a Friday) & I could only feel she was pretty depressed thinking this just aint going to work..

If they are required to run @ half capacity I don't see how most of them are going to make it..

There was a new Tea shop(Boba style) that just opened~had their grand opening & gave out tea all day to lure customers-next day they had to close.. I have not talked to her since but I can't see them being around after this, they put everything they had into that little place.....:(

'

Hmmmm, how does one eat out while......wait for it......wearing a mask. :thinking:

I went to a pizza place last week but we ate outside as well (to go).. The patio area was blocked but we found ways to make ourselves comfortable from our hike..

I did a a 50% tip & my friends were commenting the lady running it was kinda gruff.. It was empty inside(usually packed on a Friday) & I could only feel she was pretty depressed thinking this just aint going to work..

If they are required to run @ half capacity I don't see how most of them are going to make it..

There was a new Tea shop(Boba style) that just opened~had their grand opening & gave out tea all day to lure customers-next day they had to close.. I have not talked to her since but I can't see them being around after this, they put everything they had into that little place.....:(

Did you eat your pizza with your mask on? :thinking:

Not sure why you are being a bigger jerk than normal but you really should go find something to do...........

thanks

It never seems to bother you when FloridaFool is a jerk to Conservatives. Why is that? Did you eat pizza with you mask safely in place?

'

Raise Prices. I would guess the Restaurants that open, and stay open, will have to raise prices.

If you think the Bistros and Burger joints are suffering- HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE THE OWNER OF A CHINESE BUFFET RIGHT NOW!

That industry may be done! POOF! GONE WITH THE WIND!

'

We've had plenty of restaurant meals but won't be eating in restaurant for some time. It's really not worth it and we just got so much food at home. We just added two whole beef tenderloins to the mix for Mothers day. Cut up steaks and freeze the leftovers for later.

Yep, which will price some folks out.. Especially if you lost your job...

Yes. I think that could be part of the allure. The 'Peasants' won't be able to afford to go out. 'Going out to eat' ... could be a status symbol. :|

I figure a good 50% of the not fast food places are gone in two years, and 20% of the fast food.

It gets worse after that.

Yes. I think that could be part of the allure. The 'Peasants' won't be able to afford to go out. 'Going out to eat' ... could be a status symbol. :|

That is certainly true in super high tax cities like Seattle....Sit down places are going to die because of what they are going to have to charge....leaving behind places that are only kitchens with a pick up window.

This is going to be somewhat like how live music mostly disappeared because the numbers no longer worked....places could not charge as much as they needed to charge to make a profit with a few exceptions.

Yep......... It is a huge business here now. SO many restaurants..

Be back to the good O days of drive thru french fries between the seats, napkins in the glove box & ketchup stains on the seats..

Back