Proof that Cops are universally bad human beings

Yeah, I'm away for an hour. I was busy slaughtering infants you fudd.

What should happen? I already told you. 100 years in prison, all benefits revoked, whole department replaced for ang and abetting, etc. Also demilitarize police as a whole. Attach SWAT to national guard. And go back to Crown Vics (purely self interest in the last one).

I don't know how much training you need to not murder someone. I mean I never got that in the military or my current job and hey, haven't murdered a single person. Maybe I'm just gifted though. How many people have you murdered? Or did you get the 4 hour lecture on not murdering people?

Your statement is kind of ignorant.

You went off topic when I asked what should happen to them and stated that the cops should receive a harsh sentence for reasons that were off topic. I would like to ask who would ensure these people received these harsh sentences since it is all cops that receive this sentence.

Then you go on to state that all cops are murderers...........I mean.......this is basic ignorance of America and a trash post.

neither. cops get extensive training now as it is. what we need is accountability. none of this 'good faith exception' crap or using the 'split second decision' excuse. if they are trained, then split second decisions should be better taken, not given more leeway on mistakes. If a cop makes a mistake on the job, he should be held accountable for it.

I thanked you because for once you stood up for common sense and didn't just ramble off "all cops are stupid" like you generally do. But I also thank me because it was my question that made you admit cops are extensively trained, even though you have criticized their training a million times in the past........

Hook, line....and Sinker.

I don't argue that the government IS the problem. A lot of people here do, but I realize all too well that the people are a bunch of retarded proles who can barely tie their own shoes. I don't know how you get from they believe they have no voice to they watch Fox News, but, then, you aren't known around here for your honestly.

In answer to the question, the baseball player should get paid more.

I'm not sure that was a complete sentence. It was rather incoherent.

But I love that you think a Baseball Player should get paid more than a police officer. It's not easy to admit you are superficial.

I'm not sure that was a complete sentence. It was rather incoherent.

But I love that you think a Baseball Player should get paid more than a police officer. It's not easy to admit you are superficial.

No, I just re-read my quote, and it appears I have more than one sentence there. Feel free to re-read it yourself. Perhaps I used one too many multisyllabic words in there, or something.

The baseball player makes what the market will bear. This applies to all sports, of course. For example, right now the Phoenix market will not bear the cost of paying a team of hockey players to compete in their fair city, so the team might be moving up here to my city, instead. Meanwhile, there is not a market on Earth which can pay a police officer multi-million dollar contracts, although the Chicago market may apprentice some to mobsters and party bosses for some of that money...

I thanked you because for once you stood up for common sense and didn't just ramble off "all cops are stupid" like you generally do. But I also thank me because it was my question that made you admit cops are extensively trained, even though you have criticized their training a million times in the past........

Hook, line....and Sinker.

you are sorely mistaken. I have never criticized law enforcement training. I HAVE criticized those morons who think that their training elevates them above most others, specifically firearms training. I go to the range at least once a month, if not more, whereas most patrol officers hit a qualification range once or twice a year. Somehow that relates to extensive firearms training for cops, but i'm considered a novice in firearms and shooting comparatively. THAT is the criticism I deliver to the proles that look at law enforcement training the way that they do.

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/...olice_become_a_military_force_on_the_streets/

Are cops constitutional?

In a 2001 article for the Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal, the legal scholar and civil liberties activist Roger Roots posed just that question. Roots, a fairly radical libertarian, believes that the U.S. Constitution doesn’t allow for police as they exist today. At the very least, he argues, police departments, powers and practices today violate the document’s spirit and intent. “Under the criminal justice model known to the framers, professional police officers were unknown,” Roots writes.

The founders and their contemporaries would probably have seen even the early-19th-century police forces as a standing army, and a particularly odious one at that. Just before the American Revolution, it wasn’t the stationing of British troops in the colonies that irked patriots in Boston and Virginia; it was England’s decision to use the troops for everyday law enforcement. This wariness of standing armies was born of experience and a study of history—early American statesmen like Madison, Washington and Adams were well-versed in the history of such armies in Europe, especially in ancient Rome.

If even the earliest attempts at centralized police forces would have alarmed the founders, today’s policing would have terrified them. Today in America SWAT teams violently smash into private homes more than 100 times per day. The vast majority of these raids are to enforce laws against consensual crimes. In many cities, police departments have given up the traditional blue uniforms for “battle dress uniforms” modeled after soldier attire.

Police departments across the country now sport armored personnel carriers designed for use on a battlefield. Some have helicopters, tanks and Humvees. They carry military-grade weapons. Most of this equipment comes from the military itself. Many SWAT teams today are trained by current and former personnel from special forces units like the Navy SEALs or Army Rangers. National Guard helicopters now routinely swoop through rural areas in search of pot plants and, when they find something, send gun-toting troops dressed for battle rappelling down to chop and confiscate the contraband. But it isn’t just drugs. Aggressive, SWAT-style tactics are now used to raid neighborhood poker games, doctors’ offices, bars and restaurants, and head shops—despite the fact that the targets of these raids pose little threat to anyone. This sort of force was once reserved as the last option to defuse a dangerous situation. It’s increasingly used as the first option to apprehend people who aren’t dangerous at all.

A BATTLE OVER ARMIES

After the American Revolution, the leaders of the new American republic had some difficult decisions to make. They debated whether the abuses that British soldiers had visited upon colonial America were attributable to quartering alone or to the general aura of militarism that came with maintaining standing armies in peacetime—and whether restricting, prohibiting or providing checks on either practice would prevent the abuses they feared.

Antifederalists like George Mason, Patrick Henry, Sam Adams and Elbridge Gerry opposed any sort of national army. They believed that voluntary, civilian militias should handle issues of national security. To a degree, the federalists were sympathetic to this idea. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison had all written on the threat to liberty posed by a permanent army. But the federalists still believed that the federal government needed the power to raise an army.

In the end, the federalists won the argument. There would be a standing army. But protection from its potential threats would come in an amendment contained in the Bill of Rights that created an individual right against quartering in peacetime. Even during wartime, quartering would need to be approved by the legislature, the branch more answerable to the people than the executive.

Taken together, the Second, Third and Tenth amendments indicate the founders’ desire for the power to enforce laws and maintain order to be primarily left with the states. As a whole, the Constitution embodies the rough consensus at the time that there would be occasions when federal force might be necessary to carry out federal law and dispel violence or disorder that threatened the stability of the republic, but that such endeavors were to be undertaken cautiously, and only as a last resort.

More important, the often volatile debate between the federalists and the antifederalists shows that the Third Amendment itself represented much more than the sum of its words. The amendment was in some ways a compromise, but it reflects the broader sentiment—shared by both sides—about militarism in a free society. Ultimately, the founders decided that a standing army was a necessary evil, but that the role of soldiers would be only to dispel foreign threats, not to enforce laws against American citizens.

He says he can get away with it, so technically, it would be self defense or an accident.

No, here it would most likely be Grind just got lost and no one ever saw him again. Probably got tired of MA and decided Canada would be a good option, we'll call Windsor and ask if they hear anything.

Back