Rune's Ancestors

That's only because everyone still loves Edward the Confessor. The reason I am splitting hairs is actually mostly my own fault. Rune pointed out that the Vikings became kings of England and I posted that it didn't matter much because the current monarchy was established under the Norman conquest. Then I was like, well, fuck, technically they were Vikings as well, even though we tend to think of the Danes as Viking conquerors and the Normans as French conquerors.

Here is the Royal family tree from the present day back to Alfred the Great.

http://www.britroyals.com/royaltree.htm

I love how many of these aren't followed in my beloved Seattle. We are notiously passive-aggressive, and viewed as cold by outsiders. As such, we are rarely ever direct or aggressive (we prefer to go behind your back, obviously). We are never prepared (even for the rain, especially for the heat), we constantly make promises we can't keep, etc. A lot of these are group oriented, which, again passive-aggressive people don't pull those off very well.

Our city planning used to be phenominal back in the 50s-70s, such as with the Seattle World's Fair. Thankfully, we have built up some pretty damn fine businesses (provided those businesses don't market a sport) since the coming of the 80s, but our city planning is crap, and our transportation infrastructure is crumbling.

Yeah, Seattle has been on its way down the shitter since the 80s. And now they have 15,000+ new assholes moving into Ballard and SLU, as though we don't have enough transportation issues. Even if the fuckers don't drive, they'll arrogantly clog the road with their bicycles. Fuck 'em.

Speaking of Ballard, I just went to Archie McPhees, and they are officially no longer marketing Free Ballard bumper stickers. It was a crushing defeat in my goal to acquire some for my car. Since they are technically located in Wallingford, they feel disconnected and are drawing back on their Ballard identity stuff. Apparently, there is a nearby business that is closing which specialized in stickers called Not A Number, and they will be liquidating this month. Guess I will have to check it out...

Back