Paleontologists brought to tears, laughter by Creation Museum

Damo, I'm not having this argument with you. Go and piss off someone else.
Yeah, because you didn't really say this:

Many /= majority.

The majority of Christians believe in the creation story literally. The only reason a majority of Americans do not is because non-believers tip the scale.

Then later provided a link that said it was 45%.... 45% is not a majority. When it was pointed out to you that your own OP story actually said that "most" christians don't believe in the story literally you still insisted you were "right" somehow.

Yeah, because you didn't really say this:

Then later provided a link that said it was 45%.... 45% is not a majority. When it was pointed out to you that your own OP story actually said that "most" christians don't believe in the story literally you still insisted you were "right" somehow.

45% is in RESPECT TO THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF AMERICANS, NOT JUST CHRISTIANS. THIS IS NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

45% is in RESPECT TO THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF AMERICANS, NOT JUST CHRISTIANS. THIS IS NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.
*sigh*

Grind...

His assertion was that 100% of the 45% had to be Christians, but it ignores Muslims (who believe in the same creation myth), Jews, and other religions that believe in a Creation story (some Native American stories, Hindus, etc.) would also be included in that number. He further stated that because they were all Christians (fallacious assertion) it must be the "unbelievers" that turned the tide because they all must believe in "evolution"...

The reality is his link does not support his assertion based on "common sense" and a poll that says 45% of respondents didn't believe in "evolution", he was flat wrong, doesn't want to admit it, and will say or do anything including that I "lied" when I pointed out the flaw in his argument. The originating flaw is the fact that he was simply wrong. It isn't a "lie" to point that out.

*sigh*

Grind...

His assertion was that 100% of the 45% had to be Christians, but it ignores Muslims (who believe in the same creation myth), Jews, and other religions that believe in a Creation story (some Native American stories, Hindus, etc.) would also be included in that number. He further stated that because they were all Christians (fallacious assertion) it must be the "unbelievers" that turned the tide because they all must believe in "evolution"...

I mentioned that not all of the 45% would be Christian, but almost all of them would be. And there's no reason to assume that they believe in a literally creation myth at a rate significantly above the average Christian; in fact. Since they only make up a few percentage points, it wouldn't make a difference even if ALL of them believed in evolution (which is extremely unlikely for Jews, for one).

The reality is his link does not support his assertion based on "common sense" and a poll that says 45% of respondents didn't believe in "evolution", he was flat wrong, doesn't want to admit it, and will say or do anything including that I "lied" when I pointed out the flaw in his argument. The originating flaw is the fact that he was simply wrong. It isn't a "lie" to point that out.

No, I admitted it wasn't perfect evidence, it just points in that direction.

I had always thought that "evengelical" meant " according or pertaining to the Christian Gospel" thus an Evengelical would be one who lives according to the Christian Gospel but you are correct, in recent times it has become synonomous with Christian fundamentalism and yes, nearly all protestant denominations consider themselves to be Evengelical. Wouldn't be much point to them otherwise, would there?

the word "evangelical" was employed following the development of "fundamentalism" back in the 30s to distinguish one particular type of Christian denomination......you had "high order" type churches such as the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Episcopalian who stressed the function of religion as structure....you had "liberal" churches such as the United Church of Christ, which had come out saying you didn't really need to believe that Jesus was divine.......you had "evangelical" which believed the function of religion was to spread the news about Jesus.......you had the "fundamentalist" who believed the function of religion was to set standards for personal behavior, and you had "pentecostals" who were caught up in various spiritual activities.....

thus "evangelical" wasn't so much about "living according to the gospel" as it was about "spreading the gospel"......most of the missionaries that spread around the world came from denominations that were 'evangelical'......

the only thing people have exposed is how dumb they are.

So destroy my evidence Grind. Go ahead and bring me down. You know you would love to, so why don't you?

I eagerly wait for someone on your side to prove my statistics wrong. Because otherwise you have NOT PROVED that the majority of Christians are stupid, do not believe in evolution, Etc. You have become that which you have hated, I.E. a group who routinely supports each other regardless of contrary evidence.

I again point out that I'm not a Christian, and have no reason to personally defend them, so why is it that you cannot defeat my claim? Everyone here knows I'm fair and honest and willing to admit a mistake should I make one.

So prove me wrong, I would love nothing more than to learn something new.

PROVE ME WRONG

Back