Ron Paul

Economic growth should be tied to specific resources. Just like life. Abstracting it is what makes people dependant upon lies and violence.
It is, the monetary value is based on what you can purchase with it, things. It is also how the measure of inflation is taken, what you can purchase with the amount of money you have. If it is "gold" currency, that same system is used to value the money and to count inflation.

I'm wondering why you don't advocate returning to the barter system, you exchange something of value for something of value.

I use the barter system quite a bit. I am now due a ~ 500 lb steer soon for hay I delievered last winter.. Yum YUM tasty :D Have to buy a new freezer though.

Last edited:
It is, the monetary value is based on what you can purchase with it, things. It is also how the measure of inflation is taken, what you can purchase with the amount of money you have. If it is "gold" currency, that same system is used to value the money and to count inflation.

I'm wondering why you don't advocate returning to the barter system, you exchange something of value for something of value.

I do think it's good. maybe inconvenient at times. I was approaching that when i said "currency should be indexed against a mix tangible goods" or something like that.

The problem is that the elities are too addicted to the statist power of the system as it is.

Back