pre werewolf discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This rule is complete and total BS and must be dropped immeadiatly.

In the event of a MUST LYNCH situation (i.e. a day where village must lynch a wolf or lose), ONCE YOU HAVE CAST YOUR VOTE YOU MAY NOT UNVOTE OR CHANGE YOUR VOTE TO ANOTHER PERSON. ***YOU ARE LOCKED IN.***

That destroys the entire day. You often use your vote to provoke a response. It's a major part of the strategy. This rule makes absolutely no sense at all.

In the event of a MUST LYNCH situation (i.e. a day where village must lynch a wolf or lose), ONCE YOU HAVE CAST YOUR VOTE YOU MAY NOT UNVOTE OR CHANGE YOUR VOTE TO ANOTHER PERSON. ***YOU ARE LOCKED IN.***

That destroys the entire day. You often use your vote to provoke a response. It's a major part of the strategy. This rule makes absolutely no sense at all.

Hmm, it's grinds rule, I assume he must have a justification for it.

no mott, you are 100% wrong. this isn't a grind custom rule, this is literally how every single mafia/werewolf game is played, and I have to highlight this every round.

The reason for it is very simple, without it games will come down to wolves needing to have impossible timing.

Before werewolf nerds took their game to the internet, people would play it live all together in a room irl. When a villager misvoted, the final wolves present could bask in their glory of finally tricking the last villager and insta voting and winning the game. that's how the end game was always structured.

that's been extrapolated to the internet, where wolves may not always be around. The game should be about sussing out the truth (or hiding it) through clever debate, putting the pieces together etc, not getting lucky if one wolf isn't around to pile on the wagon to clinch the game.

Without the no-unvote rule, the last (and what should be one of the most exciting points of the game) will usually end up with everyone twiddling their thumbs until the last 5 minutes. A lot of the times it will come down to vote sniping. One villager voting at :59 then a wolf votes :59 and then the :59 villager unvotes to revote for the now clear wolves at :00 or something lame like that. At that point, the village isn't really solving the game through debate and reason or through any mental acuity, but by simple game mechanics. For all intents and purposes they were fooled and owned through the whole game but because one wolf has a slow internet connection it gives the game to the villagers.

no unvote rules at must lynch make the game more exciting and less susceptible to simple game mechanics. people can still debate and argue to their hearts content, but once the vote goes in, it's locked. this is only for must lynch situations though.

830 is already 130am for tom so don't know if we could push it further. if anyone thinks we could curb it back though it might be helpful.

8pm est?

730pm est?

I like 7pm est.

That's 9 . 5 for the pacific and . . . balls for Tom? Tom likes balls.

Last edited:
no mott, you are 100% wrong. this isn't a grind custom rule, this is literally how every single mafia/werewolf game is played, and I have to highlight this every round.

Didn't mean to imply that it was some custom rule of yours, just that you put it there and I'm too lazy now to even think of why. I didn't even read Mott's post. I meant, oh, it may very well have a good justification, and be the common way everyone plays werewolf, on fact, it probably is, I just don't feel like dealing with your shit right now Mott.

that's a damo job I think. I don't know how that was implemented. That said, 90% of those that don't play werewolf don't care about it, so I think we can come up with a pretty easy shortlist of those that will be threadbanned. Also we can make an exception for werewolf and just threadban as we go anyone that comes into a thread trying to disrupt the game.

I wouldn't want to curtail anyone's fun, but since I don't know how to play, would like to be able to watch and perhaps join in a later game. Just something to consider.

I wouldn't want to curtail anyone's fun, but since I don't know how to play, would like to be able to watch and perhaps join in a later game. Just something to consider.

Never mind, this thread is already too convoluted for me to untangle. I don't like games that much. ;) Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back