Proposal for a new rule

Why? Because we would have to base the choices on a single group, not on what offends everyone. Or we could have everyone pick a few words and the selection of words would become a bigger battle.

Why is it important that we not offend Darla, but its ok to offend me? Why is it not ok to offend you but perfectly fine to offend USC?

Darla is offended by the word "cunt". Is USC offended that Top keeps calling him ged? Or continually states that he is under-educated? Perhaps he is simply not complaining?

I have seen numerous men here called "faggot", "gay", and "queer". Isn't that the ultimate slander to a guy's manhood? But that is accepted.

I saw several members that were here when I first arrived called everything but a child of god, because they were conservative and held different political beliefs. And yet that is standard procedure here.

I still maintain that this place is way to hostile. But if we allow that, then trying to ban a handful of words is ridiculous.

Since I have been here I have seen quite a few new people join. But they rarely post. And most only do so a few times before slipping away. You think there might be a reason for that?

I have heard ya'll talk about numerous "old" posters that don't come here anymore. So as some leave you need new blood to come in.

Newbies can be frightened off by the hostility.

Hmm alright.

Why is it important that we not offend Darla, but its ok to offend me? Why is it not ok to offend you but perfectly fine to offend USC?

Sol, there's no word that I can say to you that is a offensive as "cunt" is to a woman, or "nigger" is to an African American.

Sol, there's no word that I can say to you that is a offensive as "cunt" is to a woman, or "nigger" is to an African American.

And how is it that you know this? I know several blacks that think the word "nigger" has no power over them and ignore it. I was raised in a household that did not allow the "N' word to be used. I can see that BAC could be offended by being called one. But I could also see him ignoring it because the word does not apply to him. I know women for whom "cunt" is just another profanity.

And how do you know what offends people? Did USC have difficulties in school? Was he picked on for being dyslexic or for another learning disability? If so, demeaning his intellect could very well be far more hurtful to him personally than any words we say to any woman of black.

We do not know these people. We do not know what hurt these words cause. For you to arbitrarily decide that one group is more offended than another is simply wrong.

And another thing, if someone is going to be offended by being called a name, shouldn't THEY refrain from namecalling? Or isn't that being just a bit hypocritical?

You know, the truth be told I am offended that you have arbitrarily decided who is more offended.

I find it offensive that you think we should tread lightly around certain words for women or blacks, but for other ethnic groups and men there is to be no such gentleness or care.

In other words, you say fuck the rest of us, but be nice to women & blacks?

Ok, WM if yo are going to post and then delete it, I will delete my response to it.

Last edited:
You know, the truth be told I am offended that you have arbitrarily decided who is more offended.

I find it offensive that you think we should tread lightly around certain words for women or blacks, but for other ethnic groups and men there is to be no such gentleness or care.

In other words, you say fuck the rest of us, but be nice to women & blacks?
Fuck you, cunt.

Ok, WM if yo are going to post and then delete it, I will delete my response to it.
lmao! Fuck Watermark as well - he is a major cunt faggot bitch!

That is "Potato-eating" not "f'ing"... Get your stereotyping insults straight.
Amen my Gaelic drinking brother! :clink:

Back