Questions for survivalists

I posted that to lift your spirits. Now you can stockpile for at least 4 years. (The NAS puts the recovery time at four to 10 years.)

As you know we've discussed the possibility of "smoke 'em out". Here is a short video on fire rated vault doors. http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/vault_door_videos/sportsman_vault_door_video.htm

The segment 4:35 - 4:45 informs us "if the wife hears a noise she can get inside and the perps can shoot an uzi at it all day long and not get access." At an $1800.00 tag it's a small price, indeed, to pay for peace of mind. A vault with a hidden air pipe to the exterior of the home would allow for extended stays in the vault. For further peace of mind a remote controlled booby-trap on the exterior of the vault should the hoards get access to your basement. Anything from tear gas to a home made pipe bomb would suffice. Also, a surveillance camera on the exterior would be a wise investment with a monitor in the vault allowing one to see if the "coast is clear".

It's like restoring old cars. "Do it once. Do it right."
Ah, so despite the fact that I have repeatedly stated I hope that I never have to use my stores for a long term disaster, you post this as if I am hoping for a long term disaster. In short, you are trolling because you have absolutely nothing of value to say. Got it.

Pathetic useless fucking loser.

It's the length of preparation that is being questioned. Any crisis where the government is not able to offer basic survival aid within a few weeks will result in a dramatic change in culture. The first fact acknowledged will the government has lost control. Today, people who have a few supplies on hand are not concerned with their neighbor stealing them. When things like a storm or a power outage occur people just stay home and read a book knowing things will return to normal shortly. It's when they realize things will not be returning to normal any time soon that mob mentality takes over.

Right or wrong, that's the way things will go and survival will depend on being part of the mob. Individuals, survivalists, will not stand a chance in a populated area.
So, what are people to do? Join the mobs of subhuman scum who prey on others? What a wonderful society that would build. Not that your predictions are worth the pixels used to display them. You are an idiot studying hard to be a moron. You hate anyone who does not believe in absolute and total dependence on your precious mommy government. You detest people who believe in personal responsibility and freedom.

You really are a pathetic loser. I mean REALLY fucking pathetic.

Oddly enough, the troll who has proven effective in hiding his identity and his IP address, doesn't know anything about survival. Oh, well...

Ah, so despite the fact that I have repeatedly stated I hope that I never have to use my stores for a long term disaster, you post this as if I am hoping for a long term disaster. In short, you are trolling because you have absolutely nothing of value to say. Got it.

You are preparing for a long term disaster so I suggested a site which offers things that you may find useful and you curse at me. You're nuttier than a fruitcake.

Or, to add to my previous post, do you find the suggestion in the video as wacky as I find you?

So, what are people to do? Join the mobs of subhuman scum who prey on others? What a wonderful society that would build. Not that your predictions are worth the pixels used to display them. You are an idiot studying hard to be a moron. You hate anyone who does not believe in absolute and total dependence on your precious mommy government. You detest people who believe in personal responsibility and freedom.

You really are a pathetic loser. I mean REALLY fucking pathetic.

I don't know where, or even if, you received an education but mankind prospered once they united. The evidence is still apparent today. Just view a few of the ME countries where the people are not united. Survival has and always will depend on groups. Please, educate yourself before it's too late.

Survivalists are perfectly capable of cooperating. Too bad you are so focused on your hatred of anything which differs in the slightest from your worship of big mommy government, you cannot comprehend what many have been saying about getting together with neighbors and friends for mutual protection. Instead you troll around, talking about cowering in basements and a bunch of other bullshit, innuendo, and outright lies. That is what makes you so completely pathetic.

What we will NOT cooperate with is a bunch of assholes like yourself coming around demanding a share of what we went to the expense and effort to accumulate, just because you happen to exist - especially assholes like you who are ridiculing the very idea of preparing for long term disaster, then, if the worst DOES happen, you want us to provide for your lazy lying useless big mommy government asses. And anyone who wants to take things by force will, eventually, be met with greater force from law abiding citizens who do not want to put up with bands of murdering criminals running around. Again, we CAN cooperate - probably much better and more effective than the roving bands of criminals you so admire - just not in the mindless, give our souls to big mommy government way you demand.

BTW: survival does NOT depend on groups - look at the pioneers who led the way west for the settlers. They were all self-reliant individualists. CIVILIZATION demands cooperating groups, not mere survival. But civilization also demands one more thing that will make it impossible for civilization to arise from your hypothetical murdering criminals: a sense of morality. People who murder for their own survival cannot possibly build a healthy society. They'll be too busy stabbing each other in the backs (literally as well as figuratively) after they run out of innocent victims.

And you can't lie your way out of why you posted the link you did. You wanted to make more fun of people who think the worst is coming. trying to claim it was to "suggested a site which offers things that you may find useful" is a lie, yoiu fucking know it is a lie, and so does everyone else reading this thread - even those mindless enough to be on your side of the argument.

Here is the type of people Apple think would be better at rebuilding society:
Won't that be a wonderful society that would result from Apple's "cooperating" bands of murdering criminals.

And I am the wacky one. I guess it's better to be wacky than a pathetic sociopath who thinks murder is more honorable than "selfishly" providing for your children.

Survivalists are perfectly capable of cooperating. Too bad you are so focused on your hatred of anything which differs in the slightest from your worship of big mommy government, you cannot comprehend what many have been saying about getting together with neighbors and friends for mutual protection. Instead you troll around, talking about cowering in basements and a bunch of other bullshit, innuendo, and outright lies. That is what makes you so completely pathetic.

Ahhh, so now it's not individuals stocking their basement but a group of friends/neighbors moving into one house. At least you're starting to make sense.

What we will NOT cooperate with is a bunch of assholes like yourself coming around demanding a share of what we went to the expense and effort to accumulate, just because you happen to exist - especially assholes like you who are ridiculing the very idea of preparing for long term disaster, then, if the worst DOES happen, you want us to provide for your lazy lying useless big mommy government asses. And anyone who wants to take things by force will, eventually, be met with greater force from law abiding citizens who do not want to put up with bands of murdering criminals running around. Again, we CAN cooperate - probably much better and more effective than the roving bands of criminals you so admire - just not in the mindless, give our souls to big mommy government way you demand.

Hold on now. What, exactly, do you mean by cooperate? Is everyone moving into one house or do survivalists drop in for tea occasionally? It's difficult guarding your stores when you're delivering pot roast like the gals on Housewives. So, please be a bit more specific. As the video showed the mobs will have your place under surveillance.

BTW: survival does NOT depend on groups - look at the pioneers who led the way west for the settlers. They were all self-reliant individualists. CIVILIZATION demands cooperating groups, not mere survival. But civilization also demands one more thing that will make it impossible for civilization to arise from your hypothetical murdering criminals: a sense of morality. People who murder for their own survival cannot possibly build a healthy society. They'll be too busy stabbing each other in the backs (literally as well as figuratively) after they run out of innocent victims.

You raise a good point, unfortunately, you read the history book upside down. When the settles headed west, alone, how did things go when they encountered natives? Why do you think wagon trains were used? Please, educate yourself.

And you can't lie your way out of why you posted the link you did. You wanted to make more fun of people who think the worst is coming. trying to claim it was to "suggested a site which offers things that you may find useful" is a lie, yoiu fucking know it is a lie, and so does everyone else reading this thread - even those mindless enough to be on your side of the argument.

Did you even watch the video you posted? What did they say about people holed up in houses? Check out the last 30 seconds of the video. That is exactly what I have been trying to tell you.

Here is the type of people Apple think would be better at rebuilding society:
Won't that be a wonderful society that would result from Apple's "cooperating" bands of murdering criminals.

And I am the wacky one. I guess it's better to be wacky than a pathetic sociopath who thinks murder is more honorable than "selfishly" providing for your children.

Now lets keep it honest here. I never said those folks would make a better society. In fact, I never said anything about those folks. I was talking about regular people facing hunger and death. Those guys in the video will be just another problem facing the survivalists. They would have little reason to attack a group without food especially when faced with a group as opposed to a family of, say, half a dozen people.

The group in the video are mercenaries. The regular folks would settle for sharing, however, they probably wouldn't hesitate to use violence if people refused to share.

All you do above is indicate you complete lack of reading skills. Not one of us has EVER mentioned cowering in the basement, yet that is exactly how you describe us. And then it's "oh, you work together, so you must live together" strawman approach. People do not need to move into the same house to cooperate with each other. Did the settlers arrive at a desirable location and build one big house for all? Yet then you go on as if your strawman is the basis of the argument.

Still the pathetic, ignorant troll, aren't you?

We cooperate as people have always cooperated in the past (That is, before liberal progressives decided that we should simply put it all on the shoulders of government so we could sit around bemoaning the plight of the less fortunate and congratulating ourselves for doing nothing more about it than vote for big mommy government): People cooperate by helping each other out when help is needed, assisting in providing needed services (including defense), taking turns doing the things that need doing (including watch duty), celebrating when circumstances call for it, and otherwise leading our own lives with our own families.

And your knowledge of history is the one sadly lacking. BEFORE the wagon trains were the individuals, frontiersmen, fur trappers, and explorers who went out ON THEIR OWN, found and established the trails those wagon trains followed later. People like Jim Bridger, Kit Carson, John Colter, Manuel Lisa, Jedidiah Smith, etc. They survived as individuals, and because they did, others were able to follow in the (relative) safety of numbers.

And you are an outright liar. In the beginning you described people BURNING OUT survivalists, just for spite. And the SAME GROUPS, the ones you described as turning into murdering criminals due to their desperation, are the ones you claim would rebuild society and ostracize survivalists for being selfish. How do you think these bands of "regular people facing hunger and death" will organize and cooperate with each other, with ANY hope of being successful against defended positions - even if it is just to burn people out from the sheer hatred and spite you liberals are full of - unless they do so in an organized and planned (ie: military) manner? Therefore, the video does, indeed, describe the people you are hoping survive to rebuild society.

And mercs are soldier types, most of whom are uncaring subhumans, who put their military skills to work for others, and get paid for doing so; selling their skills to the highest bidder regardless of any ethical considerations. The people portrayed in the video were "working" only for themselves, as a "cooperating" band (murdering criminals) of "regular people facing hunger and death" would end up doing (ie: raiding, killing, stealing, etc. according to your predictions) if they managed to survive beyond the first week.

Last edited:
All you do above is indicate you complete lack of reading skills. Not one of us has EVER mentioned cowering in the basement, yet that is exactly how you describe us. And then it's "oh, you work together, so you must live together" strawman approach. People do not need to move into the same house to cooperate with each other. Did the settlers arrive at a desirable location and build one big house for all? Yet then you go on as if your strawman is the basis of the argument.

Still the pathetic, ignorant troll, aren't you?

We cooperate as people have always cooperated in the past (That is, before liberal progressives decided that we should simply put it all on the shoulders of government so we could sit around bemoaning the plight of the less fortunate and congratulating ourselves for doing nothing more about it than vote for big mommy government): People cooperate by helping each other out when help is needed, assisting in providing needed services (including defense), taking turns doing the things that need doing (including watch duty), celebrating when circumstances call for it, and otherwise leading our own lives with our own families.

And your knowledge of history is the one sadly lacking. BEFORE the wagon trains were the individuals, frontiersmen, fur trappers, and explorers who went out ON THEIR OWN, found and established the trails those wagon trains followed later. People like Jim Bridger, Kit Carson, John Colter, Manuel Lisa, Jedidiah Smith, etc. They survived as individuals, and because they did, others were able to follow in the (relative) safety of numbers.

And you are an outright liar. In the beginning you described people BURNING OUT survivalists, just for spite. And the SAME GROUPS, the ones you described as turning into murdering criminals due to their desperation, are the ones you claim would rebuild society and ostracize survivalists for being selfish. How do you think these bands of "regular people facing hunger and death" will organize and cooperate with each other, with ANY hope of being successful against defended positions - even if it is just to burn people out from the sheer hatred and spite you liberals are full of - unless they do so in an organized and planned (ie: military) manner? Therefore, the video does, indeed, describe the people you are hoping survive to rebuild society.

And mercs are soldier types, most of whom are uncaring subhumans, who put their military skills to work for others, and get paid for doing so; selling their skills to the highest bidder regardless of any ethical considerations. The people portrayed in the video were "working" only for themselves, as a "cooperating" band (murdering criminals) of "regular people facing hunger and death" would end up doing (ie: raiding, killing, stealing, etc. according to your predictions) if they managed to survive beyond the first week.

What the Candian dumbass doesn't understand; is that any disaster that appeared to be going to last longer then a month, is probably going to result in the "survivalist and his family" packing up and moving to a different location.
Expecially once the "hungry mobs" start roaming about.
Any serious disaster (pandemic, major volcanic eruption, government totally collapsing) is probably going to result in an exodus from the immediate area.

What do you call hoarding supplies and defending the home? Sitting in the living room while people are attacking? Maybe have a back yard B-B-Q while the mob is attacking from the front? And how is the neighbour two blocks north and one block east going to help you?

Again, how is the neighbour three blocks away watching your house? And what if he heard a lot of shooting. Is he and his family going to come running down the street to help you? It will be like that arcade game where a row of little ducks are hit using an air rifle.

As for putting the responsibility on the government taxes pay for the service. Why do you have difficulty understanding the government is similar to any company where one purchases a service. People send a $100 check to the hydro company and the hydro company supplies electricity. The person is not putting the responsibility on the shoulders of the company and avoiding personal responsibility any more than a citizen who pays taxes and expects government to supply a service. There’s no shirking personal responsibility or putting anything on anyone’s shoulders. It’s called civilization.

Yes, they went on their own. They did not establish communities. It was the “numbers” who followed. Groups of people.

You really are scratching to maintain your untenable position, aren’t you? The people I mentioned are interested in sharing. The folks in the video are not and the only way to have a civilization/community is to share. The people who join the group, a sharing group, will quickly realize that’s their best bet for survival. Furthermore, it prompts each member to work for the benefit of the group. It’s psychologically reinforcing. That’s what builds a community.

The regular people would be a much larger group, not 5 or 6 people. Also, and this is what’s central to it all, they would be willing to share. The folks portrayed in the video say they would kill everyone regardless of whether they cooperated. But the bottom line is, yes, the group made up of regular folks probably would attack if someone refused to share.

You mention survivalists will cooperate. Really? Won’t a person be judged by how much they have stored, how much they have to offer? Underlying the so-called “friendship” is every man for himself. Why would such individuals help anyone else unless there was something in it for them? If your house is being attacked why would your buddy three blocks away get involved? He’d be better off cowering in his basement hoping the murderous gang takes your stuff and moves on. After all, he is a survivalist, first and foremost. Your safety and well-being are of no concern to him other than how it may directly affect him.

What a great community you folks would make. Everyone for themselves. Sort of like how the country got into the position it's in now. Whether it's the illegal activities of Enron-type folks or legal activities of financial groups and their twisted schemes, sooner or later it all goes to hell. I suppose some people are just slow learners.

What the Candian dumbass doesn't understand; is that any disaster that appeared to be going to last longer then a month, is probably going to result in the "survivalist and his family" packing up and moving to a different location.
Expecially once the "hungry mobs" start roaming about.
Any serious disaster (pandemic, major volcanic eruption, government totally collapsing) is probably going to result in an exodus from the immediate area.

Ahhh, I see. Just load up the SUV and hit the road. In that case the hungry mobs can catch a bus and ride out of town. That was easy. :)

Apple just cannot get beyond demonizing anything and everything which does not result in complete and total subservience to his precious mommy government. Accumulating supplies of food and other provisions is the same as cowering in the basement. People gathering in hordes and murdering others is heroic. People who try to look ahead and prepare for disasters are selfish. People who do nothing and then demand from those who did prepare are the good guys. Your sense of reality, as well as morality, is so fucked as to be more animal than human. I simply cannot STAND reading your mindless immoral big mommy government drivel any longer.

Apple just cannot get beyond demonizing anything and everything which does not result in complete and total subservience to his precious mommy government. Accumulating supplies of food and other provisions is the same as cowering in the basement. People gathering in hordes and murdering others is heroic. People who try to look ahead and prepare for disasters are selfish. People who do nothing and then demand from those who did prepare are the good guys. Your sense of reality, as well as morality, is so fucked as to be more animal than human. I simply cannot STAND reading your mindless immoral big mommy government drivel any longer.

I used to wonder why you twist the things I wrote until I realized you are twisted.

Has anyone noticed that Wayne LaPierre (NRA) is claiming that because Obama hasn't tried to grab any guns, it proves that he's going to?

Back