Reality check on electric cars

I can understand why you believe that crap . Your info is super selective.https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2021/10/more-999-studies-agree-humans-caused-climate-change How is 99.9

Quoting made up numbers means nothing.
Studies are not a proof.
Science isn't a paper, book, magazine, website, pamphlet, or scripture. It does not use consensus. It has no voting bloc. It has no politics. It has no religion.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

YOU ignore the 1st law of thermodynamics, a theory of science. You cannot create energy out of nothing. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.

Mandating EVs does not save the planet. It will destroy the economy though, since every bit of food uses tractors and trucks to reach your table, the increased load on the power plants mean more fuel has to be burned to charge the EVs, the grid will have to be expanded to carry the additional current required, the roads will go to shit because EV owners don't pay for them, your tax credits will go away because there is no one left to pay for them, there will be no one left to pay for your EV or the charging stations it uses (you'll finally have to pay for everything, roads, charging stations, and the full cost of the EV yourself).

You're a parasite. You're a Luddite. You are rejecting perfectly good technology for getting goods and people from place to place.
You are living in a fantasy. Such mandates are fascism. It is government manipulation of markets, which is what fascism is. Fascism always fails. It is theft. If there is no one left to steal from, it collapses.

Look at cars on the road today. People are buying far more gasoline cars than EVs. There's many reasons why.

I say let the market decide. It will anyway, despite any government mandate. One way or the other, it WILL decide.

Rather irrelevant anyway. Science does not use consensus at all. There is no voting bloc in science.
Science isn't data either. Data is the result of an observation (even if augmented by instrumentation). ALL observations are subject to the problems of phenomenology. What am I talking about? Think optical illusion for starters.

So true. I know plenty of degreed people who are complete fucking idiots.

Hence the phrase, "It takes a college educated idiot to say something that stupid!".

I constantly see college educated mechanical engineers that can't figure out how to run a drill press.
I constantly see college educated electronic engineers that can't figure out which end of soldering to hold.
I constantly see college educated computer software engineers that can't figure out to work the compiler, or even to understand what a compiler IS.
I constantly see college educated 'climate scientists' that deny physics.

I get these morons applying at my company for a job. One of my first questions is to give a software engineer applicant a function template with a pointer and ask them to write the function to reverse a string referenced by that pointer. They can't do it. NEXT!

College educated idiots that don't know a fucking thing.

I recently heard the claim that the Regimes plan of having American rare-Earth mining and production is almost certainly going to fail. We are going all in on switching to intermittent energy but we produce almost none of the stuff we need to do it. Tucker said that 80% of the global solar panels are now made in China...is that right? I know that we Americans failed spectacularly at the project.

Currently, the top five manufacturers of solar panels are:
1. Hanwha Q CELLS
2. Jinko Solar
3. Silfab Solar
4. Mission Solar
5. Solaria

Only TWO of them are in the States, Mission Solar, in San Antonio, TX. The closest not in the States is Solaria, headquartered in the SDTC. Silfab is based in Canada. They do have a manufacturing facility in Bellingham, WA.

These are panel manufacturers, not solar cell manufacturers. Those components are mostly made in Japan and China. A few in Taiwan (under threat of being taken over by China), and in Korea.
Panel manufacturers import solar cells and assemble them into panels, along with their associated wiring and mounting frame.

He's never right.

Bulverism fallacy. Tucker happens to be pretty accurate about this one. Most solar cells are manufactured in China. Some are also manufactured in Japan, Korea (south), and Taiwan.
Panels using them are manufactured in China, the SDTC, Canada, and in the States.

The best solar panel on the market right now is LG and it's made in Korea not China...

They will no longer be making them after 2022. They are getting out of the business.

As far as 'the best', one solar panel is pretty much like any other. They all use solar cells wired together, a frame, and may incorporate a voltage regulator built into the frame.
So if you want to say what is 'best', you are really just talking about the mounting frame.

He's never right.

I just re-listened to last nights show on Fox Nation.....he did say solar panels......he claims that over 80% of the worlds solar panels are made in China.

That is pretty clearly wrong. I dont know that he knows the difference between solar cells, solar modules, and solar panels.

They will no longer be making them after 2022. They are getting out of the business.

As far as 'the best', one solar panel is pretty much like any other. They all use solar cells wired together, a frame, and may incorporate a voltage regulator built into the frame.
So if you want to say what is 'best', you are really just talking about the mounting frame.

No, I'm talking about reliability and service life. LG is higher quality and lasts longer in service with fewer problems. Some of the cheap Chinese ones start to seriously degrade after as little as 7 years in service but are like 80%+ the cost of an LG panel to purchase.

No, I'm talking about reliability and service life. LG is higher quality and lasts longer in service with fewer problems. Some of the cheap Chinese ones start to seriously degrade after as little as 7 years in service but are like 80%+ the cost of an LG panel to purchase.

Doesn't matter. LG is getting out of the business this year.

All solar cells degrade. The cause is UV damage from the Sun (which, ironically, helps them to produce electricity!). Other factors include, mold, hail, sand, wind damage, snow and ice, land movement, and of course just plain old sunlight.

You will see the effects of degradation in as little as a few months. Some factors you can mitigate with regular maintenance, but others you cannot.

Oh. You have no argument. Why did I think you did?
I had no argument. You are right about that, but you were pretending to have knowledge of solar panels and were wrong. I provided you with the information hoping you could learn something.
Think? Is that what you call your routine typing patterns as thought?

1649116452878-png.965248

Back