Professional Ranges

You wouldn't be the first dude to ever spend money on something you really want. My wife isn't really happy with the cash I've spent on my video game systems and my kit cars but we do what we do. You got one life, make sure you enjoy it as much as you can so if you want it buy it.

The end has been an adjustment...I spent a lot of money building an outdoor oasis including a outdoor kitchen and a teak deck koi pond with deluxe waterfall and two nice patio areas that was supposed to be for big parties and family gatherings that almost never now gets enjoyed by anyone other than my wife and I and my two hounds.

I had to decide that we are worth it.

You wouldn't be the first dude to ever spend money on something you really want. My wife isn't really happy with the cash I've spent on my video game systems and my kit cars but we do what we do. You got one life, make sure you enjoy it as much as you can so if you want it buy it.

My GF wasn't happy when I spent the money on my Cobra. I wanted a classic car and I bought it. I enjoy the hell out of it and she now accepts that fact.
I'm not sure she'll like how much I'm gonna spend on rebuilding it. I'm going all out with the best of everything. SCAT rotating assembly. Not sure about the
cam yet, I have to check how strong the valve train (spring pressures, etc.) is and go from there. It looks like it has good strong springs, the valves look
good as do the retainers. A Racer Brown, Lunati or Crower cam are preferences. I'll probably go with a Melling Hi-Volume oil pump and a stronger shaft, too.
She probably won't be happy with me again...

My GF wasn't happy when I spent the money on my Cobra. I wanted a classic car and I bought it. I enjoy the hell out of it and she now accepts that fact.
I'm not sure she'll like how much I'm gonna spend on rebuilding it. I'm going all out with the best of everything. SCAT rotating assembly. Not sure about the
cam yet, I have to check how strong the valve train (spring pressures, etc.) is and go from there. It looks like it has good strong springs, the valves look
good as do the retainers. A Racer Brown, Lunati or Crower cam are preferences. I'll probably go with a Melling Hi-Volume oil pump and a stronger shaft, too.
She probably won't be happy with me again...

You do know that whether or not you break up with that woman depends on how bad ass the car turns out?

You do know that whether or not you break up with that woman depends on how bad ass the car turns out?

It's no doubt it'll turn out bad ass. I will be taking the side pipes to a friend for a new Jet-Hot coating, then when it's all put back together I'm having it ceramic coated (two coats).
I doubt she'll like how much I spend on it, but it won't tear us apart. She'll get over it, just like she did when I bought a $70,000+ Cobra. I"m thinking I'll only be spending
around $15,000 or so for the rebuild. She thinks it'll be around $20,000 so if it's cheaper, she'll be happy...I hope.

It's no doubt it'll turn out bad ass. I will be taking the side pipes to a friend for a new Jet-Hot coating, then when it's all put back together I'm having it ceramic coated (two coats).
I doubt she'll like how much I spend on it, but it won't tear us apart. She'll get over it, just like she did when I bought a $70,000+ Cobra. I"m thinking I'll only be spending
around $15,000 or so for the rebuild. She thinks it'll be around $20,000 so if it's cheaper, she'll be happy...I hope.

Understanding your woman is critically important but here the thing...I have seen you claim that women are unknowable.

What gives?

Wolf is made in Madison where as almost all ranges, even expensive ones, are made in China.

Seems like this matters especially since I grew up with-in about an hour from there by car.

how old are you, little feller? still playing video games? no wonder you are a trump stooge!!

Wolf is back ordered of course.....Pretty much everything re our homes during this pandemic are in short supply. Mostly because the Chinese and the ports are having trouble with the volumes demanded by Americans with plenty of money to spend mostly stuck at home.

Now even Wolf...an expensive American product..... is hard to get.

Back