Ramen

Raman is terribly high in sodium and lacks any real nutrition value. I find it gross.
You've never had the real thing then. We have quite a few Japanese restaruants around here due to our proximity to Honda of America. The Raman soups they serve use real broth and not the sodium packed bullion and they are literally meals in a bowl. Good eats.

And Yes Grind, in Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese and Filipino noodles they add fish sauce. If you've ever had lo mien or pad thai you've had noodles with fish sauce added.

all the best food is unhealthy. I can count the times on one hand that i said "holy shit this tastes awesome" and it turned out to be a super health meal
That's a misnomer. Food can taste awesome and still be both nutritious and healthy. A lot of health food nuts seem to equate bland with healthy. Besides, who's to say having a moderate portion of Coq au Vin once a month isn't both nutritous and healthy, right?

You've never had the real thing then. We have quite a few Japanese restaruants around here due to our proximity to Honda of America. The Raman soups they serve use real broth and not the sodium packed bullion and they are literally meals in a bowl. Good eats.

And Yes Grind, in Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese and Filipino noodles they add fish sauce. If you've ever had lo mien or pad thai you've had noodles with fish sauce added.

The homemade is good, they are talking about the packaged version you buy at Costo. It is not good.

all the best food is unhealthy. I can count the times on one hand that i said "holy shit this tastes awesome" and it turned out to be a super health meal

Yeah, like chocolate or cocoa. It is so nasty! :)

You have to condition yourself to enjoy healthy foods, and the way they make you feel in the right quantities. It is easy if you are self aware. :)

Just take note of how eating too much of something or something unhealthy makes you feel. Do the same with the good stuff.

They are now teaching obesity economics which is something I have been preaching for years.

http://theweek.com/article/index/232522/virtual-princeton-a-guide-to-free-online-ivy-league-classes

Yeah, like explaining it terms of economics would help you? Maybe, you are right and I am wasting my time.

i didn't know that. and now I wish I hadn't. I think you might have just ruined noodles for me.

fucking gross

ewwwww reheated shrimp is so disgusting.

who said anything about 'reheating'... no-n0.. cooked with legs and shells on until crispy,rolled in buffalo sauce.. then the left-over put in fridge and eat cold... mmm mmm mmmm goood and still crunchy.. :)

it's crunchy shrimp cocktail

I like noodles, but I like spiced up shit. and maybe some veggies. reheated little shrimp is so so so so so so gross I am throwing up in my mouth over here.

if by 'spiced up' you mean 'hot'.... try the yakisoba spicy chicken or spicy veg.. it'll set you on fire..

How fish sauce is made:

Blecch. Another reason to be vegan.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm veggies AND fish sauce... :D

but seriously, that's pretty awesome how they figured out how to make fish sauce.. I always wonder why certain things that are pretty horribly 'made' or with nasty ingredients... ever came into being in the 1st place..

damo you were probably just a retard. I get tortillas all the time

Yeah, because now is indicative of what it was like 20 years ago when I was in the Navy. If you go by that standard the 40 or so channels available on Cable really were 500, the internet was everywhere and there never were 7000 baud modems.

BTW - I watched a chick on that extreme coupon show my wife loves so much buy Ramen in California from a regular supermarket... She got the ones that with a coupon gave her a $.05 bonus and bought a ton of the things getting a bunch of meat for free because of the extra 5 cents...

Also, that was the first time I ever saw some in a can in my life. I had no idea such a horrible thing existed. Instead I simply made my own tortillas...

i didn't know that. and now I wish I hadn't. I think you might have just ruined noodles for me.
LOL Oh don't be such a pussy. It's not like you drown what you're eating with fish sauce, you just add a sprinkle of it as a flavor enhancer. After you've tried it a couple of times, particularly a good quality one, you grow to like it very quickly. For example, when I make spicy chicken curry I add a teaspoon of fish sauce and it's incredible how is picks up the flavor.

How fish sauce is made:

Blecch. Another reason to be vegan.
Cultural bias. Fish sauce is as common a seasoning/flavor enhancer in SE asian cooking as soy sauce. I just about gaurentee you've eaten as an ingredient in quite a few dishes at many Asian restaurants.

Cultural bias. Fish sauce is as common a seasoning/flavor enhancer in SE asian cooking as soy sauce. I just about gaurentee you've eaten as an ingredient in quite a few dishes at many Asian restaurants.

I'm not basing my opinion on cultural bias. I know I've eaten it and a whole lot of other animal-based stuff. I don't eat any of it anymore and haven't for years.

Rancid fish preserved with salt is disgusting whether you're vegan, Asian or whatever, though. Gross is gross.

It was the awesomest line in Master Chef this past season... They had to trade ingredients for a meal they thought they were cooking for themselves, she got the one from an Asian cuisine person...

I'm not basing my opinion on cultural bias. I know I've eaten it and a whole lot of other animal-based stuff. I don't eat any of it anymore and haven't for years.

Rancid fish preserved with salt is disgusting whether you're vegan, Asian or whatever, though. Gross is gross.
Not very rational. It's really just an ancient method of using protein and sodium chloride to create monosodium glutamate.

It was the awesomest line in Master Chef this past season... They had to trade ingredients for a meal they thought they were cooking for themselves, she got the one from an Asian cuisine person...
Oh I bet a good part of the Asian audience was offended by that comment.

Back