Promo Code

I see. Maybe more hard to find back in '02?

Probably. There is a lot more repro parts now than there was 10 or 20 years ago, and new stuff is being repro'd every day. Internet sales allow small shops to sell world-wide.

Back when I built my '64 (4-6 years ago) the local "you pull it" salvage yard had a dedicated area for classics. It wasn't big, basically 1/4 acre or so with about 50 cars. There were two '64s that I could get parts from. A year ago I went back on another project, the yard had been sold to a new owner and he had crushed them all.

Probably. There is a lot more repro parts now than there was 10 or 20 years ago, and new stuff is being repro'd every day. Internet sales allow small shops to sell world-wide.

Back when I built my '64 (4-6 years ago) the local "you pull it" salvage yard had a dedicated area for classics. It wasn't big, basically 1/4 acre or so with about 50 cars. There were two '64s that I could get parts from. A year ago I went back on another project, the yard had been sold to a new owner and he had crushed them all.

Yes, the internet has been helpful to both buyers and manufacturers for repo parts.

There's a big junkyard not too far from me. It's been there for as long as I can remember. I've known for years and shoot pool with one of the brothers who own it (they inherited it) and back when I needed parts, I generally got a good deal. I doub't they'd have parts for my Cobra though.

Sat. is looking pretty good, temps in the mid 60's. I might go for a ride in the afternoon.

Yes, the internet has been helpful to both buyers and manufacturers for repo parts.

There's a big junkyard not too far from me. It's been there for as long as I can remember. I've known for years and shoot pool with one of the brothers who own it (they inherited it) and back when I needed parts, I generally got a good deal. I doub't they'd have parts for my Cobra though.

Sat. is looking pretty good, temps in the mid 60's. I might go for a ride in the afternoon.

I just drove mine yesterday evening for the first time in about 2 months; my first with the new driveshaft. The car is a lot smoother, and the terrible vibration at 65 is gone. I do get some at 70, and it goes away at 80. I balanced the tires last fall. This one is stumping me.

I have rough plans to put a harmonic damper on the transmission tail shaft, directly under the U-joint. Ford did this a lot and so I think it should help. Next would be a second one at the front of the differential.

I just drove mine yesterday evening for the first time in about 2 months; my first with the new driveshaft. The car is a lot smoother, and the terrible vibration at 65 is gone. I do get some at 70, and it goes away at 80. I balanced the tires last fall. This one is stumping me.

I have rough plans to put a harmonic damper on the transmission tail shaft, directly under the U-joint. Ford did this a lot and so I think it should help. Next would be a second one at the front of the differential.

The previous owner had a slight vibration between 60 and 70. He said he tried everything, balanced the tires, even had them balanced on the car to no avail. The tires had like new tread but were old so I put new tires all the way around it and the vibration was gone. I greased the heck out of all the front and rear zerks too and now it's smooth as can be. The tire guy said that sometimes they get a tire that will balance but was molded slightly out of balance and can cause a vibration. Hope you can find the problem.

I had mine in the garage all winter, took it out 2 weeks ago for a short run. I forgot just how much power it had, I jumped on it in second and it broke loose shifting into 3rd.
It's raining today but supposed to clear up, hopefully it will dry the roads for tomorrow. If it's wet, the car stays in the garage for another day.

The previous owner had a slight vibration between 60 and 70. He said he tried everything, balanced the tires, even had them balanced on the car to no avail. The tires had like new tread but were old so I put new tires all the way around it and the vibration was gone. I greased the heck out of all the front and rear zerks too and now it's smooth as can be. The tire guy said that sometimes they get a tire that will balance but was molded slightly out of balance and can cause a vibration. Hope you can find the problem.

I had mine in the garage all winter, took it out 2 weeks ago for a short run. I forgot just how much power it had, I jumped on it in second and it broke loose shifting into 3rd.
It's raining today but supposed to clear up, hopefully it will dry the roads for tomorrow. If it's wet, the car stays in the garage for another day.

I bought these tires on a budget, since I spent too much on the wheels. True wire wheels with stainless wires. Cheap Asian tires I suppose.

1.jpg

I bought these tires on a budget, since I spent too much on the wheels. True wire wheels with stainless wires. Cheap Asian tires I suppose.

View attachment 9215

It had BF Goodrich on it when I bought it. I put Cooper Cobra tires on it and it rides smoother and handles very well. I have Halibrand wheels with true knock-offs.

Those wire wheels are sharp. I had wire basket wheels on a '67 Mustang years ago, it looked pretty good.

It had BF Goodrich on it when I bought it. I put Cooper Cobra tires on it and it rides smoother and handles very well. I have Halibrand wheels with true knock-offs.

Those wire wheels are sharp. I had wire basket wheels on a '67 Mustang years ago, it looked pretty good.

Some day I'm going to have a long conversation with my local tire guy on changing these out. They love seeing my car come in.

Back