Priest says Hell is an invention of the church to control people with fear

Absolutely incorrect. There were three words used in the New Testament to speak of Hell, two of which were metaphorical, one which spoke of a place. Christ used the one that spoke of a place and absolutely used it as a destination. See the part where he spoke about it being better to put out your eye than to have Hell as a destination (actually used the word meaning a destination with the noun destination...)

Seriously, just saying "If you read scholars" doesn't make it so I won't be able to provide you with facts. I've read those scholars. Again and again, many of them. I also read those books... again and again. You know the personal history, you've read it here before.

Fact: Christ, when speaking of Hell, used the word (of the three used in the New Testament that were translated to "Hell"...) that actually was the one that meant the hot place we think of as a destination when thinking of Hell...

Hell is only thought of as a hot place because protestants confused hell with the lake of fire. Catholics do not believe in hell as a lake of fire, because they're not fucking crazy like the idiotic protestants are.

Back