APP - should e-cigarettes be treated to the same restrictions as regular cigarettes?

should e-cigarettes be treated to the same restrictions as regular cigarettes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i know that, but why did you not answer my question with regard to boiling water and what chemicals are in the water or are you assuming distilled water, there is still a reaction going on until a state of equilibrium is achieved and even after...

Heating a solution of glycerol and nicotine to vapourise them is not oxidation, to su8ggest otherwise is ludicrous.

there has to be oxidation (combustion) or where does the heat to vaporize the nicotine come from?

do all of the 'heated' chemicals get inhaled by the 'smoker'?

are there any obnoxious by products that will be inhaled by nonsmokers nearby?

where are the studies that answer these questions and who conducted them?

It's nicotine and water. Nicotine isn't a toxin, and it's too diluted when expelled regardless.

oxidation occurs at those temperatures.

i expect that you are a smoker. why should i share air space with someone's addiction?

Why should you? Just stay inside all the time, if you're going to be paranoid about heavily diluted chemicals that can in no way be scientifically proven to effect your health. Certainly, the coal plant powering your house gives you 10k times the "toxins" that a million e-cig smokers blowing their water vapor in your face could ever hope too.

Heating a solution of glycerol and nicotine to vapourise them is not oxidation, to su8ggest otherwise is ludicrous.

you really do not understand chemistry and its theories do you

do you remember the part about 'going to equilibrium?'

ps would you object to watching someone taking a fix for their addiction?

you really do not understand chemistry and its theories do you

do you remember the part about 'going to equilibrium?'

ps would you object to watching someone taking a fix for their addiction?

You know, Don, as much as I like you and dislike Tom, he is correct. There is no oxidation involved.
The amount of nicotine is so minute that even if some wasn't absorbed in the lungs of the user, the exhalations could only possibly contain miniscule amounts which would then be diluted immediately upon release from the lungs.

You know, Don, as much as I like you and dislike Tom, he is correct. There is no oxidation involved.
The amount of nicotine is so minute that even if some wasn't absorbed in the lungs of the user, the exhalations could only possibly contain miniscule amounts which would then be diluted immediately upon release from the lungs.

and, as soon as the temperature dropped below 93 degrees the nicotine would revert to a liquid......you'd have to be pretty close to the vaper to get any second hand nicotine.....

Don, electronic cigarettes use nicotine suspended in propylene glycol.....this is the same substance used in many products, including diabetic insulin.....when injected into the bloodstream by diabetics, it breaks down once it reaches a temperature over 93 leaving behind its only byproduct, H2O, and the insulin is released into the blood stream.....

I've been using an electronic cigarette for over four years now.....

I mix my own ejuice.....today I'm vaping a blend of plum, kiwi, and menthol.....

ecigbreakdown-transparent.png

i tend to agree with you on this, it was the misuse of chemical theory that got me going

you are correct that the amounts are minuscule, but they do exist

if the person is using an e-cigarette on a path to kicking the nicotine habit, i am all for it

and if the 'smoker' is polite enough to ask if their 'smoking' is offensive even better

i had an experience at a lunch counter many years ago where the person sitting next to me had just finished their meal and pulled out a pack of cigarettes when i asked him if he would not smoke. he looked at the pack of cigarettes and said no problem and said that he was not even aware that he pulled them out. a polite smoker is a good smoker.

besides, it is not the nicotine that i object to, but the exhalation of the steam if directed in my direction. i cannot say that i appreciate people breathing in my face. if the 'smoker' is polite about where they exhale, then i have no problem.

besides, it is not the nicotine that i object to, but the exhalation of the steam if directed in my direction. i cannot say that i appreciate people breathing in my face. if the 'smoker' is polite about where they exhale, then i have no problem.

you realize of course that every person on the street is doing the same thing.....its just that you can only see the "breath" of the smoker......

This is getting really stupid, they want cigarettes banned and the excuse was second hand smoke kills others. They develop something that does not have any second hand affect on others and they want to ban that just because why? they look like cigarettes ? and then some of the same people want to LEGALIZE weed for shits and giggles.

Some things just piss me off because they are so grossly hypocritical, phony or just full of shit.
Disclaimer: I dont smoke cigarettes or weed

This is getting really stupid, they want cigarettes banned and the excuse was second hand smoke kills others. They develop something that does not have any second hand affect on others and they want to ban that just because why? they look like cigarettes ? and then some of the same people want to LEGALIZE weed for shits and giggles.

Some things just piss me off because they are so grossly hypocritical, phony or just full of shit.
Disclaimer: I dont smoke cigarettes or weed

true, but it has been fun listening to the rhetoric and various defenses :)

true, but it has been fun listening to the rhetoric and various defenses :)

The number one defense is Alcohol and my response is this. Millions of people drink alcohol daily responsibly without being impaired or changing their psyche in anyway. Its proven that two drinks a day is medicinal and is good for you. It also has the purpose of enhancing the taste of food for many, wine and beer.

You cannot smoke weed responsibly, you smoke weed you get stoned. Legalize weed and you will have stoners all over the place and the numbers will increase.
We wanted to send a message cigarettes are bad to kids, now they want to send the message Cigarettes=bad....but weed is good. Second hand weed smoke must be good for all of us. Give me a break.
The health risks of weed are well documented but of course ignored by all the stoners, all they tell you over and over is that weed is medicinal it stops pain. That is not medicinal that is a pain killer.
BTW alcohol was used as a pain killer for who knows how long, getting a tooth pulled get drunk first. Getting your leg sawed off in the civil war, they get you stone cold drunk and you bit on a bullet.

The number one defense is Alcohol and my response is this. Millions of people drink alcohol daily responsibly without being impaired or changing their psyche in anyway. Its proven that two drinks a day is medicinal and is good for you. It also has the purpose of enhancing the taste of food for many, wine and beer.

You cannot smoke weed responsibly, you smoke weed you get stoned. Legalize weed and you will have stoners all over the place and the numbers will increase.
We wanted to send a message cigarettes are bad to kids, now they want to send the message Cigarettes=bad....but weed is good. Second hand weed smoke must be good for all of us. Give me a break.
The health risks of weed are well documented but of course ignored by all the stoners, all they tell you over and over is that weed is medicinal it stops pain. That is not medicinal that is a pain killer.
BTW alcohol was used as a pain killer for who knows how long, getting a tooth pulled get drunk first. Getting your leg sawed off in the civil war, they get you stone cold drunk and you bit on a bullet.

i disagree with you to the extent that mj has more uses than getting stoned or relieving pain (in my case i have to use so much that as a pain killer it is a failure), however, there are those that mj works as an excellent pain killer. there was a news segment where mj flat stopped seizures for a two year old with apparent side effects. if the feds would stop being asshats about studying all the uses for mj we would all be better off. knowledge is our best defense against disease. it is ignorance that keeps us in the dark.

i disagree with you to the extent that mj has more uses than getting stoned or relieving pain (in my case i have to use so much that as a pain killer it is a failure), however, there are those that mj works as an excellent pain killer. there was a news segment where mj flat stopped seizures for a two year old with apparent side effects. if the feds would stop being asshats about studying all the uses for mj we would all be better off. knowledge is our best defense against disease. it is ignorance that keeps us in the dark.

Theres alot of nonsense claims about weed, the stoners are telling us It cures, cancer, hemmorhoids and absessed teeth. Ridiculous. Its a psychotropic its main purpose is to get your stoned.
There are TONS of studies done that show the ill effects of weed which are all ignored by the proponents of marihuana.

Theres alot of nonsense claims about weed, the stoners are telling us It cures, cancer, hemmorhoids and absessed teeth. Ridiculous. Its a psychotropic its main purpose is to get your stoned.
There are TONS of studies done that show the ill effects of weed which are all ignored by the proponents of marihuana.

Like how the WoD leads to a loss of civil liberties? Or how it's no one damned business if someone wants to get high or not?

Like how the WoD leads to a loss of civil liberties? Or how it's no one damned business if someone wants to get high or not?

I answered this in another post im not going to keep rewriting it :)

Dropping the drinking age to 18 was pushed and it was won, then they realized the mistake they made and that law was repealed.

America will come to regret legalizing weed. The Gov on colorado which legalized recreational weed at the govs conference told the other govs not to rush to legalize weed.

Google Liberal Progressive Gov Jerry browns statement on why hes AGAINST legalizing weed. Everything reason he gave for being against legalizing it just makes sense.

Back