Reality check on electric cars

Needing to give up on the gasoline monsters that we loved because we overpopulated the world with unprotected sex is our own fault as a species.

If there were a reasonable two or three billion people on the planet, everybody could have a collection of big block restomods and everything would be fine.

I can't argue. This country has become overpopulated and more come every day and are allowed in.

I dunno. There would still be the tree huggers that hate our prized big blocks. The sound offends them. Tuff shit, right?

40 million people will buy wheat in some form in a single day.

No problem, thanks to 'uneducated rednecks' growing wheat by the ton. They feed the world, dude.

That is not true, you made it up. However, what does that have to do with 40 million people buying cars? Let's see, should I buy wheat today or a Tesla? Tough decision.

You find that a tough decision???????!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Your scenario, not mine. You are so scattered. You are often wrong and never admit it. You attack with "fallacies' and drive by insults. You are at the bottom of the barrel, a true right-winger who believes as propagandized.

I can't argue. This country has become overpopulated and more come every day and are allowed in.

I dunno. There would still be the tree huggers that hate our prized big blocks. The sound offends them. Tuff shit, right?

Right.

I suspect that your Cobra is either an authentic restoration or an authentic reproduction rather than a restomod, for the most part. It has a real FE in it, right?
Those are great classics.

My Corvette, on the other hand, is very much a restomod which is why its market value could conceivably be less than the substantial cost of building it.
Restomod expenditure is consumption, not investment.

As you would know but many here wouldn't, restomods are built in two primary classes, Pro Street and Pro Touring.

Pro Street restomods usually have highly modified engines that idle like cement mixers. On the other hand, many still have their recirculating ball steering, leaf springs, and even drum brakes,
Pro Street muscle cars like Dodge Chargers and Pontiac GTOs can be outright dangerous if not built properly.

Pro Touring restomods like mine either have highly modified chassis or, as in my case, a brand new aftermarket chassis capable of modern performance standards on the open road.
Good, high end crate engines, however, are generally more than sufficient, powerwise. We need more lower rpm normal street driving torque than do the Pro Street enthusiasts.
I have a custom-built engine just for the component quality, but it's clearly not tuned like a quarter mile gasser and doesn't shake and threaten to stall at every traffic light.
A good crate engine like a ZZ6-EFi would work just as well.

Very impressive machines are built in both flavors. It's just a matter of whether one revels in straight line launch from a standing start or spirited pleasure cruising.

A Cobra is a different animal altogether
It's not made as a dragster, and not the most comfortable thing for pleasure cruising, either.
It's a road racer, pure and simple, and a damned good one at that.
You must have good contacts for fixing tickets. Me too, but at my age, i don't need them as much.
The little Corvette carries my clubs to the course, mostly. I have the golf bag instead of a mistress in the passenger seat.
That's being fucking old.

Your scenario, not mine.
Nonsense statement. Apparently you lost context completely.
You are so scattered. You are often wrong and never admit it.
Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself again.
You attack with "fallacies'
They are YOUR fallacies. YOU make them. Only YOU can do something about it. A fallacy is not an attack.
and drive by insults.
Inversion fallacy.
You are at the bottom of the barrel, a true right-winger who believes as propagandized.
Inversion fallacy.

You sure like to project your own problems on other people a lot. When you aren't doing that, you wander into fiction or just random statements and insults. What a loser.

This happened last November when a couple bought a Rivian R1T, which is an all-electric truck that costs no less than $79,500.

Overall, the couple’s all-electric pickup truck expedition amounted to 2,700 miles and no less than 27 charging stops, which is too much for a high-performance vehicle.

The couple towed their Ford Mustang Shelby GT four-wheels, using their all-electric pickup truck in a flat car hauler trailer. The total weight was 14,260 pounds, while the trailer was 6,000 pounds, and this is standard weight.

On their first trip, the couple towed their truck from Los Angeles to Missouri and stopped 20 times to charge the electric truck. Therefore, they stopped every 100 miles, on average.
The second day was similar – they traveled 695 miles and stopped every 100 miles. Considering all the issues they had with the electric truck, it’s no surprise that the trip was uncomfortable.

It’s also worth noting that the owners spent around 20 hours charging their Rivian, which is too much for an electric truck.

Even though the truck was supposed to have a standard towing capacity, it still ran out of battery every 100 miles, which made the couple lose time trying to park it at the nearest stop to charge it again.

Finally, the couple also had numerous issues since the vehicle had to take up most of the charging station. This sometimes caused problems with other users, so they had to do their best to park the truck while not blocking anyone else.

https://ehlinelaw.com/blog/couple-tries-electric-truck-stops-every-100-miles

That is 10 miles further between charges than the Ford pickup EV.

Right.

I suspect that your Cobra is either an authentic restoration or an authentic reproduction rather than a restomod, for the most part. It has a real FE in it, right?
Those are great classics.

My Corvette, on the other hand, is very much a restomod which is why its market value could conceivably be less than the substantial cost of building it.
Restomod expenditure is consumption, not investment.

As you would know but many here wouldn't, restomods are built in two primary classes, Pro Street and Pro Touring.

Pro Street restomods usually have highly modified engines that idle like cement mixers. On the other hand, many still have their recirculating ball steering, leaf springs, and even drum brakes,
Pro Street muscle cars like Dodge Chargers and Pontiac GTOs can be outright dangerous if not built properly.

Pro Touring restomods like mine either have highly modified chassis or, as in my case, a brand new aftermarket chassis capable of modern performance standards on the open road.
Good, high end crate engines, however, are generally more than sufficient, powerwise. We need more lower rpm normal street driving torque than do the Pro Street enthusiasts.
I have a custom-built engine just for the component quality, but it's clearly not tuned like a quarter mile gasser and doesn't shake and threaten to stall at every traffic light.
A good crate engine like a ZZ6-EFi would work just as well.

Very impressive machines are built in both flavors. It's just a matter of whether one revels in straight line launch from a standing start or spirited pleasure cruising.

A Cobra is a different animal altogether
It's not made as a dragster, and not the most comfortable thing for pleasure cruising, either.
It's a road racer, pure and simple, and a damned good one at that.
You must have good contacts for fixing tickets. Me too, but at my age, i don't need them as much.
The little Corvette carries my clubs to the course, mostly. I have the golf bag instead of a mistress in the passenger seat.
That's being fucking old.

My Cobra is an authentic reproduction. The 427 Side Oiler is a basically stock, period correct cast iron "what was in it, when it was in it," except for modern cam and pistons with 485 ft. lbs. of torque. A Close Ratio Toploader 4 speed and a Jag rear end finish the drivetrain. It has a modern solid 2x4 steel frame, disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, twin coil overs front and back and true knock-off wheels.
It has no "creature comforts" whatsoever. It is extremely loud, obnoxious, and the cam rattles your teeth at idle. The steering wheel is even off-center of the driver's seat and you climb in it, rather than sitting in the seat and hoping you don't burn your leg on the sidepipes. I would say it's the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven, has (by far) more power than it needs and can kill you in a moment's laxity.
There is no room for anything (except a small passenger), not even enough room for a small folding chair in the trunk. Basically (as you've said) a road race car with a license plate.
All that said, it really is the most fun car to just go out for a drive (especially on the winding back roads) I've ever had, garners attention wherever it goes and has won dozens of trophies at car shows.

Rightys can sure post outrageous things that are in right-wing news and claim them to be true. There are 3 million EVs in America and the blackouts that they are causing are terrible. We upgrade our electric system constantly due to population increase and the power that modern appliances require.

Rightys can sure post outrageous things that are in right-wing news and claim them to be true. There are 3 million EVs in America and the blackouts that they are causing are terrible. We upgrade our electric system constantly due to population increase and the power that modern appliances require.

I hadn't heard about the "blackouts" I'm causing with my EV! Interesting.

Maybe they only happen when I'm sleeping and my eyes are closed?

And my "Lithium Habit" is really bad now. I wish I was as good as our Conservative Friends and never used a thing that had a Li ion battery in it at all ever.

My Cobra is an authentic reproduction. The 427 Side Oiler is a basically stock, period correct cast iron "what was in it, when it was in it," except for modern cam and pistons with 485 ft. lbs. of torque. A Close Ratio Toploader 4 speed and a Jag rear end finish the drivetrain. It has a modern solid 2x4 steel frame, disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, twin coil overs front and back and true knock-off wheels.
It has no "creature comforts" whatsoever. It is extremely loud, obnoxious, and the cam rattles your teeth at idle. The steering wheel is even off-center of the driver's seat and you climb in it, rather than sitting in the seat and hoping you don't burn your leg on the sidepipes. I would say it's the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven, has (by far) more power than it needs and can kill you in a moment's laxity.
There is no room for anything (except a small passenger), not even enough room for a small folding chair in the trunk. Basically (as you've said) a road race car with a license plate.
All that said, it really is the most fun car to just go out for a drive (especially on the winding back roads) I've ever had, garners attention wherever it goes and has won dozens of trophies at car shows.

In other words, it's one of those cars that lets men know why they have nipples... :awesome:

I hadn't heard about the "blackouts" I'm causing with my EV! Interesting.

Maybe they only happen when I'm sleeping and my eyes are closed?

And my "Lithium Habit" is really bad now. I wish I was as good as our Conservative Friends and never used a thing that had a Li ion battery in it at all ever.

Me either, but it must be happening.

Authenic reproduction? Like being a semi-virgin.

Thanks Karen. I appreciate the bump

You're welcome, festering cunthole!

I understand the world needs to pay you attention all the time. So you post shit all the time and when people respond you simply thank them.

You are a LOT like your favorite man on earth, Donald J. Trump.

Here's a picture for you to fap to:
zMVs1k6.jpg

Back