road bikes

I've got a $500 K2 that I used for a couple years just sitting around. My wife started riding and I bought a hybrid schwinn for about half that.
I've got a Harley Iron in the garage as well.

bikes are for losers

uh huh...sure grind

Oakley-Lance-Armstrong3.jpg

$40 bucks and shipping you can have the $500 bike.

I'm lucky to get my 50 yr old ass on the schwinn.
or shipping and the promise of a spliff if I'm ever your way in cali

I've got a $500 K2 that I used for a couple years just sitting around. My wife started riding and I bought a hybrid schwinn for about half that.
I've got a Harley Iron in the garage as well.

Doesn't K2 just make mountain bikes?

Also... what size is it?

This is ridiculous, mott. If you ever buy a 1000 dollar fucking bike you are an idiot. IT'S A FUCKING BICYCLE.

depends on how often you ride it. I have about 14k on mine.

assuming 25 mpg that equates to 560 gallons of gas at $2.50 per gallon...

$1400 equivalent

watermark even though bikes are for losers, that are plenty of reasons to spend 1k on a bike. the frame, the wheels, all can help with riding

Yeah. Just like spending 1000 dollars on an audio wire makes the thing sound so much clearer.
Depends on your port connectors, wire gauge (which is in turn detrmined by your power output and system), and naturally length of wire.

This is ridiculous, mott. If you ever buy a 1000 dollar fucking bike you are an idiot. IT'S A FUCKING BICYCLE.
Oh shit that's nothing. A carbon custom time trial bike can for around $10,000 or more. A top end custom bike with Dura Ace or Campy Record is going to cost at least $7000 and probably weighs less then 15 lbs. It all depends on what your into. A typical gym membership at a decent gym will cost you $600 to $1000/year. A good road bike will last you 20 years or more so if you ride regularly over that time, there a great value actually.

Oh shit that's nothing. A carbon custom time trial bike can for around $10,000 or more. A top end custom bike with Dura Ace or Campy Record is going to cost at least $7000 and probably weighs less then 15 lbs. It all depends on what your into. A typical gym membership at a decent gym will cost you $600 to $1000/year. A good road bike will last you 20 years or more so if you ride regularly over that time, there a great value actually.
Dude my Ballys membership only costs $350 a year. I mean I'm not disparaging you for being a bike rider or spending that much, but a gym membership at a good gym can be a fuck load cheaper. Oh and stay the fuck off the road. That's what sidewalks are for :)

Dude my Ballys membership only costs $350 a year. I mean I'm not disparaging you for being a bike rider or spending that much, but a gym membership at a good gym can be a fuck load cheaper. Oh and stay the fuck off the road. That's what sidewalks are for :)

the gym is good, i use it, however, i'm not into uber body building and riding or running stationary gets boring, the whole point of staying fit is to find hobbies/sports you like....cycling is one that i've always frowned on, but, had a neighbor who was into it and he convinced me to try it out....its awesome and man, it burns serious calories, plus you meet people and in some lines of work, meeting people is important.....as to the road....learn to share :clink:

bike-lanes.jpg

I do my cardio on the indoor track or occasionally the pool. And as for sharing the road, I do. They have the sidewalk. I don't drive on that, they don't ride on my road. And if you DO ride on my road, follow the rules of said road. Applicable speed limits, all your safety equipment, stopping at stop signs and lights, use hand signals to turn, etc. I NEVER see any bike rider around here do any of that. All they do is take up space and prevent me from passing. Luckily for my blood pressure, I have a loud speaker in my car now.

Back