RIP Neal Peart

Bob Dylan is a bad singer. Keith Richards is a bad singer. Lou Reed is a bad singer. Mark Knofler is a bad singer. All of them have about half an octave in vocal range and struggle to stay in tune.

People either hate or like Geddy Lee's vocals, but I do not think he is necessarily a bad singer. In his heyday he had a three octave range and generally sang in tune. His voice is what it is, it obviously works for Rush but some people cannot stand it.

if you are NOT BORN with the tools its pretty hard to overcome

yes there are singers who have the tools but I don't like the sound

In example heavy metal singers

some of those peeps have amazing voices

I hate the growl

I JUST CANT MAKE MYSELF LIKE IT

it sounds like voice destruction to me and I cant hear anything else when I listen to it

if you are NOT BORN with the tools its pretty hard to overcome

yes there are singers who have the tools but I don't like the sound

In example heavy metal singers

some of those peeps have amazing voices

I hate the growl

I JUST CANT MAKE MYSELF LIKE IT

it sounds like voice destruction to me and I cant hear anything else when I listen to it

I get it.

It took me a while to come around to Geddy Lee's voice. For a long time, I did not like it.

At some point it began to seem to me that his voice, in some weird way, just fit in perfectly with what Rush was doing. As weird as his voice is, there is an urgency and tenacity to it that just fits with their style, imo. In hindsight, I cannot imagine the album "2112" sounding as good as if a baritone like Paul Rogers, Bono, John Lennon, or John Fogarty sang it.

But it all comes down to a matter of personal taste. I get why some people hate Geddy's voice. I used to be one of them.

I get it.

It took me a while to come around to Geddy Lee's voice. For a long time, I did not like it.

At some point it began to seem to me that his voice, in some weird way, just fit in perfectly with what Rush was doing. As weird as his voice is, there is an urgency and tenacity to it that just fits with their style, imo. In hindsight, I cannot imagine the album "2112" sounding as good as if a baritone like Paul Rogers, Bono, John Lennon, or John Fogarty sang it.

But it all comes down to a matter of personal taste. I get why some people hate Geddy's voice. I used to be one of them.

reagansghost

is banned from my threads illegally

the mod who is doing this needs to be fired and banned

SHE IS HELPING NOW

WHEN SHE SEES IT A MOD WILL DAMO FIRE AND BAN THE MOD WHO DID IT

OR DOES GRIND OWN THIS SITE LIKE THEY HAVE DENIED FOR YEARS

STFU bitch ! You don’t know anything about me ! And you have “ Russo bot holes “ up your ass !

fuck off the world hates you racists

we will stomp you into the gutter and kick you racists back into the sewer where you belong

you will be back to using a turd as a pillow and having rats as cell mates

fuck off the world hates you racists

we will stomp you into the gutter and kick you racists back into the sewer where you belong

you will be back to using a turd as a pillow and having rats as cell mates

You are just an angry black person .... get over it !

With Rush it did become a bit of a anomaly as they were all very talented instrumentalists and Peart was a great lyricist.

Peart was a great drummer and no mistake but John Bonham was a sheer genius in my opinion. Witness the way Jimmy Page and he interact on Kashmir. The drumbeat is in 4/4 and the strings play in 3/4, this gives an edgy unresolved quality to the sound which only resolves itself on every 12th beat where the strong beat of the strings align with the strong beat of the drums.

Last edited:
how can you shits claim you are not racist when you keep saying racist shit?

because you are not real humans

its a Russian talking point

any American who falls for this crap is dumber than fuck

Yeh the others hate your guts and with very good reason!!

^^ Translation: “I really wish everyone hated Cypress and wished him dead like I do!”

See my standard response for racists, dunces, and libelers:
>> https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...pier-than-everyone-else&p=2381714#post2381714

The emotional problems of rightwing posters I do not know and will never meet from an obscure message board is of no consequence to me.

With a substantial amount of life experience under my belt, I have found there are generally only three core, underlying reasons a dude could hate another dude:

1) Money - property
2) Females – women - sex
3) A humiliating loss of face - an intolerable feeling of inferiority

If you or anyone else has spent a decade consumed with unrelenting hate for me, I would take these issues up with a mental health counselor. It will probably be covered under Obamacare!!

Bob Dylan is a bad singer. Keith Richards is a bad singer. Lou Reed is a bad singer. Mark Knofler is a bad singer. All of them have about half an octave in vocal range and struggle to stay in tune.

People either hate or like Geddy Lee's vocals, but I do not think he is necessarily a bad singer. In his heyday he had a three octave range and generally sang in tune. His voice is what it is, it obviously works for Rush but some people cannot stand it.

Back in the day I read a Rolling Stone critic that said Geddy Lee’s voice sounded like a Tom cat being castrated with a blow torch. I was like Oooooooo. That’s gonna leave a mark.

Back in the day I read a Rolling Stone critic that said Geddy Lee’s voice sounded like a Tom cat being castrated with a blow torch. I was like Oooooooo. That’s gonna leave a mark.

But can you imagine "2112" being sung by Kurt Cobain, Mick Jagger, Roger Daltry, or Eddie Vedder?

Neither can I!

Back