APP - should single use plastic water bottles be banned?

should single use plastic water bottles be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's a misguided idea but a valid area for state and local governements. As has been noted, the best policy might vary from one location or situation to the next.

Funny, the fascist pos absurdly argue that states should be able to regulate who one sleeps with but telling them they can't use a plastic bottle invades their privacy.

what if the plastic that the bottled water came in, when it was tossed into a land fill and came in contact with the ground, gave off huge clouds of poisonous gas? Would it be appropriate to ban THOSE bottles?

No because that would an infringement on my rights. Me drinking bottled water is not an infringement on yours

so it is ok if you do something bad, but not if i do something bad...hmm

what if i felt that eliminating you would improve the world?

would the needs of the many outweigh your needs?

Have you lost your ever loving mind?
You're trying to equate the act of throwing away a plastic water bottle, with that of killing someone. :palm:

I am a collectivist, so I'm amenable to suggestions of reforms where a tragedy of the commons situation exists. I do not think this specific proposal is justified, however.

Imagine people getting rich selling fricken water. I dont buy bottled water, if I had water that needed filtration, Id buy a filter, rather than buy and lug around water, to me its like selling air

Imagine people getting rich selling fricken water. I dont buy bottled water, if I had water that needed filtration, Id buy a filter, rather than buy and lug around water, to me its like selling air

Yeah, those rich water treatment facilities, assholes.

Back