APP - should e-cigarettes be treated to the same restrictions as regular cigarettes?

should e-cigarettes be treated to the same restrictions as regular cigarettes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cite your source. There is no combustion, hence no products of combustion.

there has to be oxidation (combustion) or where does the heat to vaporize the nicotine come from?

do all of the 'heated' chemicals get inhaled by the 'smoker'?

are there any obnoxious by products that will be inhaled by nonsmokers nearby?

where are the studies that answer these questions and who conducted them?

there has to be oxidation (combustion) or where does the heat to vaporize the nicotine come from?

do all of the 'heated' chemicals get inhaled by the 'smoker'?

are there any obnoxious by products that will be inhaled by nonsmokers nearby?

where are the studies that answer these questions and who conducted them?

Water vaporizes at 100 degrees. Electric cigs use small electric heaters to raise the temp of the liquid by approximately 73 degrees.

There is no combustion, nor need for it.

Unfortunately E-cigs are regulated by the BATF, the single most corrupt agency in the history of the western world, so there are no studies, nor will there be, unless they are conducted by independent parties.

Water vaporizes at 100 degrees. Electric cigs use small electric heaters to raise the temp of the liquid by approximately 73 degrees.

There is no combustion, nor need for it.

Unfortunately E-cigs are regulated by the BATF, the single most corrupt agency in the history of the western world, so there are no studies, nor will there be, unless they are conducted by independent parties.

oxidation occurs at those temperatures.

i expect that you are a smoker. why should i share air space with someone's addiction?

I am well aware of the dictionary definition of oxidation. I asked for your definition, since you seemed to be confusing oxidation with vaporization (and still are). Oh, and yes, I did take chemistry in college. That is why I know there is no combustion in an electric cig.

no oxidation/compustion at those temps, surely you jest

no oxidation/compustion at those temps, surely you jest
Are you trying to tell me that you consider water boiling to be oxidation? Boiling is a phase change of matter, with no chemical change. Oxidation is the combining of oxygen with another element, resulting in the creation of a separate substance.

Are you trying to tell me that you consider water boiling to be oxidation? Boiling is a phase change of matter, with no chemical change. Oxidation is the combining of oxygen with another element, resulting in the creation of a separate substance.

check the redox equation for boiling water...

check the redox equation for boiling water...

Oxidation is the removal of electrons and reduction is the addition.

oilrig.gif

Oxidation is the removal of electrons and reduction is the addition.

oilrig.gif

i know that, but why did you not answer my question with regard to boiling water and what chemicals are in the water or are you assuming distilled water, there is still a reaction going on until a state of equilibrium is achieved and even after...

Aren't e-cigs being commonly used by smokers who are trying to quit? Seems to me we're doing them a huge disservice by idiotically treating them the same as regular cigarettes.

Back