Resurection...

The message of Jesus has been on my mind this past weekend. I discussed it in detail this weekend with my kids.

Forgiveness. Gods unconditional love. Self Love. Being delivered from mistakes and forgiving those who trespass against us.

I explained to my kids that Jesus forgave the troops who tortured and killed him, because they were humans and by that deserving of his love. I explained that we are to emulate Jesus. Jesus forgave those who condemned him.

Also, Jesus was not afraid, he refused to compromise his message in exchange for less pain or a longer life. Jesus knew that life is only worth as much as we make it and fear of death (fear of anything) will diminish its value. Jesus knew life was not measured by a lack of suffering or by its length.

Finally one of the biggest messages Jesus brought was self forgiveness was necessary for a full life and that guilt, after one has admitted a mistake and made efforts to correct it, has no place in our world. Banish guilt and you will be more God like and live a more fulfilled life.

John 3:16, “FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

'For God so loved the WORLD"...NOT "the WORLD except for homosexuals".

Pretty simple actually.
It's simple if the Bible consisted of John 3:16 and nothing else. Unfortunately, for you, there's the rest of those pesky passages in there.

John 3:16, “FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

'For God so loved the WORLD"...NOT "the WORLD except for homosexuals".

Pretty simple actually.
LMAO Christianity, according to ZappyGetard. LMAO

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Reminds me of a story:

Jesus was walking outside the village when he came upon a crowd of villagers hurling insults and defamations at a woman before them. Jesus went between the woman and the crowd and asked what the controversy was about. Someone in the crowd called out that the woman was prostituting herself in the village, and that they were going to stone her to death. Jesus said: "Let one among you who is without sin cast the first stone." A woman in the crowd picked up a stone and hurled it at the fornicator. Then the rest of the crowd began to follow suit. Jesus ducked out of the way, and stood, horrified, as the crowd stoned the woman to death, leaving a crumpled and beaten body before them. Then they walked away, back to the village, except the woman in the crowd who had cast the first stone. Jesus looked at her and said: "Dammit Mother, sometimes you really piss me off!"

It would be nice if some of the holies looked into what the American military and their paid Zionists were doing to some of the actual children Jesus wanted to protect, rather than the potential ones they use to bully women.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Jesus didn't preach judgment. Jesus preached tolerance, empathy, understanding & forgiveness.

I swear - to look at the agenda of some religious righties, you'd expect that homosexuality is all Jesus talked about. You'd expect to open a Bible and see him railing against gay people from page 1 on.

He doesn't - at all. The correct answer is that Jesus himself said absolutely nothing about homosexuality, either way. I seriously doubt he cared, and I'm sure he'd care more about those who condemn it & persecute homosexuals for what they are clearly born as.

"Go forth and sin no more" is what the people Jesus saved were told. Jesus did not redefine sin from the OT, he himself remaineda jew after all. What he did was offer forgivness of sins but he did expect us to try and sin no more. As for judgement he reminds us that this is Gods job but we should try to get sin beaten back. Rightous indignation is fine. He ran the money changers from the temple as that was forbiden. Right and wrong did not change only consequences.

"Go forth and sin no more" is what the people Jesus saved were told. Jesus did not redefine sin from the OT, he himself remaineda jew after all. What he did was offer forgivness of sins but he did expect us to try and sin no more. As for judgement he reminds us that this is Gods job but we should try to get sin beaten back. Rightous indignation is fine. He ran the money changers from the temple as that was forbiden. Right and wrong did not change only consequences.
He was god, according to Christinity, he could run the money changers from the Temple, but he told his followers to judge not, turn the other cheek and love others as you love yourself.

He was god, according to Christinity, he could run the money changers from the Temple, but he told his followers to judge not, turn the other cheek and love others as you love yourself.

He was a rabbi so he could enforce temple rules but there is no toleration of sin.

He was a rabbi so he could enforce temple rules but there is no toleration of sin.

Do you fully understand what it implies to call Jesus a rabbi with Temple authority? The office did not become official till after the time of Jesus.

Do you realize that he was rebelling against the practices of the Temple, he wasn't enforcing Temple rules?

Jesus more appropriately would be a Sage.

Last edited:
Do you fully understand what it implies to call Jesus a rabbi with Temple authority? The office did not become official till after the time of Jesus.

Do you realize that he was rebelling against the practices of the Temple, he wasn't enforcing Temple rules?

Jesus more appropriately would be a Sage.
Yeah i do. Ill stick with my statement.

It says, 'Neither do I condemn you' in this particular case, in my book! Radical stuff for a rabbi?

The poster is aware that rabbi is a mistranslation by Christians, rabbi did not mean teacher at the time of Jesus. Moreh was the word for teacher.

It always amazes me the length some will go to split a hair. The most literal translation of rabbi is master or great one. The title also encompasses the idea of teacher. The speculation that as a title was not used in the time of Christ was dispelled after the discovery of an inscription pre 70 AD on an ossuary. The term didaskalos (teacher) which is the NT word used for Christ is the Greek equivalent of Rabbi.
http://faculty.gordon.edu/hu/bi/ted_hildebrandt/ntesources/ntarticles/gtj-nt/mare-ntrabbi-gtj-70.pdf

On the surface
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rabbi

And from the Greek
http://biblehub.com/greek/4461.htm

And of further interest
http://www.yourish.com/2008/01/24/4303

The message of Jesus has been on my mind this past weekend. I discussed it in detail this weekend with my kids.

Forgiveness. Gods unconditional love. Self Love. Being delivered from mistakes and forgiving those who trespass against us.

I explained to my kids that Jesus forgave the troops who tortured and killed him, because they were humans and by that deserving of his love. I explained that we are to emulate Jesus. Jesus forgave those who condemned him.

Also, Jesus was not afraid, he refused to compromise his message in exchange for less pain or a longer life. Jesus knew that life is only worth as much as we make it and fear of death (fear of anything) will diminish its value. Jesus knew life was not measured by a lack of suffering or by its length.

Finally one of the biggest messages Jesus brought was self forgiveness was necessary for a full life and that guilt, after one has admitted a mistake and made efforts to correct it, has no place in our world. Banish guilt and you will be more God like and live a more fulfilled life.

Sorry. You see, I can comprehend human beings who talk about the message of Jesus, but I cannot comprehend Jesus himself. I mean, Jesus according to the Bible was a good man. A philosopher. A poet. A man of many words, but when I think about Jesus I think about all the judgmental Christians who have twisted the good nature of Jesus' messages and have used those words to condemn people. Unfortunately, the notion of "only God can judge me" is only suitable to those who believe in the teachings of Christ. With respect to forgiveness I'll quote the following phrase: "God forgives, I don't."

Back