Problems with Linux

One of the biggest problems with the linux community is that they are COMPLETELY ANAL about using anything that's closed source, even if it's free and they are given permission to distribute it. I'm like, what does it matter, when the alternative is that half the people who isntall Ubuntu are going to get confused and delete the OS within 10 minutes because it doesn't work with their hardware?

You know, I'm just waiting for the day, whenever someone makes a Linux distribution that works out of the box, that the average user can use on a daily basis without having to refer to the command line. That day will probably never come.

You're right about the Linux community - well some of it.

I hasten to add that I'm just a user who hates paying for software. Yes, I am a cheap bastard.

I'm not a member of the Linux community because I can't contribute to it. But I do understand the ideology of open source. I'm just not fussed by it. Hm if I posted that on a Linux forum I'd probably suffer for it.

As long as they don't stop me getting at software I can use for nothing (I have medibuntu as one of my repos - I am shameless) and without breaching copyright (I do have some principles) then I'm happy to let the open source Linux community do its thing. I won't use Gobuntu for example for two reasons.

1. I have no problem using some closed-source software just as long as I don't have to pay for it.
2. I am stupid. Gobuntu is harder to install than Gentoo or Slackware.

You're right about the Linux community - well some of it.

I hasten to add that I'm just a user who hates paying for software. Yes, I am a cheap bastard.

I'm not a member of the Linux community because I can't contribute to it. But I do understand the ideology of open source. I'm just not fussed by it. Hm if I posted that on a Linux forum I'd probably suffer for it.

As long as they don't stop me getting at software I can use for nothing (I have medibuntu as one of my repos - I am shameless) and without breaching copyright (I do have some principles) then I'm happy to let the open source Linux community do its thing. I won't use Gobuntu for example for two reasons.

1. I have no problem using some closed-source software just as long as I don't have to pay for it.
2. I am stupid. Gobuntu is harder to install than Gentoo or Slackware.

LOL. I have medibuntu and Automatix.

The first thing Automatix does whenever it pops up is to tell you that it was illegal for American users to download these certain DVD codecs, so, of course, that was the first thing I did. :)

I never got the point of Gobuntu. I'm not actually certain if anyone uses it. I don't see anything wrong with proprietary software. I don't see anything noble about open source. Open source software is made by hobbyists - honestly, they can imitate a few tasks pretty well, but once things get complicated, and they aren't getting paid, they usually give up. There aren't any open source games.

However, once I learn C++ I may start editing stuff. :cof1:

XP is pretty stable. I think it is the best windoze yet.
I have it running on 3 PC's and in 5 years only one crash. Which was due to a game installation.
Keep backups on DVD for any OS.

Yah.

XP is basically ugly vista without security.
No, Vista is basically retarded XP with added annoying bubbles that give you the "appearance" of security.

Get 62 Bit XP. Don't listen to H2O who thought Vista was magical greatness when it came out. It's the ME of 2007.

No, Vista is basically retarded XP with added annoying bubbles that give you the "appearance" of security.

Get 62 Bit XP. Don't listen to H2O who thought Vista was magical greatness when it came out. It's the ME of 2007.

I've used XP before.

It sucks. User Account Control is present in every modern operating system - get used to it. Giving every program running absolute control over every single part of the operating system was an idiotic decision that has only been done by Microsoft.

XP was Microsofts worst operating system. It was worse than ME. Hell, even it's search functions were a regression.

LOL. I have medibuntu and Automatix.

The first thing Automatix does whenever it pops up is to tell you that it was illegal for American users to download these certain DVD codecs, so, of course, that was the first thing I did. :)

I never got the point of Gobuntu. I'm not actually certain if anyone uses it. I don't see anything wrong with proprietary software. I don't see anything noble about open source. Open source software is made by hobbyists - honestly, they can imitate a few tasks pretty well, but once things get complicated, and they aren't getting paid, they usually give up. There aren't any open source games.

However, once I learn C++ I may start editing stuff. :cof1:

DVD codecs - :clink:

Yep, the games are bit thin on the ground and in terms of quality they don't get near the Windows based ones. I like fight sims and while I like FlightGear no way does it get anywhere near FS (although I'm toying with the idea of paying for XPlane, but I'm probably too stupid to use it).

DVD codecs - :clink:

Yep, the games are bit thin on the ground and in terms of quality they don't get near the Windows based ones. I like fight sims and while I like FlightGear no way does it get anywhere near FS (although I'm toying with the idea of paying for XPlane, but I'm probably too stupid to use it).

I just play my windows games in Linux using Wine. Without the bloat they run faster. It's like adding 500 megs of RAM to my system for free.

I like what I can do with shell scripts in Linux/Unix.
I also like the total file system control offered bye Linux/Unix that windoze has yet to even halfway equal.
just an FYI it has been a few years since I messed with Linux, I use Solaris Unix at work and have it loaded on a pc too.

Last edited:
Translation:

I am so scared I can't even type the name of the nation that I am afraid of.

Translation = I wish I could be a jew too, but I can't be because god didn't choose me, but I can be their special helpers, as long as I continually subjugate myself to jewish magnificence.

Translation = I wish I could be a jew too, but I can't be because god didn't choose me, but I can be their special helpers, as long as I continually subjugate myself to jewish magnificence.
Sure I can. I've even been circumcised. This is why your fear is so weird. Why would anybody want to be a noahide? It's preposterous. If you believed in their god wouldn't you either be christian or jewish yourself? It's just stupid to remain as the underclass when you can just convert and become part of the "blessed". Nobody would submit to this idiocy.

Sure I can. I've even been circumcised. This is why your fear is so weird. Why would anybody want to be a noahide? It's preposterous. If you believed in their god wouldn't you either be christian or jewish yourself? It's just stupid. Nobody would submit to this idiocy.

Let's ask them. I think it's from a lifetime of being intimidated and guilted by jews.

Let's ask them. I think it's from a lifetime of being intimidated and guilted by jews.
Silly. Not one of them think. "Boy! Wouldn't it be great if I had to submit to Jews?!" It's plain junky logic to think people with power like to submit to the powerless minority.

Back