"People who believe in God are more likely to be leftwing, according to a new study."

"People who believe in God are more likely to be leftwing, according to a new study."

'They put a greater value on equality than the non-religious, are more likely to be welcoming of immigrants as neighbors and when asked are more likely to put themselves on the left of the political spectrum.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wing-liberal-views-immigration-equality.html

I believe it and it doesn't surprise me at all. If you were raised Christian like me then you were taught to be kind to your neighbor. Accept all for their differences. Care for the poor and the needy. Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” Sound more Right Wing Capitalist or Left Wing?

The reason for this thread is in hope that the Left will stop attacking Religion. Attacking Religion has nothing to do with politics. Because religion should have never played a part in politics since the Constitution states "Freedom of Religion". I know it did make laws based on Christian beliefs, but fight it from the "Freedom of Religion" angle instead of the "anti-religion" angle.

I think this is a good post. I'm a Democrat, mostly liberal, and also a practicing Christian.

I do not attack religion but I abhor the idea of our govt making laws based on religious beliefs. And I will fight that.

Still struggling with basic grammar aren't cha? That's OK Céline used a lot of ellipsis too, but I don't think you will ever be able to write like he did, with or without ellipsis!

As far as being in the 50% who pay taxes, you should be proud, many people lost their jobs that allowed them to pay taxes and now earn so little that they are no longer making enough to get over the minimum deduction hump. So be thankful you are making enough to contribute and quite your damn complaining. You remind me of a man complaining about a hangnail to a man with no arm!

did the man with no arm claim a right to my fingers?.......

Back