Pick one: The "Bullitt" Mustang or the "Vanishing Point" Challenger

Drummie123

Verified User
Pick one: The "Bullitt" Mustang or the "Vanishing Point" Challenger

If you could own a replica of one car or the other, which one would you choose and why?

"Bullitt" 68 Ford Mustang Fastback

iu

iu

"Vanishing Point" 70 Dodge Challenger R/T

vanishing-point.poster.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
$3.7 Million?

Worth every penny.

If I wanted to satisfy my brain and wallet, I would opt for a replica Mustang.

But to look at?

The Mustang is no slouch, but I think the 70 Challenger is freaking beautiful.

They are both beautiful examples of the great horsepower wars of the late 60's and early 70's.

I own one of these

product.jpg

My first car was a 65 Mustang. Dark blue. Automatic. 289 V-8. Great car.

Mine had hub caps, but everything else was like the one in this image.

66coupe.jpg

My next car was a 71 Mustang canary yellow.

Ah, found one that looks almost identical to mine.

Loved that car. Again, like the Challenger, the 71 - 73 models were very pleasing to look at. Just beautiful to my eye. 302 V-8, automatic. High dashboard made me feel I was in a vintage fighter plane cockpit. I babied that car.

1973hardtop.jpg

Mine is a replica. I'm having a 427 center oiler built for it now. It was factory built by Unique Motorcars out of Gladsden AL. 100% American made American muscle.

Just awesome to look at. How closely does it approximate the power, feel, handling and ride of the original, I wonder.

This Bill Cosby story was the very first time I'd ever heard of a Shelby Cobra or Carroll Shelby!

LOL

Bill Cosby 200MPH

Just awesome to look at. How closely does it approximate the power, feel, handling and ride of the original, I wonder.

This Bill Cosby story was the very first time I'd ever heard of a Shelby Cobra or Carroll Shelby!

LOL

Bill Cosby 200MPH

It's actually better handling and faster than the original. It has a 2X4 steel frame, rack & pinion steering and a Jaguar rear end.
It's the most uncomfortable, loud, difficult to drive, lacks every "creature comfort" and it doesn't even have a glove box. BUT,
it's the most fun, attention grabbing and trophy winning car I've ever driven. In short, it's a blast, but extremely dangerous and
powerful as hell! It'll throw the rear end in front of you with a crack of the throttle in 3rd. gear. It's not for the timid, for sure.

I'd take the fastback everyday of the week and twice on Sundays

For attractiveness, the Challenger is waaaaay better looking.

But because of the aura surrounding the legend, the film, the chase and Steve McQueen, the Mustang is instantly recognized (and drooled over) by most car and film fans.

For attractiveness, the Challenger is waaaaay better looking.

But because of the aura surrounding the legend, the film, the chase and Steve McQueen, the Mustang is instantly recognized (and drooled over) by most car and film fans.

Nah the tang has it all.

Back