question for thoes who hate bush

dose this not count or somthing, or just ignoring it ?

No. Doesnt' say Iraq is THE biggest threat.

Everyone know's iraq was A threat. Don't be obtuse.

We're done here. I'm leaving to talk to the adults.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

this one always gets me too

im sorry it says greatest threat, not biggest threat.... is that any better

you always say shit like this when you know your wrong.

alright, ill go too lunch and see if you have anything too add to this

Bob that was 2003, not the 90's. No one disuptes that kerry was sucked into the WMD hysteria and wussed out. At least I don't think they do, but they might not state it like that.

Bob that was 2003, not the 90's. No one disuptes that kerry was sucked into the WMD hysteria and wussed out. At least I don't think they do, but they might not state it like that.

Bingo.

I'm through playing musical chairs here. Bob makes one assertion about the 1990s, and then changes his tune

A lot of people were sucked into bush's cherry-picked hysteria about iraq in 2002. That wasn't what Bob originally asserted.

so why dont you admit your wrong, or are you just going to run away from the thread ?

In the first place he is not wrong bob, you are!

"Iraq is a long way from Ohio, but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

Madeleine Albright, President Clinton's Secretary of State

You are misinterpreting what Albright is saying here. She is not even saying that Iraq is "the greatest threat." She is saying what happens in Iraq is important because "the greatest threat" is a particular kind of situation. But she does not say that Iraq actually presents this kind of situation. Only that we should be aware that Iraq could represent this type of situation and pay attention to what is happening there.

It is similar to me telling you to get your brakes checked regularly. Cars with brake failure represent the greatest accident risk to their drivers. First there is an understood "because" in this formulation. Second, I am not saying that your particular car represents the threat of an accident but that it could. It is clear that Albright is generalising in her statement because she says "risks that the leaders of a rogue state" just as I said "cars with brake failure". What I am showing here is that the argument isn't really about semantics, that is, between "biggest" and "greatest" but about Iraq and the claims that Albright is actually making in her statement. My reading is the correct reading of her words.

So your claim here is really meaningless in the face of what I have shown:

im sorry it says greatest threat, not biggest threat.... is that any better

You are wrong, you have failed to supply a quotation that represents the claim you made in your original post. Therefore, victory is ours! Enjoy your lunch.

Last edited:
I think, Bob, that you are confusing Monica Lewinsky with Saddam Hussen as the greatest threat of the 90's!

"Iraq is a long way from Ohio, but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

Town Hall Meeting on Iraq at Ohio State University
February 18, 1998
http://www.fas.org/news/iraq/1998/02...22006_tpo.html

this one was in '98

Town Hall Meeting on Iraq at Ohio State University
February 18, 1998
http://www.fas.org/news/iraq/1998/02...22006_tpo.html

this one was in '98

dose it not say that iraq is the greatest threat we face ?

I think, Bob, that you are confusing Monica Lewinsky with Saddam Hussen as the greatest threat of the 90's!

you want to bring monica into this... fine

if it wernt for the lewinski scandal, i dont think clintion would have as much political worries, and i think he would have had a clearer decission on dealing with OBL, it might have been alot easier for him to make a decission to kill OBL or take him out in some way, if he didnt have the whole lewinski scandal

you want to bring monica into this... fine

if it wernt for the lewinski scandal, i dont think clintion would have as much political worries, and i think he would have had a clearer decission on dealing with OBL, it might have been alot easier for him to make a decission to kill OBL or take him out in some way, if he didnt have the whole lewinski scandal

True, and who made the Lewinski scandal a scandal... The REBUTLICANS! MANY MANY past presidents have had affairs, never once before were they asked about them...

True, and who made the Lewinski scandal a scandal... The REBUTLICANS! MANY MANY past presidents have had affairs, never once before were they asked about them...

i dissagree, bill tried to denie it/hide it, if he came out and admited it, i feel thing would have been alot better for him, and ofcorse the right is going to jump on it, but it more bill's fault for letting it turn into a scadal

Back