Rock n Roll HoF gets it right this year!

See, I actually like her for her music. Disco fucking kicks ass!! :woot:
I got beat up in high school for wearing a "Disco Sucks" t-shirt.

Younger folks don't understand why my generation....who lived through the disco craze....hated that shit so much. It wasn't the music so much. I mean all these years later I can hear a disco song and not want to upchuck but back during the disco craze for two fucking years that shit took over the air waves. All the radio stations, country, rock, easy listening, classics, etc, all, every fucking one of them switched to a disco format. The only music you heard on TV or Radio or in night clubs was Disco, Disco, Disco, fuck even the Stones put out a Disco album. If you wanted to listen to anything but Disco....for two whole freaken years, you had to go out and buy what ever it was you wanted to listen too. It didn't take to long and many, many people went from mild annoyance, to displeasure to complete loathing to absolute hate for Disco music. Then....mercifully.....it died!

Last edited:
I guess some of you people just don't know how to dance, or... "get down tonight!!" :cool:

That's cool, I went out to the club on disco night and BAM! :3d:

:good4u: Fuck your shit. Tell me she don't belong? Dude!

That's a 52 YO woman rocken there and she could kick your lilly white ass. (BTW, anyone recognise the guy she hugs on the street?)

Dude, she looks like she's needs to go back into rehab (I don't know if she's ever really been to rehab, she's just got that look)...I'd snap her neck like a twig if push came to shove. It's not that she does or doesn't belong just that there's a whole lot of better artists that should've been inducted before her.

Besides, that chubby chick from Morningwood rocks harder than Joan Jett...so suck it Hoople...

LOL @ Morningwood!

Look, nothing against Joan Jett, but to try and argue she is more deserving of this honor than Kiss, is laughable. Or any number of other rock and roll legends, what about Steppenwolf, Cheap Trick, The Cars, Bill Withers, Stevie Ray? I mean come on, I'd put Cat Stephens or Chicago in there before Joan Jett!

I mean, the bulk of their work is 3 simple power chords played with heavy distortion, and her vocals.

Why not induct Josie and the Pussycats?

LOL @ Morningwood!

Look, nothing against Joan Jett, but to try and argue she is more deserving of this honor than Kiss, is laughable. Or any number of other rock and roll legends, what about Steppenwolf, Cheap Trick, The Cars, Bill Withers, Stevie Ray? I mean come on, I'd put Cat Stephens or Chicago in there before Joan Jett!

I mean, the bulk of their work is 3 simple power chords played with heavy distortion, and her vocals.

Why not induct Josie and the Pussycats?
Don't forget the Doobie Brothers. Saw them and Chicago at a double billing at the State Fair this year. Great show. Both eminantly worthy. It's always been a criticism of the induction committee a bunch of middle age white guys from Manhatten who are pretty fucking clueless about Rock music. Half the nobodies from Time Squares that no one has ever heard of are in the RnR HoF. It's like the music stops outside of Manhattan.

Having said that. I don't begrudge Joan her induction but that doesn't discount your point either.

Dude, she looks like she's needs to go back into rehab (I don't know if she's ever really been to rehab, she's just got that look)...I'd snap her neck like a twig if push came to shove. It's not that she does or doesn't belong just that there's a whole lot of better artists that should've been inducted before her.

Besides, that chubby chick from Morningwood rocks harder than Joan Jett...so suck it Hoople...

Not a bad tune. Joan would approve.

Not a bad tune. Joan would approve.

Personally I think Gwen Stefani (Sublime/No Doubt Gwen Stefani - not the teeny bopper rap Hollerback girl Gwen Stefani) is about an eight or nine so it was difficult choosing that Morningwood chick over her but I believe it was the right thing to do even if I don't agree with it due to an admitted bias.

Joan Jett? Might as well induct that 99 Luftballoons hooker next year if that's the standard these days...

The HOF is such a sham, but they're trying to repair their rep w/ some of these overdue inductees. People either get Rush or they don't, but if you get them, they were extremely important to you - and hugely influential. No question they deserve a spot, as does Heart.

Joan Jett didn't do much from an artistic standpoint, but she was deserving in terms of the trail she blazed for women in rock, and for that wonderful sneer.

The HOF is such a sham, but they're trying to repair their rep w/ some of these overdue inductees. People either get Rush or they don't, but if you get them, they were extremely important to you - and hugely influential. No question they deserve a spot, as does Heart.

Joan Jett didn't do much from an artistic standpoint, but she was deserving in terms of the trail she blazed for women in rock, and for that wonderful sneer.

She had gritty, hard biting lyrics that talked about social issues such as child abuse.

Back