Road rager

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
I did a lot of driving last week and part of that was the new I73 south of High Point. Late morning so little traffic. Speed limit 65, and I've got my cruise set at 7 over, making good time.

I catch up with a guy in the left lane doing about 3 or 4 over, and he's "pacing" the guy in the right lane, so I have to slow done and then get behind him by about 2 seconds. He's in an older Toyota SUV, probably a 4 Runner or something like that, back when they were small. I had one for a very short while, I got in a trade, and its anemic 4 cylinder engine was a joke.

S l o w l y he passes the guy, then speeds up. I hit "resume" and I match his speed, now 5 over, about 3-4 seconds behind him.

He approaches another car in the right lane, and again, slows down, and e v e r s o s l o w l y, passes him, then, like before, speeds up to 5 over.

Seeing a pattern here, I move over to the right lane and accelerate back up to 7 over, then 8, then 9, then 10. Leftists reacts to this by speeding up along with me, attempting to box me in a third time as we approach another car on the right. So I pick it quickly to 80 and get in front of him.

At this point I am doing 15 over, kept at it for a minute or so, and there isn't a car in sight ahead of me. Leftist is far behind me now. So I hit "resume" and once again settle into 7 over.

But I'm not moving from the left lane.

About a minute passes and Leftist has finally caught up with me. Instead of 5 over like he was driving he's decided to match my speed of 7 over. All well and good, but he has his front bumper practically buried in the back of my Jeep.

I ignored him, stayed in the left lane the entire time, and this went on for 50 miles.

I-73/74/75/77--whichever you want to call the grand scheme, will fall apart when it hits I-81. Virginia just refuses to do what it needs to do to upgrade infrastructure on that end of the state once it touches I-81. It would be a drug corridor when completed, so not really complaining. People get so turned around on the lower end of 81 because it has so many numbers, and that crazy ass stretch where both sides are labeled both northbound and southbound depending in which road you are ultimately intending to stay on. Good to hear NC us at least doing their part of the construction.

Avoid clustermesses @ all costs. "Get away from stupid packs". Always double recommended following distances (1 car length for every 10 mph). Do not let hiways be dieways. It is up to you. The interstates are proof of the stupid sickness in the land: "it is raining, I must pull over and stop".

I ran into a road rager a few weeks back. He tried pulling a Grind stunt on me. I was driving back from the other side of the State in my little Miata. I’m on a rural road with lots of curves and having a blast driving around 70. Somewhere along the way a Chevy Silverado pulls out onto the road. Before he can get up to speed I’m right behind him in his slip stream so I down shift and execute the pass about 50 ft from a double switch back set of curves. Mr. Silverado stomps on the gas and starts leaning on his horn heading into the curves trying to prevent me from passing him. Which didn’t work out well for him as he about drove off the road trying to cut me off.

So I just blow by him on the curve and accelerate to 80. This guy keeps leaning on his horn and and accelerates up to about a car length behind me. So I keep accelerating just to see how fast he was willing Gail me. So I took it up too 100 before he dropped back. About that time we came up on another curve and again he about drove his truck off the road trying to close the gap. This guy proceeds to repeat this over the next 20 miles when we hit a t intersection and I dropped him.

But I was impressed by how much getting passed pissed him off.

Avoid clustermesses @ all costs. "Get away from stupid packs". Always double recommended following distances (1 car length for every 10 mph). Do not let hiways be dieways. It is up to you. The interstates are proof of the stupid sickness in the land: "it is raining, I must pull over and stop".

Okay gomie.

I ran into a road rager a few weeks back. He tried pulling a Grind stunt on me. I was driving back from the other side of the State in my little Miata. I’m on a rural road with lots of curves and having a blast driving around 70. Somewhere along the way a Chevy Silverado pulls out onto the road. Before he can get up to speed I’m right behind him in his slip stream so I down shift and execute the pass about 50 ft from a double switch back set of curves. Mr. Silverado stomps on the gas and starts leaning on his horn heading into the curves trying to prevent me from passing him. Which didn’t work out well for him as he about drove off the road trying to cut me off.

So I just blow by him on the curve and accelerate to 80. This guy keeps leaning on his horn and and accelerates up to about a car length behind me. So I keep accelerating just to see how fast he was willing Gail me. So I took it up too 100 before he dropped back. About that time we came up on another curve and again he about drove his truck off the road trying to close the gap. This guy proceeds to repeat this over the next 20 miles when we hit a t intersection and I dropped him.

But I was impressed by how much getting passed pissed him off.

I taught an Audi a lesson with this last week :)

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 7

giphy.gif

Sweet! Nice roadster. What make is it?

I love my little Miata. It is soooo fun to drive. Affordable to own and eminently tunable and customizable too.

I spent $9k on my NC Miata. Stock it has 167 brake hp. I had a supercharger and intercooler and a new water pump installed and replaced the clutch, transmission plate, sway bars, shock and springs with beefier parts. I also replaced the brakes with Brilstein brakes. I have a set of Firestone summer tires on it. After tuning the engine the little fucker kicks out about 210 hp which is quite a bit of power for a 2300# car. Performance wise she’s on par with a Porsche Boxter, Honda S2000 or a BMW Z3. In all I spent $7k on upgrades for a total cost of $16k. I haven’t had to drop a dime on it since then and that was 2 years ago.

Out on the back roads I can beat a lot of cars by simply superior handling. Not only that but it’s a blast to drive as your constantly engaged. Not bad at all for only $16k.

I did a lot of driving last week and part of that was the new I73 south of High Point. Late morning so little traffic. Speed limit 65, and I've got my cruise set at 7 over, making good time.

I catch up with a guy in the left lane doing about 3 or 4 over, and he's "pacing" the guy in the right lane, so I have to slow done and then get behind him by about 2 seconds. He's in an older Toyota SUV, probably a 4 Runner or something like that, back when they were small. I had one for a very short while, I got in a trade, and its anemic 4 cylinder engine was a joke.

S l o w l y he passes the guy, then speeds up. I hit "resume" and I match his speed, now 5 over, about 3-4 seconds behind him.

He approaches another car in the right lane, and again, slows down, and e v e r s o s l o w l y, passes him, then, like before, speeds up to 5 over.

Seeing a pattern here, I move over to the right lane and accelerate back up to 7 over, then 8, then 9, then 10. Leftists reacts to this by speeding up along with me, attempting to box me in a third time as we approach another car on the right. So I pick it quickly to 80 and get in front of him.

At this point I am doing 15 over, kept at it for a minute or so, and there isn't a car in sight ahead of me. Leftist is far behind me now. So I hit "resume" and once again settle into 7 over.

But I'm not moving from the left lane.

About a minute passes and Leftist has finally caught up with me. Instead of 5 over like he was driving he's decided to match my speed of 7 over. All well and good, but he has his front bumper practically buried in the back of my Jeep.

I ignored him, stayed in the left lane the entire time, and this went on for 50 miles.

Sadly idiot's like that are the reason for road rage.

I had a supercharger and intercooler and a new water pump installed and replaced the clutch, transmission plate, sway bars, shock and springs with beefier parts. I also replaced the brakes with Brilstein brakes. I have a set of Firestone summer tires on it. After tuning the engine the little fucker kicks out about 210 hp which is quite a bit of power for a 2300# car. Performance wise she’s on par with a Porsche Boxter, Honda S2000 or a BMW Z3. In all I spent $7k on upgrades for a total cost of $16k.

That's pretty good, being able to do a supercharger for that. A kit for my Pentastar-equipped Jeep, now being developed, modified from te Challenger upgrade, is $6k for the delivered box of parts. :palm:

Back