Protesting Gas Prices

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel5
  • Start date Start date
We have to pay for this war sometime, or do you think it is free ?

Or like you uesed to say that the oil would pay for it...

I just think putting the cost of the war on oil is very appropriate, and higher prices would help to end the war and promote alternative energy development.

Lol....!

I would seriously doubt if BB ever voted for a D.

You are correct Damo...damn, I can remember way back when I was just in Grammer school...my parents supported Stevenson over Eisenhower...being the rebel that I was I wore a 'Ike' button...and I paid the price...double duty in household chores...:tongout:

We have to pay for this war sometime, or do you think it is free ?

Or like you uesed to say that the oil would pay for it...

I just think putting the cost of the war on oil is very appropriate, and higher prices would help to end the war and promote alternative energy development.

Everyday, libs get up and when they pull into a gas station they think where the hell is all that oil at?

The war WAS for oil - so where is it?

Are the baby killing troops keeping it in their tents?

Only in the "mind" of a lib...........

Those serious about getting rid of fossil fuels believe that rising prices will cause Americans to choose other forms of energy. In the 80s Gore's book suggested raising the taxes until such an action took place.

Lmao....

Everyday, libs get up and when they pull into a gas station they think where the hell is all that oil at?

The war WAS for oil - so where is it?

Are the baby killing troops keeping it in their tents?

Only in the "mind" of a lib...........

Yah...and during the VN era...I kept bundles of rice and shrimp in my tent...Not!..But hey this does not exempt the Oil companies from their definite gouging of Middle America...damn I love being a 'Conservative Independent'...I can be honest and hit both sides of the aisle!;)

Yah...and during the VN era...I kept bundles of rice and shrimp in my tent...Not!..But hey this does not exempt the Oil companies from their definite gouging of Middle America...damn I love being a 'Conservative Independent'...I can be honest and hit both sides of the aisle!;)

Oil companies are NOT gouging

Now if you call ten cents profit on a gallon of gas goughing - then what do call the 50 to 60 cents in taxes the government makes

and there are some states where Dems want to RAISE the gas tax

Ahhh Yes...

Those serious about getting rid of fossil fuels believe that rising prices will cause Americans to choose other forms of energy. In the 80s Gore's book suggested raising the taxes until such an action took place.

Al Gore...the wonderful VN vet...who wanted a 'Purple Heart' for getting a paper cut for his effort in Nam...writing articles for 'Army Times'...thanks to Daddy! Not to mention 'Inventing the Internet'...lol

Meanwhile one of his FOUR MANSIONS comsumes 20 times the energy of an average Americans home

and the monthly gas bill is over $1000/month

and his many trips of private jets

Yes, Al the hypocrite strikes again

Get real...Dude...

Oil companies are NOT gouging

Now if you call ten cents profit on a gallon of gas goughing - then what do call the 50 to 60 cents in taxes the government makes

and there are some states where Dems want to RAISE the gas tax

Oil companies are getting .10cents profit per gallon...Not...Try .30 to .50 cents per gallon...and hey I think taxing at the rate present... is gouging also...love being a 'Conservative Independent'...Y'all are frauds!...imho!

I am a real person who lived during..."Happy days'...y'all can snow the 'New Kids" but not this old fart!...save it for your portfolio..okay?

Nice to see you are so open minded

So let’s look at some oil company profit margins:

Exxon Mobile: 11.65%
Chevron: 9.49%
BP: 8.09%
Total SA: 8.87%
So let’s see here. For BP, one of the “worst offenders” according to the democrats, actually makes 8.09 cents on every dollar they make. Exxon, the highest on the list, makes only 11.65 cents on the dollar. So where’s the great evil conspiracy for the oil companies to make money off the consumer? Maybe if expenses stayed the same and the companies started to make a 50% profit margin, we could start asking questions. But that’s not the case, is it? In fact, the only reason the oil companies make billions in profit is because they make billions in sales. They make their money on volume, not on high profit margins. So why do the dems keep claiming that the companies are making too much in profit? Why don’t the go after some of the companies that DO make a great deal of money off of profits? Look at a couple of companies that are very representative of industries with high profit margins:

Diana Shipping (dry bulk): 54.28%
US Bank (banking): 36.26%
So, by the rules set forth by the democrats, they should be going after shipping and banking companies for price gouging and making too much profit… But they don’t. It’s not as if high shipping prices or banking issues don’t affect prices for goods. Instead they chose to go after the oil companies because it makes them feel good and PC to do it since oil companies are supposedly evil corporations that are destroying the planet and gouging the consumers.

http://arclightzero.wordpress.com/2007/05/07/debunking-oil-profits-and-gas-station-boycott-myths/

Oil Companies, Profits, and the Courts

Some Americans are skeptical on this point, I know. So I direct them to last year's Supreme Court decision. The court ruled unanimously that oil companies have not been colluding to set prices.

Oil prices are high today because the economies of huge nations like China and India are developing rapidly. More oil is being demanded in the world market and there are few new sources of supply.

Hurricane Katrina destroyed a lot of oil processing capacity around the Gulf of Mexico too, so there has been less oil being processed. When less oil is supplied, gasoline prices rise.

What does the average oil company make today on the sale of a gallon of gas? Ten cents.

The federal tax on gasoline, on the other hand, is nearly twice that. Then there's state gasoline taxes. (If you live in New York, for example, you're paying 68 cents a gallon in taxes.)

If Exxon is gouging us at ten cents a gallon, what exactly is the federal government doing to us at 18.4 cents a gallon?

http://www.investmentu.com/IUEL/2007/20070323.html

Sorry Dude...

Nice to see you are so open minded

So let’s look at some oil company profit margins:

Exxon Mobile: 11.65%
Chevron: 9.49%
BP: 8.09%
Total SA: 8.87%
So let’s see here. For BP, one of the “worst offenders” according to the democrats, actually makes 8.09 cents on every dollar they make. Exxon, the highest on the list, makes only 11.65 cents on the dollar. So where’s the great evil conspiracy for the oil companies to make money off the consumer? Maybe if expenses stayed the same and the companies started to make a 50% profit margin, we could start asking questions. But that’s not the case, is it? In fact, the only reason the oil companies make billions in profit is because they make billions in sales. They make their money on volume, not on high profit margins. So why do the dems keep claiming that the companies are making too much in profit? Why don’t the go after some of the companies that DO make a great deal of money off of profits? Look at a couple of companies that are very representative of industries with high profit margins:

Diana Shipping (dry bulk): 54.28%
US Bank (banking): 36.26%
So, by the rules set forth by the democrats, they should be going after shipping and banking companies for price gouging and making too much profit… But they don’t. It’s not as if high shipping prices or banking issues don’t affect prices for goods. Instead they chose to go after the oil companies because it makes them feel good and PC to do it since oil companies are supposedly evil corporations that are destroying the planet and gouging the consumers.

http://arclightzero.wordpress.com/2007/05/07/debunking-oil-profits-and-gas-station-boycott-myths/

Not buying into this diatribe...remember I lived during 'Happy days' gas wars anyone...?? lol...and as if 'World Banking' is not tied into the Oil Companies...eh':tongout:

Uh HUh!

Oil Companies, Profits, and the Courts

Some Americans are skeptical on this point, I know. So I direct them to last year's Supreme Court decision. The court ruled unanimously that oil companies have not been colluding to set prices.

Oil prices are high today because the economies of huge nations like China and India are developing rapidly. More oil is being demanded in the world market and there are few new sources of supply.

Hurricane Katrina destroyed a lot of oil processing capacity around the Gulf of Mexico too, so there has been less oil being processed. When less oil is supplied, gasoline prices rise.

What does the average oil company make today on the sale of a gallon of gas? Ten cents.

The federal tax on gasoline, on the other hand, is nearly twice that. Then there's state gasoline taxes. (If you live in New York, for example, you're paying 68 cents a gallon in taxes.)

If Exxon is gouging us at ten cents a gallon, what exactly is the federal government doing to us at 18.4 cents a gallon?

http://www.investmentu.com/IUEL/2007/20070323.html

and who makes sure that the 'Supreme Court' Justices are appointed giving preference to the oil companies...et al...both parties are guilty of this...save it for your portfolio once again...not buying this diatribe...lol

Back