Regarding Dixie

My bessie mate?

I understand that the petty nonsense she is talking about is childish. But that is what I have come to expect from some posters.

Yes, there are those who love to point fingers and try to get people banned. There are even those who try to bait people into it.

But if you don't type the words there is nothing to point fingers at.

True, no one could bait me into it.

Originally Posted by Dixie ...And Maineman's! Mainey likes the little boys!

BFD

I never agreed with a word Dixie said, and we couldn't be more different, but he is one of the very few who came here just to debate. The guy loved to debate, and he did it. You can make fun of him, I certainly did sometimes, you can call him an idiot, whatever, but that's what the guy came here for. In other words; he used this board for its intended purpose! Imagine that. Now he's gone. That's not something to be happy about and the board is worse off for it.

BFD

I never agreed with a word Dixie said, and we couldn't be more different, but he is one of the very few who came here just to debate. The guy loved to debate, and he did it. You can make fun of him, I certainly did sometimes, you can call him an idiot, whatever, but that's what the guy came here for. In other words; he used this board for its intended purpose! Imagine that. Now he's gone. That's not something to be happy about and the board is worse off for it.

Well said. I didn't agree with Dixie on most of what he posted. But I respected him for his posts and his attempts at staying on topic in debates.

And you are just as happy as you can be for having reported it, I'm sure.

How about putting as much effort into debate as you do into drama. And perhaps others will do the same.

I debate frequently. Except when I do, I get attacked with off topic slurs. And what makes you think I reported the post? I started a thread with a question. A thread that Dixie not only challenged the mods to ban him, but also doubled down on breaking the rules by saying Maineman wanted to rape his daughter.
?
I'd say Dixie got off light with only a week's ban.

And where were you when I was banned for a month for nothing which led to an apology from Damo?

I debate frequently. Except when I do, I get attacked with off topic slurs. And what makes you think I reported the post? I started a thread with a question. A thread that Dixie not only challenged the mods to ban him, but also doubled down on breaking the rules by saying Maineman wanted to rape his daughter.
?
I'd say Dixie got off light with only a week's ban.

And where were you when I was banned for a month for nothing which led to an apology from Damo?

Where was I? Probably arguing for a more civil discourse and being ridiculed for it.

Yes, I am sure you get slurs thrown at you. But I am also sure you stir the drama as much as they do.

My guess is, he did it for this sort of memorial service or the juvenile pleasure of showing that he was special and above the rules.

All things considered we gave Dixie a very light sentencing. His ban was for 7 days, even though he's know about our policy why we have this policy, how we enforce it, and how strictly we adhere to it.I argued for 60 days for him based on this.
It was Grind who argued for clemency because of Dixies otherwise spotless record.

If you guys don't like our rigid application of policy then you guys are free to petition us for a change.I honestly don't give two shits who says what about kids or anyone else, but if our policy is going to be strict I'm going to enforce it.

Actually, it wasn't "the lefties" who reported Dixie - it was me. I even wrote "1/3" into the remarks when I reported it. Then I joked that Dixie was "looking for a ban this morning."

It also didn't look as though Maineman tried at all to goad Dixie into doing it. Dixie just snapped. Obviously Howie was gleeful, but then I enjoy chaos and am gleeful whenever people break the rules, cuss at the Mods, feud with one another, etc.

Look at the end of the day dixie broke a rule that is very easy to avoid breaking. Dixie in the past has even been part of the conversations of thinking out loud of "wow how can anyone be so dumb to say something like that?"

Dixie in a provoking way goes "mainey likes the little boys!" (exclamation point and all) and he pretends as if that is an innocent comment? It's not, and you guys all know it's not.

But dixie is stubbron, and after my 10 years of knowing him he's never admitted once to being wrong, and he isn't going to start now.

We have that rule in place to nip discussions in the bud before they go further down the dark hole. It's not like you can accidentally say this stuff.

At the same time though I believe in what the community believes, so if there are those that think the rule should be done away with (I have seen some saying that) then maybe we should start a poll. I dunno.

Actually, it wasn't "the lefties" who reported Dixie - it was me. I even wrote "1/3" into the remarks when I reported it. Then I joked that Dixie was "looking for a ban this morning."

It also didn't look as though Maineman tried at all to goad Dixie into doing it. Dixie just snapped. Obviously Howie was gleeful, but then I enjoy chaos and am gleeful whenever people break the rules, cuss at the Mods, feud with one another, etc.

yeah, no one goaded dixie. Dixie said it on his own.

If you guys don't like our rigid application of policy then you guys are free to petition us for a change.I honestly don't give two shits who says what about kids or anyone else, but if our policy is going to be strict I'm going to enforce it.

It's fine the way it is. All of you do an excellent job.

I may have been gleeful, and trust me...there were some hilarious PM's going around (wink wink), but I really didn't want to be known as...

ready...

The Fag That Drove Ol' Dixie Down

Back