Pick one: The "Bullitt" Mustang or the "Vanishing Point" Challenger

TL&DILA is a great and interesting, absorbing, prophetic, seat of your pants thriller. It was extremely overlooked at it's debut, but it has grown beyond it's eventual cult classic status to be regarded as a masterpiece.

(CAUTION: SPOILERS ARE REVEALED IN THIS VIDEO)

To Live and Die in L.A. at 35: Race with the Devil - 35th Anniversary Video | Movie Birthdays

That sucks compared to Bullitt.

I could take a box Chevy like that and make it do whatever I wanted it to.

If I ever get more money than sense, I will do that, ultimate sleeper..hemi turbo engine..

6-speed manual..LOL! I still remember the old ways of boring and balancing and angled valve jobs. Headers..

We put a 400 in a Chevy Vega.

351 in a little Mustang II

We did that stuff.

Ha ha ha!!!

Freaking great!

LOLOL

:awesome:

Ha ha ha!!!

Freaking great!

LOLOL

:awesome:

I'll need the help of my black friend I'll call "Cooter", he's still around. He's really good with that stuff.

Truth be known, I helped, but he was the master of all that crazy stuff. It all worked in the end.

Good times!

I can do what I can do, but I need him for it all to come together. I can do quite a bit, but this dude's a genius.

We don't need no lift, just ramps, a tree, and a chainfall.

Ofc a shop..

I don't be disputin' him if he says we gotta do this and that to make it work.

Last edited:
It seems better than anything today, IMO.

No, not really. Some (like my car) were dangerous as hell compared to today. And you couldn't get nearly 800 HP from the factory. That was unheard of by many race cars. Even for the Iconic Ford 427 SOHC.

I'll need the help of my black friend I'll call "Cooter", he's still around. He's really good with that stuff.

Truth be known, I helped, but he was the master of all that crazy stuff. It all worked in the end.

Good times!

I can do what I can do, but I need him for it all to come together. I can do quite a bit, but this dude's a genius.

We don't need no lift, just ramps, a tree, and a chainfall.

Ofc a shop..

We all get by with a little help from our friends.

:)

Back