Racism or Bigotry, Should JPP Ban Both?

Konono

Verified User
The board owner says he is tired of racist trolling (Hint: RacistX).

What about religious bigotry? While not racism, it is still hatred based upon the same hate that racists have.

That is why Damo won't make any major changes in my humble opinion. Because once you start down that road it becomes a slippery slope and people start demanding that all sorts of speech be banned

Unfortunately people throw around the word racist on this board so much it has lost all meaning

What about religious bigotry? While not racism, it is still hatred based upon the same hate that racists have.

disagree entirely. people are equal. Ideas are not. Criticizing religion is the criticism of ideas, not people. it's not the same thing. It's no more different than disagreeing with liberal or conservative ideology.

That is why Damo won't make any major changes in my humble opinion. Because once you start down that road it becomes a slippery slope and people start demanding that all sorts of speech be banned

Unfortunately people throw around the word racist on this board so much it has lost all meaning

Totally agree.

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-hate-people-but-when-i-do-their-always-niggers-182a8a.jpg

disagree entirely. people are equal. Ideas are not. Criticizing religion is the criticism of ideas, not people. it's not the same thing. It's no more different than disagreeing with liberal or conservative ideology.

Is there any possibility that your conclusion is possibly skewed, due to your own dislike of religion; because a lot of the comments haven't just been criticism,.
They have been outright denigrating comments, which would seem to be no different then someone who makes denigrating comments about another race.

Both situations are initially based on ideas and/or beliefs; but they way they are done is what is so distasteful.
Saying that you don't believe in God is one thing; but then to try to denigrate those who do, is no different then someone saying that they don't believe (insert color of your choice) are equal as opposed to making denigrating comments about (insert color of your choice).

You tell me what the difference is, other then racism, of one person saying n****r and another person saying BY-BULL?
Or another person saying that people of (insert color of your choice) are less, then someone else saying that those who believe are less?

you can change your thought patterns, you can change your beliefs. If you have stupid beliefs, then you should be criticized for them. People can't change their skin color, they can't change who they are. Ideas/beliefs are not the same as people

you can change your thought patterns, you can change your beliefs. If you have stupid beliefs, then you should be criticized for them. People can't change their skin color, they can't change who they are. Ideas/beliefs are not the same as people

Your biases is showing, with your comment of "stup0id beliefs" and explains why you're trying to explain your own bigotry.

But using your own logic; those who have a problem over someone else's skin color, are also able to change their thought patterns.
It's not the skin color that's the problem; but instead it's the thought pattern of the person who has the problem.

BIGOT

In English the word "bigot" refers to a person whose habitual state of mind includes an obstinate, irrational, or unfair intolerance of ideas, opinions, ethnicities, or beliefs that differ from their own, and intolerance of the people who hold them.

You make a valid point about skin color vs belief system. Do you believe bigotry is okay? To me, racism and bigotry are both intolerant of other people, just for different reasons. There is rampant bigotry towards religion, mostly Christianity, on this board. If that type of intolerance is allowed, so should racism, right?

One's religion is a belief in an idea...
To hate someone for their religion is to hate an optional belief they chose to harbor...
Ones race is their genetic makeup...
To hate someone for their race is to hate their very being...

You can not compare the two...
They are not even fucking close.

You make a valid point about skin color vs belief system. Do you believe bigotry is okay? To me, racism and bigotry are both intolerant of other people, just for different reasons. There is rampant bigotry towards religion, mostly Christianity, on this board. If that type of intolerance is allowed, so should racism, right?

Anyway, I believe that curbstomping leftism in America would go a long way toward reducing anti-Christian bigotry. I am aware of no ideology, which, when marginalized, would accomplish much to the end of sharply reducing racism.

when have you EVER agreed somethin g was racism asshole ?

NEVER

One's religion is a belief in an idea...
To hate someone for their religion is to hate an optional belief they chose to harbor...
Ones race is their genetic makeup...
To hate someone for their race is to hate their very being...

You can not compare the two...
They are not even fucking close.

yeap

and none of these cons ever think a black person getting dead is racist

Back