Professional Ranges

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
Has anyone here ever regretted paying the $5-8K for one for their home?

I am looking for someone to talk me out of it.

tyvm

I bought a GE Chinese piece of shit and five years in it needs $700 in repairs.

It only costs about $1000 but I am so annoyed with the bother.

I am also a retired chef.

I'm lucky, my oven is 30 years old and still kicking but I have bought a countertop convection oven and I use a grill a lot.

No reason to spend $5K.

I'm lucky, my oven is 30 years old and still kicking but I have bought a countertop convection oven and I use a grill a lot.

No reason to spend $5K.

That modern appliances are so crap is a pet peeve of mine.

A guy who used to sell them lives down the street....he says that over a three year period all of the major brands turned to shit...that being shit was a choice made by them who make em.

That modern appliances are so crap is a pet peeve of mine.

A guy who used to sell them lives down the street....he says that over a three year period all of the major brands turned to shit...that being shit was a choice made by them who make em.

I guess I'm lucky, my stuff has lasted. My house was built in 1967 and I'm pretty sure the range is original equipment. The fridge too.

I guess I'm lucky, my stuff has lasted. My house was built in 1967 and I'm pretty sure the range is original equipment. The fridge too.

My parents had a 1957 Frigidaire Refrigerator that they bought second hand in 1962 that so far as I know lasted till it was sold in 1994 never seeing a serviceman.

The Good Old Days.

My parents had a 1957 Frigidaire Refrigerator that they bought second hand in 1962 that so far as I know lasted till it was sold in 1994 never seeing a serviceman.

The Good Old Days.

Mine too. When my grandmother died in 2007 I had to go inventory some things in the house and the appliances were from the '40's. And they still worked. I kept her blender. I still use it today.

I am a retired chef who almost never leaves the house now, who cooks constantly, and who has plenty of money to spend.... and my current range only five years in should be replaced the experts say...why should I not buy I wolf?

Buy what you want? If you really want something then buy it. It's worth it to you and you'll be happy.

I am researching.

This feels really self indulgent to this raised Midwest lower middle class then conservative boy, who has plenty of money but who is not going to live more than 15 years, but I cant come up with a reason to say no.

I feel like my moms last husband, he who woke up one day and decided to buy a deluxe pick-up truck, because why not....he made the money....and he was going to enjoy his money.

My parents had a GE trash compactor for longer than I can remember. They gave it to me when I bought my home over 30 years ago. I replaced it (because the rivets started rusting and popping) but it still worked good. It saved me hundreds and hundreds of dollars over the years. I did a search and bought the best rated compactor on the market today. It is made far cheaper, thinner "box", the ram doesn't go down as far as the GE, but still works ok for what it is. It cost over $500 more than the GE did years ago and is much cheaply built. So much for technology, huh?

I am researching.

This feels really self indulgent to this raised Midwest lower middle class then conservative boy, who has plenty of money but who is not going to live more than 15 years, but I cant come up with a reason to say no.

I feel like my moms last husband, he who woke up one day and decided to buy a deluxe pick-up truck, because why not....he made the money....and he was going to enjoy his money.

You wouldn't be the first dude to ever spend money on something you really want. My wife isn't really happy with the cash I've spent on my video game systems and my kit cars but we do what we do. You got one life, make sure you enjoy it as much as you can so if you want it buy it.

Back