Please pray for my Cocker Spaniel, Jake

Praying for a peaceful resolution to your pet's pain. Putting a beloved pet down can be the hardest act ever, but often the most compassionate.

Alias, I don't get along with you but I sympathize with your pain here. Give your pet the love it deserves.

Dogs are the only animal that was designed by a long history of interaction with man to be able to read people better than other humans can.

If you so lightly deal with the emotions that are present in a relationship between a dog and a person then you deal lightly with human emotion.

Human emotion is not a bad and base thing as you seem to suggest by your callous treatment of the very real human pain the OP is feeling at the pain of his companion then you fail to understand the depth of human emotion.

Dogs have been proven to have the intelligence of a two year old child.

Would you treat an ailing two year old child and their parents with the same callousness?

I dont know who you are lowicuie, I dont know if you are really from China or not.

But I do know one thing about you, you are a cold stone hearted fool.

Internspecies bonds are real and one of the amazing things about humans is our ability to love.

This person LOVES their dog.

That love is real and that dog knows it.

That dog returns that love.

The only person who should deside when that dog needs help leaving this earth is the person with nothing but love in their heart for this dog.

That person is NOT you, your heart is a cold stone.

Mind you own damned business and see if there isnt some girl child who needs aborting in your own country.

Please please please. You'll be believing your own clap trap next.
How does one measure the intelligence of a dog? numerical sequence? Shape patterns? or is it simply its ability to loll its tongue and pant excitedly when its master bids it react.
No sir, stone hearted I am not - a fool maybe as are most people on occasion. You are confusing love as a human condition and bond, which may be between anything where exists some give and take. I feed the dog. The dog eats the food I provide. I refuse to feed the dog unless it rolls over. The dog rolls over for it knows only that it must eat. Show a dog a mirror: does it recognise the image as itself?
Yes, some people love dogs - some love pigs or horses or cats or gerbils but the emotion returned by a gerbil or a dog is, I'm afraid, entirely in the imagination of the human being. Often that human is deprived of the kind of love he or she craves from their fellows.
Strange that the same people who fawn and weep over dogs fight with everything they have against relationships of human beings of the same gender, of different colour or of different ethnicity.
You are entitled to your opinion. In this instance you are sadly mistaken. If it was a question of man loves dog as the animal it evolved into then why has he bred out almost all of its dogness and bred in as many human attributes as time and money has allowed.
I am sure there are many abortions every day in my country and in yours. How is that relevant to a man begging his fellow man to pray to an imaginary figure, invented by him for just such a purpose, for the return to health of a dog?

So you think that caring for a dying animal is more important than moderating your views for your fellow man. From your posts here, sir, your 'care' for human kind is extremely well hidden.
Your dying cocker spaniel is of value to you and to you alone. To entreat intelligent people to raise their hands to the sky in the ridiculous assumption than the animal will suddenly 'pick up its bed and walk' suggests to me that it is high time for you to book yourself into somewhere trained to care for you.

I didn't ask you to raise your hands to the sky. If you don't want to pray then don't. Nothing in my post about raising your hands. Are you hearing voices?

You've got to be kidding. I wouldn't pray for you...much less your animal. Go to Hell.
And realize that it's "Karma", coming back to you.

That's sad that you would transfer your hatred to an innocent suffering animal. Speaks volumes.

How does one measure the intelligence of a dog? numerical sequence? Shape patterns? or is it simply its ability to loll its tongue and pant excitedly when its master bids it react.
No sir, stone hearted I am not - a fool maybe as are most people on occasion. You are confusing love as a human condition and bond, which may be between anything where exists some give and take. I feed the dog. The dog eats the food I provide. I refuse to feed the dog unless it rolls over. The dog rolls over for it knows only that it must eat. Show a dog a mirror: does it recognise the image as itself?
Yes, some people love dogs - some love pigs or horses or cats or gerbils but the emotion returned by a gerbil or a dog is, I'm afraid, entirely in the imagination of the human being. Often that human is deprived of the kind of love he or she craves from their fellows.
Strange that the same people who fawn and weep over dogs fight with everything they have against relationships of human beings of the same gender, of different colour or of different ethnicity.
You are entitled to your opinion. In this instance you are sadly mistaken. If it was a question of man loves dog as the animal it evolved into then why has he bred out almost all of its dogness and bred in as many human attributes as time and money has allowed.
I am sure there are many abortions every day in my country and in yours. How is that relevant to a man begging his fellow man to pray to an imaginary figure, invented by him for just such a purpose, for the return to health of a dog?

If you want to believe dogs do not love that is your right, I suppose. I have seen dogs grieve at the loss of a human. I have seen them grieve at the loss of another animal, to the point that they lose all energy and die soon as well.

I have seen dogs offer kindness and sympathy. I have seen when they obviously know a person is ill or even that they soon will be ill.

There are things which biology does not explain in canines any more than it does in humans.

I had a Cocker Spaniel growing up. She ended up developing a heart condition, diabetes, and other illnesses, so my folks had her put her to sleep. I think she was around 11 or 12, which seems to be the the age when most Cockers start to go down hill.

Put it out of its misery and get on with something useful. It's a dog for goodness sake. It has an intelligence equal to that of a republican. Keep its ashes in a bottle and say hello every morning.

You're an evil person.

You've got to be kidding. I wouldn't pray for you...much less your animal. Go to Hell.
And realize that it's "Karma", coming back to you.

That's a pretty fucked up thing to say, even to one you consider an "enemy." Doesn't Jesus tell us to pray for our enemies?

I had a Cocker Spaniel growing up. She ended up developing a heart condition, diabetes, and other illnesses, so my folks had her put her to sleep. I think she was around 11 or 12, which seems to be the the age when most Cockers start to go down hill.

You're an evil person.

You could be right. Let's do everything we can to prolong its misery. As long as it makes us happy who cares that it doesn't know why it is in pain and has no way of hoping for or looking forward to better times. The owner, of course, can drown in his self serving tears in the sure knowledge that he is doing everything he can to screw with the life of an animal.
I'm evil???

If you want to believe dogs do not love that is your right, I suppose. I have seen dogs grieve at the loss of a human. I have seen them grieve at the loss of another animal, to the point that they lose all energy and die soon as well.

I have seen dogs offer kindness and sympathy. I have seen when they obviously know a person is ill or even that they soon will be ill.

There are things which biology does not explain in canines any more than it does in humans.

I am sure you read "Where the Red Fern Grows"... That book was so spot on with regards to the attachments that exist amongst dogs.

Give the dog it's due. Clearly it is more intelligent than you are. That may not be paying it any actual complement, but the fact itself remains.

Give the dog it's due. Clearly it is more intelligent than you are. That may not be paying it any actual complement, but the fact itself remains.

And welcome to the United States of Disney.

Is everyone obsessed with projecting their inadequacies onto animals in your country? Jeez... get a bloody life.

Koochi koochi koo. Roll over, sit up. Beg. Wow so bloody intelligent!

And that goes for your dogs as well.

Recent studies on dogs show that their level of intelligence is about equal to a 2 year old human.

They also show that dogs read human emotion better than other humans do.

Dogs are living beings and do create bonds just like all other pack animals.

Humans also are pack animals.

To degrade love in this messy world is to me about the stupidest thing a human can do.

Love is one of the things that makes this spinning ball worth camping on.

Yes I know am defending the love of someone here who also hates me becasue I refuse to share their silly religion or their backassed propaganda based political beliefs but that doesnt diminish the love the dog has for them and they have for their dog.

I am happy as a clam to find some level of human connectedness to this guy.

At least he loves his dog and his dog loves him.

why would I try to make him feel worse when I at last have found something about him to admire.

Dont fight people when they are showing goodness only fight them when they are wrong.

And welcome to the United States of Disney.

Is everyone obsessed with projecting their inadequacies onto animals in your country? Jeez... get a bloody life.

Koochi koochi koo. Roll over, sit up. Beg. Wow so bloody intelligent!

And that goes for your dogs as well.
I am actually not a dog lover. If anything, I am a cat lover, and was raised by a man who does not appreciate dogs. Given this upbringing, I will concede that it is awkward living in a country which appears to openly worship dogs. I have been known to antagonize some of these people by bringing up the topic of dog cuisine. My purpose was not to defend the canine race from you, but, rather, to draw attention to what a complete moron you are. Every post that you contribute to this board may as well be static, as it is often whiny, and generally painful to read. My first recommendation, in light of this, would be that you should never attempt humour or satire, but as you are unlikely to take my advise, perhaps you should go with not taking yourself seriously as a poster. Trust me, no one else does.

I am actually not a dog lover. If anything, I am a cat lover, and was raised by a man who does not appreciate dogs. Given this upbringing, I will concede that it is awkward living in a country which appears to openly worship dogs. I have been known to antagonize some of these people by bringing up the topic of dog cuisine. My purpose was not to defend the canine race from you, but, rather, to draw attention to what a complete moron you are. Every post that you contribute to this board may as well be static, as it is often whiny, and generally painful to read. My first recommendation, in light of this, would be that you should never attempt humour or satire, but as you are unlikely to take my advise, perhaps you should go with not taking yourself seriously as a poster. Trust me, no one else does.

Advice

Back