Repost Your Favorite Leftist Meltdown Thread Titles Here

We have received an anonymous letter saying that Cypress has done unspeakable things against teenage girls ... we will not reveal it until we find Cypress becomes some one of importance that we disagree with.

Nomination & Confirmation Process

The Process
The President usually will consult with Senators before announcing a nomination.

When the President nominates a candidate, the nomination is sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee for consideration.

The Senate Judiciary Committee holds a hearing on the nominee. The Committee usually takes a month to collect and receive all necessary records, from the FBI and other sources, about the nominee and for the nominee to be prepared for the hearings.

During the hearings, witnesses, both supporting and opposing the nomination, present their views. Senators question the nominee on his or her qualifications, judgment, and philosophy.

The Judiciary Committee then votes on the nomination and sends its recommendation (that it be confirmed, that it be rejected, or with no recommendation) to the full Senate.

The full Senate debates the nomination.

The Senate rules used to allow unlimited debate (a practice known as filibustering) and to end the debate, it required the votes of 3/5 of the Senate or 60 senators (known as the cloture vote). In April 2017, the Senate changed this rule and lowered the required votes to 51 to end debate on Supreme Court nominations (this is commonly known as "the nuclear option").

When the debate ends, the Senate votes on the nomination. A simple majority of the Senators present and voting is required for the judicial nominee to be confirmed. If there is a tie, the Vice President who also presides over the Senate casts the deciding vote.
http://guides.ll.georgetown.edu/c.php?g=365722&p=2471070

SCOTUS_appointment_flowchart.svg

Why are these items missing from the process?:
1. Claiming Privilege on Therapist’s Notes
2. Immediate Family Is Silent
3. Incomplete Polygraph Results
4. Bizarre Demands
5. A Bogus Fear of Flying

This can serve as your official warning.

Do not, in any way, shape, or form, insinuate that a poster here is a pedophile or has committed sexual crimes with a minor. Do it again and you'll be banned.

Drop the shit.

This can serve as your official warning.

Do not, in any way, shape, or form, insinuate that a poster here is a pedophile or has committed sexual crimes with a minor. Do it again and you'll be banned.

Drop the shit.

I apologize.

I have received No "anonymous letter" ---it does not exists. I could have easily selected another metaphor.

I lacked editorial tack and civility and neglect for the rules of the Board.

It is important that we agree, and that I be call me out for my error, that I trespassed the norms of decorum and propriety.

Last edited:
After all of the stages shown below were completed ...is when Ford appeared. Ford appeared at the conclusion of the Nomination & Confirmation Process.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Nomination & Confirmation Process

The Process
The President usually will consult with Senators before announcing a nomination.

When the President nominates a candidate, the nomination is sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee for consideration.

The Senate Judiciary Committee holds a hearing on the nominee. The Committee usually takes a month to collect and receive all necessary records, from the FBI and other sources, about the nominee and for the nominee to be prepared for the hearings.

During the hearings, witnesses, both supporting and opposing the nomination, present their views. Senators question the nominee on his or her qualifications, judgment, and philosophy.

The Judiciary Committee then votes on the nomination and sends its recommendation (that it be confirmed, that it be rejected, or with no recommendation) to the full Senate.

The full Senate debates the nomination.

The Senate rules used to allow unlimited debate (a practice known as filibustering) and to end the debate, it required the votes of 3/5 of the Senate or 60 senators (known as the cloture vote). In April 2017, the Senate changed this rule and lowered the required votes to 51 to end debate on Supreme Court nominations (this is commonly known as "the nuclear option").

When the debate ends, the Senate votes on the nomination. A simple majority of the Senators present and voting is required for the judicial nominee to be confirmed. If there is a tie, the Vice President who also presides over the Senate casts the deciding vote.
http://guides.ll.georgetown.edu/c.php?g=365722&p=2471070

SCOTUS_appointment_flowchart.svg

Why are these items missing from the process?:
1. Claiming Privilege on Therapist’s Notes
2. Immediate Family Is Silent
3. Incomplete Polygraph Results
4. Bizarre Demands
5. A Bogus Fear of Flying

Back