Pentagon considered building a "Gay" bomb...

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Pentagon Confirms It Sought To Build A 'Gay Bomb'

(CBS 5) BERKELEY A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb."

Edward Hammond, of Berkeley's Sunshine Project, had used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain a copy of the proposal from the Air Force's Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio.

As part of a military effort to develop non-lethal weapons, the proposal suggested, "One distasteful but completely non-lethal example would be strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior."

The documents show the Air Force lab asked for $7.5 million to develop such a chemical weapon.

"The Ohio Air Force lab proposed that a bomb be developed that contained a chemical that would cause enemy soliders to become gay, and to have their units break down because all their soldiers became irresistably attractive to one another," Hammond said after reviwing the documents.

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html

Can you imagine even having the conversation and keeping a straight face? I couldn't do it. I'd bust out with a guffaw about 30 seconds after I started trying to quell it.

Can you imagine even having the conversation and keeping a straight face? I couldn't do it. I'd bust out with a guffaw about 30 seconds after I started trying to quell it.

No I can't imagine it. I'd be hysterical. But, I'm not completely insane and I think the people who came up with this nonsense must be.

No I can't imagine it. I'd be hysterical. But, I'm not completely insane and I think the people who came up with this nonsense must be.

It's not much crazier than the star wars missle defense!

We've been working on that boondogle for, what, 30 years? 500 billion dollars later, it's still a piece of crap that won't, and never will, work.

Ah well....it's good corporate welfare for Boeing Corp.

LOL. I could see it now....

Whooooooo! I can't stop laughing.

I also can't help but think of the hippies on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley who wear the 'Make Love Not War' shirts while selling pizza by the slice. Well, here you go.

It is rather south parkish. This is what our money goes to.

{shakes head}

It doesn't look like any money was spent on it. It was just a proposal. As everyone knows who has worked on any type of proposal or campaign of some sort many silly, funny and worthless ideas are discussed before coming up with what you want to go forward with.

I also can't help but think of the hippies on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley who wear the 'Make Love Not War' shirts while selling pizza by the slice. Well, here you go.

Just because someone wears a make love not war shirt, doesn't mean they're a hippy. I am way too young to be a "hippy", and I have something like that.

Except it's not a t-shirt, and it says no peace, no...well, never mind but I'm just making a point.

Why do you believe that everybody against this war is a "hippy" Cawacko?
With polls showing a majority of Americans now thinking this war was a mistake and wanting a way out, we must have an awful lot of hippies in this country. I mean, I had no idea.

It doesn't look like any money was spent on it. It was just a proposal. As everyone knows who has worked on any type of proposal or campaign of some sort many silly, funny and worthless ideas are discussed before coming up with what you want to go forward with.

Someone wasted time and consequently money coming up with this BS even though it was rejected.

Just because someone wears a make love not war shirt, doesn't mean they're a hippy. I am way too young to be a "hippy", and I have something like that.

Except it's not a t-shirt, and it says no peace, no...well, never mind but I'm just making a point.

Why do you believe that everybody against this war is a "hippy" Cawacko?
With polls showing a majority of Americans now thinking this war was a mistake and wanting a way out, we must have an awful lot of hippies in this country. I mean, I had no idea.

The kids that work at these pizza by the slice places on Telegraph Ave. have worn these Make Love Not War shirts since at least the mid to late '80's so it is has been far before the Iraq War.

And it may be a new set of kids that they hire every year but they basically all look about the same and I don't think they would be offended by the hippy label. It would take about a half second of viewing to realize these kids are not trying to fit into "main stream" type culture.

The kids that work at these pizza by the slice places on Telegraph Ave. have worn these Make Love Not War shirts since at least the mid to late '80's so it is has been far before the Iraq War.

And it may be a new set of kids that they hire every year but they basically all look about the same and I don't think they would be offended by the hippy label. It would take about a half second of viewing to realize these kids are not trying to fit into "main stream" type culture.

It's not a matter of being offended by it. I consider it a way to dismiss the people who are anti-war. Oh those hippies. Most people think of a hippy, they think of some old, dirty flower child, in their 60's now, with pot-damaged brain cells.

Back