PROOF: Judeo-Christian Bible Inspired of God

Ten years and you are this bad at prosecuting your position? You might want to retire.
Concart:

Debating the same topic does not equate to prosecuting a position.

You claimed earlier that I wasn't aware that the ancient Greeks deduced that earth is spherical. Your aim was to act like you know more than me. I then informed you that I've debated this topic many times over the last 10 years and the atheists come up with the same reply: the Greeks correctly stated earth is spherical. The point being, you're giving me old news.

What the atheists can't overcome is the fact that Isaiah and Job's writings, in which they described earth--when viewed from above--was right on point. Those writings prove the Bible was inspired by God because not only was it written centuries before the Greeks came into the picture, but it was written at a time in history when other peoples thought the earth was either flat or was hollow or was a square. Even more compelling is the fact Isaiah's and Job's description of how earth appears (when view from above) was confirmed by 20th century astronauts.

You can't overcome that.

Concart:

You claimed earlier that I wasn't aware that the ancient Greeks deduced that earth is spherical. Your aim was to act like you know more than me. I then informed you that I've debated this topic many times over the last 10 years and the atheists come up with the same reply: the Greeks correctly stated earth is spherical. The point being, you're giving me old news.

What the atheists can't overcome is the fact that Isaiah and Job's writings, in which they described earth--when viewed from above--was right on point. Those writings prove the Bible was inspired by God because not only was it written centuries before the Greeks came into the picture, but it was written at a time in history when other peoples thought the earth was either flat or was hollow or was a square. Even more compelling is the fact Isaiah's and Job's description of earth appears when view from above was confirmed by 20th century astronauts.

You can't overcome that.
Who cares what the Bible says.

Concart:

What the atheists can't overcome is the fact that Isaiah and Job's writings, in which they described earth--when viewed from above--was right on point. Those writings prove the Bible was inspired by God because not only was it written centuries before the Greeks came into the picture, but it was written at a time in history when other peoples thought the earth was either flat or was hollow or was a square. Even more compelling is the fact Isaiah's and Job's description of how earth appears (when view from above) was confirmed by 20th century astronauts.

You can't overcome that.
The New Testament was written centuries before the Greeks came into the picture? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The New Testament was written centuries before the Greeks came into the picture? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Poor Richard Saunders:

Yes. And I don't know why you're laughing because the joke is on you.

When Isaiah and Job wrote the accurate viewpoint descriptions of earth, the Greeks--and no other peoples of the time--did not know that earth looks like a circle when viewed from above and that it appears to hang upon nothing when viewed from above.

The book of Isaiah was completed in 732 B.C.E. The book of Job was completed in 1473 B.C.E.

The Greeks with their speculation of a spherical earth were late. Very late. Greek philosopher Aristotle didn't show up until the 4th century B.C.E. -- more than 300 years after Isaiah wrote that the earth is circular ((Isaiah 40:22) and more than 900 years after Job wrote that earth appears to hang upon nothing (Job 26:7). Below is confirmation of the Greeks' late arrival.

"Throughout history, the shape of the Earth has been debated by scientists and philosophers. By 500 B.C. most scholars thought the Earth was completely spherical. The Greek philosopher Aristotle (384-322 B.C.) is credited as the first person to try and calculate the size of the Earth by determining its circumference (the length around the equator) He estimated this distance to be 400,000 stades (a stadia is a Greek measurement equaling about 600 feet). With one mile equal to 5,280 feet, Aristotle calculated the distance around the Earth to be about 45,500 miles.

Around 250 B.C., another Greek philosopher, Eratosthenes, measured the circumference of the Earth using the following equation:"

Concart:

You can't overcome that.
Now you’re confusing me with another poster. And yes you are prosecuting your position. Poorly I might add.

Concart:

You can't overcome that.
How is that proof of anything? Answer, it isn’t. You clearly don’t understand what proof is. If Gid told his followers the earth was round (which you have yet to prov), why exactly would he tell the author ONLY ONE FACT. Why not give him Einsteins theory of relativity. Or a diagram of the atom? Or a complete map of the solar system? Or a million other things not otherwise Known at the time. by the author. Why not print the Ten Commandments on ia piece of paper with ‘God and Sons’ in the letterhead. Your position necessitates that Gid revealed one thing and one thing only. That’s laughable.

You take something that could be interpreted a dozen different ways and make a silly claim thatYOUR interpretation is correct (a complete logical fallacy) and that it could ONLY mean that Gid wrote the scripture. You would have failed a logic class spectacularly. Of course you are simply parroting someone else’s argument because you lack the skills to make your own. It is what it is. Try again.

Ten years and you are this bad at prosecuting your position? You might want to retire.
Concart, it is obvious Alter2Ego has decided that her belief that there is a god...and her beliefs about the many attributes of this god...

...are absolutely correct.

She makes no sense...and arguing against her makes even less.

Some people have earned the right to be dismissed as delusional. Alter2Ego has done that convincingly.

But good luck if you decide to continue engaging her...even if just to enjoy watching her make a fool of herself.

(Not really sure it is a "her.")

You are dreaming, Cypress, if you think anything you're telling me comes as a surprise. I've debated this topic for over a decade, and the atheists always come up with "the ancient Greeks knew it was a sphere." I reminded them that Isaiah's description of the earth appearing like a circle is accurate and that it was centuries before the Greeks. I also reminded them each time (because they have the same short attention span that you're demonstrating) that Isaiah was giving a viewpoint description of how earth appears to someone who is above the earth.

"There is One who is dwelling above the CIRCLE of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gaze, who spread them out like a tent in which to dwell," (Isaiah 40:22)

Astronauts confirmed Isaiah's viewpoint description of earth looking like a circle when viewed from above. Below is what astronaut Charlie Duke, an atheist at the time of his viewing, said.

EYE WITNESS, ASTRONAUT CHARLIE DUKE:
"In Isaiah, the 40th chapter, God says, it says, "God sits enthroned above the circle of the earth." Of course, we didn't see God, but we did see the CIRCLE of the earth."

https://hope1032.com.au/stories/fai...oon-hope-breakfast-interview-with-aaron-erin/

Job, by inspiration of Jehovah wrote:

"He [Jehovah God] is stretching out the north over the empty place, HANGING THE EARTH UPON NOTHING;" (Job 26:7)

Well, guess what? Charlie Duke also confirmed what Job wrote about earth appearing to hang upon nothing. In the same interview, for which I provided the weblink above, Charlie Duke said the following about Job 26:7.

"in the book of Job it says, ‘When God made the earth, He suspended it upon nothing.’ And that’s exactly how it looks… just hung in the blackness of space."

QUESTION TO CYPRESS: How could Isaiah and Job have known any of this?
^This guy’s tactic to debate atheists is to place them on ignore when they kick his ass.

How is that proof of anything? Answer, it isn’t. You clearly don’t understand what proof is. If Gid told his followers the earth was round (which you have yet to prov), why exactly would he tell the author ONLY ONE FACT. Why not give him Einsteins theory of relativity. Or a diagram of the atom? Or a complete map of the solar system? Or a million other things not otherwise Known at the time. by the author. Why not print the Ten Commandments on ia piece of paper with ‘God and Sons’ in the letterhead. Your position necessitates that Gid revealed one thing and one thing only. That’s laughable.

You take something that could be interpreted a dozen different ways and make a silly claim thatYOUR interpretation is correct (a complete logical fallacy) and that it could ONLY mean that Gid wrote the scripture. You would have failed a logic class spectacularly. Of course you are simply parroting someone else’s argument because you lack the skills to make your own. It is what it is. Try again.
Another question to ask is why his god wishes to remain so hidden. If he wants to interact with his creation and be a personal god, the most obvious thing that god would do is reveal himself. Yet, he doesn’t. Except in those ancient myths.

Poor Richard Saunders:

When Isaiah and Job wrote the accurate viewpoint descriptions of earth, the Greeks--and no other peoples of the time--did not know that earth looks like a circle when viewed from above and that it appears to hang upon nothing when viewed from above.

The book of Isaiah was completed in 732 B.C.E. The book of Job was completed in 1473 B.C.E.

The Greeks with their speculation of a spherical earth were late. Very late. Greek philosopher Aristotle didn't show up until the 4th century B.C.E. -- more than 300 years after Isaiah wrote that the earth is circular ((Isaiah 40:22) and more than 900 years after Job wrote that earth appears to hang upon nothing (Job 26:7). Below is confirmation of the Greeks' late arrival.

"Throughout history, the shape of the Earth has been debated by scientists and philosophers. By 500 B.C. most scholars thought the Earth was completely spherical. The Greek philosopher Aristotle (384-322 B.C.) is credited as the first person to try and calculate the size of the Earth by determining its circumference (the length around the equator) He estimated this distance to be 400,000 stades (a stadia is a Greek measurement equaling about 600 feet). With one mile equal to 5,280 feet, Aristotle calculated the distance around the Earth to be about 45,500 miles.

Around 250 B.C., another Greek philosopher, Eratosthenes, measured the circumference of the Earth using the following equation:"
The Book of Job was written between the 3rd and 7th century BCE. He can’t even come close on his century.

Poor Richard Saunders:

Where does the book of Job claim the earth is round? Where does the book of Job claim the earth hangs upon nothing.
Feel free to include the Hebrew translations so we can confirm you are using the correct ones.

Your attempt to simply redefine words to mean what you want doesn't make it true.

Concart:

Since you claim I mistook you for another poster, why are you posting all this tripe?

Where does the book of Job claim the earth is round? Where does the book of Job claim the earth hangs upon nothing.
Feel free to include the Hebrew translations so we can confirm you are using the correct ones.

Your attempt to simply redefine words to mean what you want doesn't make it true.
Poor Richard Saunders:

Read my OP a few more times, and then perhaps you will see what you're asking me to repeat.

If they cannot quote it in the original Hebrew its bullshit

Another question to ask is why his god wishes to remain so hidden. If he wants to interact with his creation and be a personal god, the most obvious thing that god would do is reveal himself. Yet, he doesn’t. Except in those ancient myths.
Exactly. Why didn't he give Moses the Ten Commandments on a thumb drive? Or come down and hand them to Moses in person. But that would prove the existence of God. But instead he hides. He does not reveal himself, except, apparently, by telling someone the world was round. It's just so laughably simple minded that you have to be amazed that anyone could believe it.

Belief in God is completely unnecessary for our understanding of the universe. We know almost NOTHING of what can be known. We lack the imagination, the skill and the technology to discover it. Mankind has existed for a cosmic blink of an eye.

Imagine that we did not know anything about the game of basketball, but we are given an opportunity to watch the game and determine how it works. However, we can 'see' only a small sliver of one rim one backboard. On occasion, we see that small piece of the rim move, or disappear for a moment. We DON'T see the players, the court, the backboard, the ball. We do not understand the game at all. As we get more knowledge and better equipment, we start to see a little more, and then a little more, and we can start making hypotheses about what's happening. We collect more data, we see more of the game. Religion says 'God is doing all of that'. Of course, that's completely wrong. We live our lives seeing the smallest sliver of the physical world than we can even comprehend, but instead of trying to learn, religion says 'don't bother, God did it, and he will favor you if you follow the rules in this book'.

How does anyone, anywhere, EVER fall for that horse manure?
Concart:

Since you claim I mistook you for another poster, why are you posting all this tripe?
You did. I am responding to another poster. Because it's a message board. I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat that before you figure it out. It is not tripe. It is a logical analogy for our view of the universe. In your own words, feel free to rebut.

Last edited:
Back