Scumbag Misogyny Masquerading As Comedy

CanceledB

Banned
Daniel Tosh Jokes About Seeing a Heckler Get Gang Raped

osenberg on Jul 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I’m not sure I expect better from comedian Daniel Tosh, but this story of a woman who saw him on a bill at the Laugh Factory (where, it should be noted, she got through a Dane Cook set just fine, lest anyone want to accuse her of oversensitivity) and ended up having to hear him talk about how hilarious it would be if she got gang-raped is…dispiriting:

So Tosh then starts making some very generalizing, declarative statements about rape jokes always being funny, how can a rape joke not be funny, rape is hilarious, etc. I don’t know why he was so repetitive about it but I felt provoked because I, for one, DON’T find them funny and never have. So I didnt appreciate Daniel Tosh (or anyone!) telling me I should find them funny. So I yelled out, “Actually, rape jokes are never funny!”

I did it because, even though being “disruptive” is against my nature, I felt that sitting there and saying nothing, or leaving quietly, would have been against my values as a person and as a woman. I don’t sit there while someone tells me how I should feel about something as profound and damaging as rape.

After I called out to him, Tosh paused for a moment. Then, he says, “Wouldn’t it be funny if that girl got raped by like, 5 guys right now? Like right now? What if a bunch of guys just raped her…”

Now, I don’t know what jokes Tosh was telling specifically, but judging by, say, this routine, where the joke is that his sister gets raped after he replaces her pepper spray with silly string and her reaction is that he pulled a good one, I’d imagine it wasn’t particularly thoughtful or analytical:

(the rest can be found in the lined title)

Most of the men here will defend this, trust me. She spoke up about his rape jokes and then in retaliation, he aimed those rape jokes at her specifically. Most of the men here, certainly the ones who mod it, don't like it when the bitch talks back.

Most of the men here will defend this, trust me. She spoke up about his rape jokes and then in retaliation, he aimed those rape jokes at her specifically. Most of the men here, certainly the ones who mod it, don't like it when the bitch talks back.

Dixie's still trying to defend his remarks from yesterday. It was all just a 'game', right? Then he tries to couch it in 'getting under the skin of a liberal'.

Which just goes to show that the knuckle-dragging scumbags from the GOP tent will stoop to anything.

Dixie's still trying to defend his remarks from yesterday. It was all just a 'game', right? Then he tries to couch it in 'getting under the skin of a liberal'.

Which just goes to show that the knuckle-dragging scumbags from the GOP tent will stoop to anything.

Is he? I haven't even gotten to that thread yet.

I chuckled.

Also, this isn't a War Zone thread. I'm not going to move it, because I don't care, but for future reference.

Also, this isn't a War Zone thread. I'm not going to move it, because I don't care, but for future reference.

WTF are you babbling about? Are women not permitted to put up threads about misogyny without being moved to the war zone now? Put it wherever you want to, who gives a shit. Don't forget to not notice things like "go fuck yourself with a razor blade cunt face" and not move them.

Make sure you stay on the girls Billy. That's a good job for you.

WTF are you babbling about? Are women not permitted to put up threads about misogyny without being moved to the war zone now? Put it wherever you want to, who gives a shit. Don't forget to not notice things like "go fuck yourself with a razor blade cunt face" and not move them.

Oh my bad on this, I thought you were threatening to move this to the war zone, I didn't notice Bijou had started it here. I apologize.

Darla, you're clearly insane. I said this thread

DOES NOT

Belong in the War Zone. As in this would have been fine in CE or OT.

Back