SEC

They didn't exactly show that on the field. Ohio State proved my point. The Big 12 was over rated this year.

BTW, I bet 3 games against the spread on the Big 12 and won all 3. I bet on Florida, OSU and Oregon. :p

SEC wasn't nearly as good as they were last year but we don't have a tournament to prove that, unfortunately.

Well the SEC will never completely have my respect until they show they can play the game outside of their back yard.

The last two years Alabama has scheduled Clemson and FL State. These schedules are written years in advance. We didn't know those two teams would suck.

This year, the SEC teams:

Arkansas had Texas @ Texas.

Georgia had Arizona State @ ASU

Florida played Hawaii and Miami.

TN played UCLA @ UCLA

SC played Clemson @ Clemson

So we play big name teams from all over and go all over. The fact that, in any given year, more of our conference is ranked than is unranked means we have plenty of tough games.

Ohio State played Youngstown State, Troy, and Purdue, all at home. So its not as if you didn't have your share of cushy games.

This "you don't play any good non-conference teams" is simply nonsense.

And just as an FYI, as long as the SEC is winning more bowls and NC than anyone else, your "complete respect" is probably not much of a goal.

The last two years Alabama has scheduled Clemson and FL State. These schedules are written years in advance. We didn't know those two teams would suck.

This year, the SEC teams:

Arkansas had Texas @ Texas.

Georgia had Arizona State @ ASU

Florida played Hawaii and Miami.

TN played UCLA @ UCLA

SC played Clemson @ Clemson

So we play big name teams from all over and go all over. The fact that, in any given year, more of our conference is ranked than is unranked means we have plenty of tough games.

Ohio State played Youngstown State, Troy, and Purdue, all at home. So its not as if you didn't have your share of cushy games.

This "you don't play any good non-conference teams" is simply nonsense.

And just as an FYI, as long as the SEC is winning more bowls and NC than anyone else, your "complete respect" is probably not much of a goal.

Who said anything about non-conferance or cushy schedules. I was talking about the SEC playing Bowl games in their back yards. Playing in the shoe in winter is nothing to laugh. Ya'll should come up and try it some time.

and that's something to Give OSU kudos about. We're not afraid to schedule an away game at Southern California or Texas but SEC teams won't schedule non-conferance games with OSU because the refuse to schedule home and home games with the Buckeyes. At least USC and Texas have the balls to do that.

Why won't SEC teams come up North to play? What are they afraid of?

and that's something to Give OSU kudos about. We're not afraid to schedule an away game at Southern California or Texas but SEC teams won't schedule non-conferance games with OSU because the refuse to schedule home and home games with the Buckeyes. At least USC and Texas have the balls to do that.

Why won't SEC teams come up North to play? What are they afraid of?

First you talk about how hard it is to play up north, then you talk about OSU playing at USC and at Texas. Not exactly snow central, are they?

The cold is tough to play in. But the heat & humidity will knock a player out quicker. And playing in August and September in the south will take more out of a team.

But you want to know why we don't come north to play? Because we don't have to.

you got your ass handed to you and it is a moral victory that OHIO SLOW wasn't afraid to go there. Tulane wasn't afraid to play BAMA and did ok. OHIO slow is a little better than Tulane. LOL

Back