Quick, very wierd question

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
Say I donate an organ, like a kidney. And the person I'm donating it to (say my brother) rejects its. Can I get my kidney back?

Say I donate an organ, like a kidney. And the person I'm donating it to (say my brother) rejects its. Can I get my kidney back?

likely the "rejection" would result in sufficient damage to the kidney that it wouldn't be functional.....otherwise we would see instances of a kidney being passed along to the next person in line waiting for a donor.......

likely the "rejection" would result in sufficient damage to the kidney that it wouldn't be functional.....otherwise we would see instances of a kidney being passed along to the next person in line waiting for a donor.......

PMP is right. The body rejecting the kidney will cause it to basically die. Although you might be able to get them to give it back to you, they would think you were REALLY weird.

PMP is right. The body rejecting the kidney will cause it to basically die. Although you might be able to get them to give it back to you, they would think you were REALLY weird.

Long story short my wife was asking why I'm not an organ donor. Its likely they would be rejected (I'm AB+ blood type, for one thing). Id rather not waste someones time. Plus, I'm superstisious (sp) about not having all my organs when I get burried.

No. the rejection process would mean a significant amount of tissue death (necropsy) would have occured meaning the organ could not be returned to the donor. Man you're fucking weird! ;)

Long story short my wife was asking why I'm not an organ donor. Its likely they would be rejected (I'm AB+ blood type, for one thing). Id rather not waste someones time. Plus, I'm superstisious (sp) about not having all my organs when I get burried.
I tink the number one legitimate concern about being an organ donor is trusting the medical establishment. For example, if you were in a serious auto accident with serious injuries and were a border line survival case. Would the physicians do all they can to save your life or would they triage your ass and permit you to die so that they could cull your organs in the best and most suitable possible state for transplant?

Personally I don't trust the mother fuckers on that score so I'm not a registered organ donor.

Well that's a different issues....chilled in ice water so that it could be sliced thinly then sauted in butter with some shallots and garlic and served with some fauva beans and a fine chianti...........
Isn't that liver? We're talking a kidney here. Besides, Billy's liver would smell, therefore taste, like embalming fluid, since alcoholism turns tissue into formaldehyde.

Isn't that liver? We're talking a kidney here. Besides, Billy's liver would smell, therefore taste, like embalming fluid, since alcoholism turns tissue into formaldehyde.
Hey Billy could taste like pumpkin pie for all I know.....But I'd never know cause I aint eating the filthy mother fucker.

Back