Rock n Roll HoF gets it right this year!

The Blacksmith and the Artist reflect it in their art
To forge their creativity closer to the heart.

Rush rocks

Last edited:
Deep Purple is stupid? Look, I know you are young but Deep Purple was one of the defining bands of their era. Machine Head was in almost every rocker's album collection.
Not to mention influential. Tell me one rocker that one of the first songs they learned to play was "Smoke on the water".

Deep Puprle was the first concert my late brother went too. He was only 15 at the time. I wasn't allowed to go cause at 13 my parents said I was to young. Boy was I pissed.

I listen to neither of those so it'd be kinda of a waste of time if either of them were inducted.

Maybe...then again if it wasn't for you people in your late 60's, Hee Haw wouldn't have had the success that it had nor would've Barberella Queen of the Galaxy ever been made - so there's that.

Sample songs from the 40's and 50's.

Mutha-fuck'n "Short People" yo!

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame also inducted Public Enemy...the god damned Four Seasons were inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, that's a clue that signifies just how irrelevant it is as an institution.

I'm more of a Blues fan anyways...I would put money on it that the Black Keys finds it's way into the HoF though.

Rush: Alright, they've earned their due, more so if Gene Pitney can make, so too should Rush.

Heart: Whatever...

Joan Jett and the Black Hearts: Good for her.

Deep Purple: Stupid.

Public Enemy: lol, fuck'n Flava Flav - did you know that he shagged that big Danish bitch Bridget Nelson?

Donna Summers: Who? That "love to love you baby" chick? Stupid.
Yea.... Flava Flav in the RnR HoF? Go figure. As for Donna Summers. She was a disco queen and I hated disco but when I was in high school I was desperately in lust with her. Man she was hot!!! When all the other white guys had posters of Farah Fawcet and Lynda Carter, I had Donna Summers. I took a lot of flack back then for having the hots for a black chick.

geddys voice is guess not very listenable to me
Well then kick back and listen to Neal play the drums.

So much for your "boring" crack. What I like about this video is that the audience reaction is pretty much what it was like when I saw them (4 times in the 70's and 80's). I've only ever been to three concerts where I never sat down during the entire show. Rush, AC/DC and Bruce Springsteen. Man, talk about high energy.

I think there are still quite a few travesties remaining....

Chicago

Yes

Cheap Trick

Joe Cocker

Bill Withers

Barry White

Steppenwolf

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Cat Stevens

The Cars

Bad Company

The Commodores

Def Leppard

Kiss!!!!!

Deep Purple is stupid? Look, I know you are young but Deep Purple was one of the defining bands of their era. Machine Head was in almost every rocker's album collection.

To each his or own WinterBorn - my two cents is that Deep Purple making the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is stupid when Mississippi John Hurt or Son House haven't been inducted yet.

Music is as subjective as it gets.

Forget that, how can you include Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and snub fucking KISS???

Yeah, I suppose Joan Jett is just a notch above that damned 99 luftballoons song by Nena - and if Nena ain't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame then neither should Joan Jett and her minions be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Does the R&R HoF have something against Jews? I would've thought Kiss would've made it before Martha and the Vandellas.

Eh, the RRHoF is....well it's all politics. Ton of good bands left out, ton of shitty ones let in. It's the Nobel Peace Prize of music.

Yea.... Flava Flav in the RnR HoF? Go figure. As for Donna Summers. She was a disco queen and I hated disco but when I was in high school I was desperately in lust with her. Man she was hot!!! When all the other white guys had posters of Farah Fawcet and Lynda Carter, I had Donna Summers. I took a lot of flack back then for having the hots for a black chick.

See, I actually like her for her music. Disco fucking kicks ass!! :woot:

Forget that, how can you include Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and snub fucking KISS???
Yea, I agree. Though I certainly think Joan (Man she is still hot and still rocking. The woman is ageless.) belongs but Kiss not being there is a travesty (pretty much like Rush not being in there a long time ago). I mean all you have to do is listen to a modern heavy metal band and Kiss's influence is written all over the place. However, sooner or later they'll be inducted.

Some of the RnR HoF selections are just plain nutty considering the far more deserving performers out there. Public Enemy and Flava Flav? I don't get that one.

Yeah, I suppose Joan Jett is just a notch above that damned 99 luftballoons song by Nena - and if Nena ain't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame then neither should Joan Jett and her minions be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Does the R&R HoF have something against Jews? I would've thought Kiss would've made it before Martha and the Vandellas.
:good4u: Fuck your shit. Tell me she don't belong? Dude!

That's a 52 YO woman rocken there and she could kick your lilly white ass. (BTW, anyone recognise the guy she hugs on the street?)

Back