President Obama's legacy!

Seems to me Carter's positive legacy has a hell of a lot more to do with his post-Presidential work than with his presidency. I mean, he's done quite a bit of good for the world since 1980. Maybe GWB make a positive contribution to the world in his post-Presidential career, but I don't think his legacy as President is going to improve much.

Bush is known for his now, just like Carter was, but not like Carter was in the 90s when the spin started in stronger force.

It takes time, but people started paying more attention to Carter then, as new people who didn't feel the malaise were coming up to vote. In time, even somebody as bad as Carter will have people spin his legacy and people who didn't live it will sometimes believe. Carter will always be listed as one of the worst Presidents, but there will always be some who will want to believe the spin. That there are more now, only supports my prediction. In time the same will happen with "W".

I'd take you a lot more seriously if you mentioned Reagan.

Seems to me Carter's positive legacy has a hell of a lot more to do with his post-Presidential work than with his presidency. I mean, he's done quite a bit of good for the world since 1980. Maybe GWB make a positive contribution to the world in his post-Presidential career, but I don't think his legacy as President is going to improve much.

I could believe that.

Originally Posted by charver

Personally, i'd like to see a statue of Obama riding on the back of a drone while prominently displaying his Nobel Peace Prize
I wish I could thank this one more than once.
me2.
One for Yemen, a couple for the CIA signature strikes in Waziristan, and assorted bad ideas like topleing Gaddafi for chaotic rule.

And of course the famous "red line" nonsense about Syria's chem weapons.

http://rt.com/usa/cia-drone-strikes-unknown-targets-293/
Classified documents reveal CIA drone strikes often killed unknown people ... were instead “assessed” as Afghan, Pakistani and “unknown extremists. ... 2010, as many as half of the strikes were classified as signature strikes.

Bush better get busy!

I believe that's true, Im not sure he will ever develop the post presidency popularity even Nixon achieved. He does not seem to have much interest in using his position to do much other than chop wood.

Additionally Carter's economy was never as bad as Bush's.
Carter's economy was really bad."stagflation"
I think Reagan called it" malaise"
http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/3559-stagflation.html
Rarely is high inflation accompanied by a period of stagnation, but that is exactly what stagflation is. The unusual situation occurs when despite rising prices, economic growth is sluggish and unemployment rates are high. This is abnormal because generally a slow economy reduces the demand for goods and services, which in turn drives prices down.

Carter did produce the Sinai Accord, not an easy thing to do back then. He invested his presidency in getting Begin, and Sadat to negotiate a peace treaty,
aand demilitrazation of that desert region

To this day the benefits pay off, as Egypt could unlock it's destiny from Syria, and the Plestinian cause.

Perpetual wars were a real potential back then, and while the ME is always a cauldron, at least Egypt is only at war with itself.

yeah he was left a shitheap
ya. he did have the unfortunatge bad timing, and the oil embargo.
Reganomics put us on this path to supply side nonscense, and the weath gap.

I'm not all that great in economics, but Carter at least restored some dignity after that perverted Nixon.

Back